#1 Mexas Joe

Mexas Joe

Obama Thanker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20427 posts
  • LocationIt's OK to be White

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:35 AM

A defenseless dad, lying handcuffed and unresponsive on a sidewalk, received zero medical help from cops who instead just emptied his pockets, a shocking new video shows.

The seven-minute clip posted Saturday on YouTube shows an apparently lifeless Eric Garner, whose head droops to the side as at least eight cops stand nearby.

Even after the arrival of an EMT four minutes into the video, no medical aid is provided to Garner. He’s instead just loaded onto a stretcher and wheeled off.

Cops say he was pronounced dead a short time later after arriving at a Staten Island hospital.

NYPD Officer Daniel Pantaleo, caught on another video putting Garner in a chokehold, is shown standing a few feet away and chatting amiably with a uniformed colleague.

https://www.nydailyn...ticle-1.1873033

TL:DR

Cops try to arrest man for the illegal sale of smokes. Man resists arrest. Man proceeds to have a cardiac event and later dies.

NYC cops and EMS people put on admin leave. Family shouting police brutality from the rooftops. Rev AL Sharpton comes in like a carrion bird to gorge himself fat off the scandal.

#2 Trub L

Trub L

Hooked on a Feelin

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104216 posts
  • LocationIn the Middle

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:44 AM

This is clearly a problem with police brutality.  Now that Al Sharpton got involved, it will be more of a race circus that masks the real problem.

#3 Corbin

Corbin

Comptroller of Annoying-assed Threads That Go Too Freaking Long

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9337 posts
  • LocationSt. louis, Mo.

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:46 AM

You fail to mention in your TL:DR that they used a choke hold which is specifically against the rules of the police force.

#4 Mexas Joe

Mexas Joe

Obama Thanker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20427 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:50 AM

You fail to mention in your TL:DR that they used a choke hold which is specifically against the rules of the police force.

It's in the last line of the quote. :)

#5 Trub L

Trub L

Hooked on a Feelin

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104216 posts
  • LocationIn the Middle

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:53 AM

It's in the last line of the quote. :)

I think he's mad you didn't put it in your executive summary summary.  :lol:

#6 Corbin

Corbin

Comptroller of Annoying-assed Threads That Go Too Freaking Long

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9337 posts
  • LocationSt. louis, Mo.

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:54 AM

dick :P

I think he's mad you didn't put it in your executive summary summary.   :lol:

this

#7 TehFury

TehFury

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11872 posts
  • LocationA secret and heavily fortified compound.

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:58 AM

https://www.nydailyn...ticle-1.1873033

TL:DR

Cops try to arrest man for the illegal sale of smokes. Man resists arrest. Man proceeds to have a cardiac event and later dies.

NYC cops and EMS people put on admin leave. Family shouting police brutality from the rooftops. Rev AL Sharpton comes in like a carrion bird to gorge himself fat off the scandal.

I don't know if I would go so far as to call that resisting arrest. The guy didn't want to go (who can blame him), but that alone isn't enough reason to jump on a guy from the back and choke him...

#8 Trub L

Trub L

Hooked on a Feelin

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104216 posts
  • LocationIn the Middle

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:00 AM

When they say "illegal sale of smokes," are they just talking about cigarettes that tax hasn't been paid on or whatever?

#9 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32701 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:01 AM

This kind of thing is only going to get worse. Subduing a suspect is tough, but the officers need to be responsible for that suspects health while they are in custody. It's pretty silly that this was over some cigarettes.

#10 Sidney Porter

Sidney Porter

Comptroller of the Banninated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21344 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:01 AM

I saw it on TV I assume it is the same video. It will come down to the chock hold (which NYC police are not allowed to do). A union rep was explaining that the chock hold used was a different chock hold. I have not idea

#11 Mexas Joe

Mexas Joe

Obama Thanker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20427 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:04 AM

The use of the choke hold was an obvious breach of policy.

The attorneys will have a field day with this. They need to connect the choke hold to the cardiac arrest. The challenge will be proving what killed him, the 300+ lbs of extra body weight and possible poor cardiovascular condition were already a ticking bomb.

#12 Trub L

Trub L

Hooked on a Feelin

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104216 posts
  • LocationIn the Middle

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:08 AM

The use of the choke hold was an obvious breach of policy.

The attorneys will have a field day with this. They need to connect the choke hold to the cardiac arrest. The challenge will be proving what killed him, the 300+ lbs of extra body weight and possible poor cardiovascular condition were already a ticking bomb.

Living in NYC may have been a ticking time bomb as well, but I don't think it takes a supergenius or even a decent attorney to connect a chokehold with cardiovascular stress.

#13 badogg

badogg

Comptroller of jokes about violence against women

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26689 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:14 AM

This kind of thing is only going to get worse. Subduing a suspect is tough, but the officers need to be responsible for that suspects health while they are in custody. It's pretty silly that this was over some cigarettes.

Cigarettes kill in many ways.

#14 MakeMeHoppy

MakeMeHoppy

Redundancy Comptroller of Redundancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8048 posts
  • LocationLower, Slower Delaware

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:15 AM

from the constant NYC news I get to see here is the summary to date:The guy was selling loose cigarettes instead of by the pack. Not sure why that needed so many cops to take down this obvious number one criminal down.

The 'choke' hold is now the center of attention. The latest from I believe the police union was that it was a submission hold and not a true choke hold. The PH should really help with this battle of symantics.

#15 awall

awall

Comptroller of Being a Cool Dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10384 posts
  • LocationRowley

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:30 AM

a submission hold, not a true choke hold.  lol.  over selling untaxed cigarettes.  

#16 Gumbo Leviathan

Gumbo Leviathan

Nutritional Anthropologist

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24030 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:06 AM

Cigarettes kill in many ways.

POTD

#17 Emerson Biggins

Emerson Biggins

Comptroller of Hair

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5783 posts
  • LocationThe other side of the river

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:28 AM

The latest from I believe the police union was that it was a submission hold and not a true choke hold.

"Oh, um, that?  That's not a choke hold.  That's a submission hold.  I know they look the same to a civilian (or anyone with sight), but they're totally not the same thing.  We'd never use a choke hold.  Nothing to see here, move along..."

#18 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76651 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:21 AM

"Oh, um, that?  That's not a choke hold.  That's a submission hold.  I know they look the same to a civilian (or anyone with sight), but they're totally not the same thing.  We'd never use a choke hold.  Nothing to see here, move along..."

Exactly.  The purpose of a choke hold is to choke someone.  The purpose of a submission hold is to choke someone until they submit to you.  TOTALLY different.... :P  :D

This is clearly a problem with police brutality.  Now that Al Sharpton got involved, it will be more of a race circus that masks the real problem.

And, sadly, this.

#19 MakeMeHoppy

MakeMeHoppy

Redundancy Comptroller of Redundancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8048 posts
  • LocationLower, Slower Delaware

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:42 PM

I don't think the major networks even report on anything Sharpton has to say these days.

#20 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35119 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:48 PM

I don't think the major networks even report on anything Sharpton has to say these days.

BAW!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users