#1 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:08 PM

I am trying a Longer mash on a Amarillo Ale i am making. Light munich base malt, small amounts of aromatic,honey malt,and wheat . Safale 05 yeast.

#2 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64065 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:11 PM

Brewing a Blond Ale, probably Sunday, that i had planned to brew two weekends ago. Also gonna BBQ some ribs and ABTs. https://www.brews-br...tyle_emoticons/default/headbang.gif

#3 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18069 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:29 PM

Brewing a wet hop beer with homegrown Cascade, Golding, Centennial and a whopping 9 Chinook cones ...

#4 stellarbrew

stellarbrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationAcworth, GA

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:59 PM

I'm going to brew an Oktoberfest on Friday or Saturday....about four months too late to be ready for the Oktoberfest season. If I give it the recommended lagering time, I guess it should be ready about January or February.

#5 RommelMagic

RommelMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationHighland Falls, NY

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:27 PM

I'm hoping to get to brew Kolsch on Saturday. I haven't brewed since May!! <_<

#6 Humperdink

Humperdink

Cose

• In Memorium
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15798 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:35 PM

Brewing a Blond Ale, probably Sunday, that i had planned to brew two weekends ago. Also gonna BBQ some ribs and ABTs. https://www.brews-br...tyle_emoticons/default/headbang.gif

This sounds like a winner. I was thinking either a blonde or a rye pale ale this weekend. For sure with some ABTs, but i am doing up a tri tip instead of ribs. My BIL is a butcher at a crazy good little place about an hour from me. He gets free beer, I get free tri tip. It's a WIN weekend

#7 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:36 PM

I am planning to brew an Irish Red Ale with Marris C120 and Spec B and Wyeast 1084 on Sat morning or night and Sun night I am going to brew a Dunkelweizen with German Saphir hops and Wyeast 3068. Should be a great weekend. Hope everyone has a great one too!!

#8 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts
  • LocationPhippsburg Maine

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:54 PM

Doing a Belgian blond myself, Ardennes yeast 3rd gen just got explosive on the stir plate, should be a nice ferment, cool for a week, then ramp er up!

#9 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:05 PM

well, we were going to keg the latest version of the Fresh Hop Event Horizon JPA, but for reason the gravity only went down from 1.056 to 1.045 in two weeks.There still is a head of krausen on it. Inoculated five packs of US05 tonight. IronKite made an emergency run to the LHBS.Anybody else have this problem with 1026?I pitched a 4l starter in a 25 gal batch. I'm flumoxed as top the problem here!

#10 realbeerguy

realbeerguy

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1974 posts
  • LocationBluffton, SC

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:27 PM

25 gal of Belgian strong, & 10 gal Homer Pail ale by the Three Stooges of the SBL on Mondayoh, & BBQ ribs & ABT's too!

#11 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:49 PM

No brewing this weekend, But I'm bottling 15 Gallons! Should make for an interesting Sunday!

#12 kbhale

kbhale

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationEvansville IN

Posted 03 September 2009 - 11:31 PM

Just hope to keg some Sour beer and refill the barrel.

#13 Noontime

Noontime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationDelray Beach FL

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:14 AM

Making a ginger beer this weekend (it's eternal summer here in S. Florida). I want to make a pumpkin ale but what's the deal with pumpkin? I've been to every store in the area and no one has ANY canned pumpkin. Hopefully I'll be able get some fresh ones in the months to come.

#14 Mashman

Mashman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationGunnison CO

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:11 AM

I'm brewing a Dark Mild on monday. I need something that will be light and ready for company in three weeks.Mashman

#15 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9092 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:23 AM

AM. brown on Sunday....

#16 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:35 AM

Just about to mash in an over the top Am Rye. Shooting for 1.060 and 60 IBUs

#17 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

Comptroller of Some Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:37 AM

trying out an SNPA clone but subbing Amarillo for the cascades....

#18 wertydc

wertydc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:52 AM

Monday - 5gal. of Octoberfest and 10gal. of AIPA with a bunch of Centennial and Columbus through the last 20 minutes. Bought all the hops at the LHBS in 1oz. increments and had to take a second mortgage. I must make another bulk hop order before brewing again.Also have to figure out where that CO2 leak is in my gas lines/keg seals.Maybe I am a little slow, but what is 'ABT'?

#19 DieselGopher

DieselGopher

Executive Director of Whatnot and what not

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14178 posts
  • Locationhanging around

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:08 AM

I'm brewing a Dark Mild on monday. I need something that will be light and ready for company in three weeks.Mashman

Recipe if you please?? I have been looking for a dark mild recipe.Brewing plans are all for Mon. Wife and I are hosting a rather large get together Sat. and it usually spills into most of the day sunday with the closer friends. Nonetheless, Monday is going to be a double, 10 gals BVIP, and 10 gals chocolate stout.

#20 JReigle

JReigle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationSan Leandro, CA

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:11 AM

I'm hoping to do two 10 gallon batches this weekend, IPA and American stout. Got a few packs of WY1450 (hey, wasn't it 2450 last year??) which I'll definitely be using in the IPA, got a pretty big starter ready. Still considering it in the stout though, I've not used it there before - only S-05.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users