#1 Dave in Indiana

Dave in Indiana

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5988 posts
  • Locationa bustle in your hedgerow

Posted 04 April 2009 - 06:21 AM

Found a cheap fridge on craigslist suitable for my garage and 3 or so taps.When I go pick this bad boy up, can I lay it down in my truck or does it need to ride standing up?It potentially could be on its back for 45 minutes.

#2 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 04 April 2009 - 06:25 AM

I think the best suggestion would be to stand it straight up and not have worries about any issues. Otherwise though even for 45 mins if you do lay it down I think a good suggestion would be stand it back up when you get home and let it sit for a day or two. The fluids move around when its on its side and the compressor can be effected from that. I think its a risk laying it down but letting it stand up for awhile you should be fine. Enjoy the new setup and don't forget post some pics so we can admire it too please.

#3 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 06:26 AM

I think the best suggestion would be to stand it straight up and not have worries about any issues. Otherwise though even for 45 mins if you do lay it down I think a good suggestion would be stand it back up when you get home and let it sit for a day or two. The fluids move around when its on its side and the compressor can be effected from that. I think its a risk laying it down but letting it stand up for awhile you should be fine. Enjoy the new setup and don't forget post some pics so we can admire it too please.

This is the general advice I have seen. I have no idea how valid it is. For the record when I bought a new fridge for my basement the Sears guys had it on it's back as they moved it from the truck and into my basement. They then immediately plugged it in. Still seems to be working...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users