#41 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:43 AM

I really like the saison pic, I like it more than that beer!

This is the one you are dryhopping, it cleared up since this picture was taken

httpss://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-myAYMUC-raQ/VEEJSrWQ7sI/AAAAAAAAFbo/TtLv8pnCqOM/w426-h640-no/chinook-citra.jpg

mine might be getting close to this level of clarity but honestly I don't even care b/c it tastes delicious :)

#42 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts
  • LocationCoconut Creek, FL

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:43 AM

Mr. Monkey, please share what you have there.

#43 codemonkey

codemonkey

Ass. Comptroller of Ferthdays

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18916 posts
  • LocationMy suburban paradise

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:51 AM

Mr. Monkey, please share what you have there.

Whiskey. 50% 2-row, 50% wheat and WLP070 for the yeast. That's a 3 gallon carboy, and I think at the time of the pic it had been sitting on those oak cubes for a little over a month. I used 2 oz of medium toast american oak. Half went straight in, the other half I charred with a propane torch.

That light lager pic further up the page is pretty damn impressive!

#44 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18036 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:52 AM

httpss://farm3.staticflickr.com/2901/14361312323_c0a357189c_z.jpg

:)

Do you need my address?

mine might be getting close to this level of clarity but honestly I don't even care b/c it tastes delicious :)

I am glad you like the recipe.

#45 codemonkey

codemonkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18916 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:59 AM

Do you need my address?

Unfortunately, JKor and I finished off that batch. All I've got right now is rum, but the next one should be ready to go on oak in a couple more weeks. Funny thing is that I really do want to share and get feedback, but due to the whole legal aspect I really should be keeping my mouth shut more than I have been :blush:

#46 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:03 AM

Unfortunately, JKor and I finished off that batch. All I've got right now is rum, but the next one should be ready to go on oak in a couple more weeks. Funny thing is that I really do want to share and get feedback, but due to the whole legal aspect I really should be keeping my mouth shut more than I have been :blush:

I was wondering about that...

I am glad you like the recipe.

can you tell? :)

#47 codemonkey

codemonkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18916 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:29 AM

I was wondering about that...

I bought some of my equipment from an online retailer, and a couple of years ago the TTB forced all retailers to turn over their customer lists, so my name's already in whatever databases may or may not matter. I figure if the government wants to get serious I'm already screwed, so discussing distilling on an online forum is pretty low on the list of things to worry about. It's more of a shame to not talk about it, as there's so much interesting science going on.

#48 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16491 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:54 AM

I bought some of my equipment from an online retailer, and a couple of years ago the TTB forced all retailers to turn over their customer lists, so my name's already in whatever databases may or may not matter. I figure if the government wants to get serious I'm already screwed, so discussing distilling on an online forum is pretty low on the list of things to worry about. It's more of a shame to not talk about it, as there's so much interesting science going on.

If the distillers get a wild hair up their ass and put together a nice lobbying effort I'd look out. No better way to protect your market than by use of force you know.

Edited by nettles, 28 October 2014 - 11:54 AM.

#49 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18036 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:56 AM

Well, it looked real nice!

#50 codemonkey

codemonkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18916 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 12:06 PM

If the distillers get a wild hair up their ass and put together a nice lobbying effort I'd look out. No better way to protect your market than by use of force you know.

Absolutely. It's just like how legalized homebrewing destroyed the craft beer industry <_<

#51 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16491 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 12:28 PM

Absolutely. It's just like how legalized homebrewing destroyed the craft beer industry <_<

The threat only need be perceived not real.

#52 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53363 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:38 AM

A Red Lager that is on tap right now. Strange lighting here but the beer is RED and came out very nicely. No REDX in this beer either...Posted Image

#53 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18036 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:43 AM

Ken.. er.. Taphouse - that red beer looks awesome!

Here is a Hoppy Oatmeal Stout that was a collaboration recipe between drez77 and Evil Monty.  I think this was brewed back in January of February and it is still holding up nicely.  This was taken last Saturday.

httpss://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-75ZtHP8TtQo/VHo249THSzI/AAAAAAAAGF8/WdJSZXJu1FU/w1258-h866-no/1129141551-1.jpg

#54 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53363 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:47 AM

Wow, nice. You can just get a hint of the color in the lower right of the glass. Pretty beer.

#55 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:49 AM

Wow, nice. You can just get a hint of the color in the lower right of the glass. Pretty beer.

it's a beauty for sure!  I still have some as well - probably 1/2 keg or so.

here is my example of a pale ale recipe from drez (his version at the top of the page).  it's not super clear by any means but it's tough with that much hopping (lots of whirlpool, primary dry hop and keg dry hop).

httpss://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-PHCvmyvfRBI/VIHKMzQVaSI/AAAAAAAARYA/Lo1IEt6H8bs/s720/162.JPG

Edited by Evil_Morty, 05 December 2014 - 09:50 AM.

#56 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18036 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:51 AM

it's a beauty for sure!  I still have some as well - probably 1/2 keg or so.

here is my example of a pale ale recipe from drez (his version at the top of the page).  it's not super clear by any means but it's tough with that much hopping (lots of whirlpool, primary dry hop and keg dry hop).

httpss://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-PHCvmyvfRBI/VIHKMzQVaSI/AAAAAAAARYA/Lo1IEt6H8bs/s720/162.JPG

:wub:

#57 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53363 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:56 AM

Looks nice Morty. I have some pale ales coming down the pipeline that should look a lot like that one.

#58 Humperdink

Humperdink

Cose

• In Memorium
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15798 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 08:51 PM

Bad picture with the condensation, but you get the idea. Helles.

Posted Image

#59 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16491 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:58 PM

Chicago Spring IPA  Recipe here https://www.brews-br...1272/?p=1865118

Big dose in the whirlpool and dry of Chinook, Centennial, Citra and El Dorado

Deep orange color from the Munich and C60 plays well with the candied orange peel notes from the El Dorado.

Also that's the Spiegelau glass Doobah and I were taking about in the other thread.

Finally took a pic with an actual camera instead of my phone.

Posted Image

Edited by nettles, 05 December 2014 - 09:59 PM.

#60 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18036 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:24 AM

That beer looks great nettles and I have the same glasses and they are really nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users