#1 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49850 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:21 PM

My backyard orchardist friend, another mutual friend, and I all went in on another JD barrel last fall to ferment some cider in. We always press 200-300 gallons and have a party to get some help with it, but the apples were spectacular last season so we decided to make a special batch. We have a pretty good knowledge of where we can harvest some really good cider apples (varieties unknown unfortunately) for free around town, so we hit up all our favorite trees and even got some new to us varieties from other sources (also free). Hence the reason for the new barrel. Anyway, this was a purely spontaneously fermented batch. Fermented right in the Jack barrel. I kid you not, this is the absolute best cider I have ever tasted. We will be doing this again. It is entered in my club's comp and will be judged tonite. Wish me luck!I hope I have a few bottles for any of you guys should we happen to bump into each other.

#2 pods8

pods8

Grand Duke of Near Misses

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28287 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:54 PM

Good luck!

I hope I have a few bottles for any of you guys should we happen to bump into each other.

Takes more than a little cider. :P

#3 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49850 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:01 PM

You haven't tried it yet ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users