82 replies to this topic

#1 Enid Puceflange

Enid Puceflange

Old Squinty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6563 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:28 PM

I saw this and thought it was interesting: https://www.slate.co...republican.html

[color=rgb(40,27,33);font-family:'sl-ApresRegular';font-size:15px;]As a Tea Party Republican, which means I vote Republican but don't think much of the party, I see that the Republicans are glad to have us in the voting booth but not interested in anything we have to say. In 2009-10, Tea Partiers went after Democrats because they had absolute power in Washington, and we felt they threatened the entire system with statist government typified by too much spending. After first being the only ones to stand up, and then winning a great victory, it was sobering to find out that many Republicans paid only lip service to the idea of smaller government.[/color]

So we started going after the Republicans who said one thing and did another. Third parties don't traditionally do well, so we began the long and slow process of remaking the Republican Party into its stated goals of building a limited government that functions within constitutional limits.

They hate us for that, because we're taking away their meal ticket. It's a good gig to be a "conservative" Republican with a lifetime appointment from a safe district but living in Washington. It's also anti–everything the Tea Party stands for.

#2 StankDelicious

StankDelicious

Comptroller of BigBossMan

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14012 posts
  • LocationMarylandistan

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:37 PM

I saw this and thought it was interesting: https://www.slate.co...republican.html

Man, that guy sounds like a total radical terrorist. :P

#3 miccullen

miccullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 66809 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

Man, that guy sounds like a total radical terrorist. :P

lol

problem is there are way to many ignorant racist ####tards wrapping themselves up with the genuine smaller government movement, wayyyyyyy too many

#4 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

Comptroller of C-Blocking and Wet Streak Marks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 73012 posts
  • LocationRedneckistan

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:42 PM

lol

problem is there are way to many ignorant racist ####tards wrapping themselves up with the genuine smaller government movement, wayyyyyyy too many

problem is that those ####tards are such a small minority its ridiculous.  but they are an easy target if you wanna paint the entire TP as a bunch of ignorant racist ####tards.

#5 StankDelicious

StankDelicious

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14012 posts
  • LocationMarylandistan

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:42 PM

lol

There are ####tards in every movement. The easiest way to marginalize a movement is to focus on them and paint them as the majority.

#6 StankDelicious

StankDelicious

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14012 posts
  • LocationMarylandistan

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:43 PM

problem is that those ####tards are such a small minority its ridiculous.  but they are an easy target if you wanna paint the entire TP as a bunch of ignorant racist ####tards.

Beat me to it.

#7 Trub L

Trub L

Hooked on a Feelin

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112411 posts
  • LocationIn the Middle

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:45 PM

lol

I know, right?  I think there are upwards of six now.  And, of course there's the issue that they mysteriously and inexplicably get like 99.99% of the television coverage.  It's a time of possession issue.  Look it up.

#8 Stains_not_here_man

Stains_not_here_man

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 94404 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:46 PM

I don't think that those people are as much a minority as you think.  I'm not saying they're the majority, but it's a sizable amount IMO.

#9 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 73012 posts
  • LocationRedneckistan

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:48 PM

I don't think that those people are as much a minority as you think.  I'm not saying they're the majority, but it's a sizable amount IMO.

it certainly would ~appear~ sizable if you watch the news, that's for damn sure.

#10 Stains_not_here_man

Stains_not_here_man

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 94404 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:51 PM

it certainly would ~appear~ sizable if you watch the news, that's for damn sure.

Well, that, plus the comments on many internet forums/news websites, and hearing the way a lot of people in person talk about the President... :)

#11 StankDelicious

StankDelicious

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14012 posts
  • LocationMarylandistan

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:51 PM

So is the New Black Panther Party, Nation of Islam and the Moorish Nation, but I don't brand the DNC racist because of those idiots.

#12 miccullen

miccullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 66809 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:52 PM

I know some in real life, more than 6  :P

#13 Stains_not_here_man

Stains_not_here_man

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 94404 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:53 PM

So is the New Black Panther Party, Nation of Islam and the Moorish Nation, but I don't brand the DNC racist because of those idiots.

Right, and I don't brand the GOP racist because of the Tea Party either. ;)

#14 miccullen

miccullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 66809 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

none of them are standing at the forefront of DNC political rallies ither

#15 Mexas Joe

Mexas Joe

Obama Thanker

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22502 posts
  • LocationIt's OK to be White

Well, I can't argue with any of that. And I'm agree with this too:

There is only one group of people willing to state the obvious—this country is living on borrowed prosperity. Our economic growth is anemic. Our government is too powerful. And it can't continue.

Printing money, expanding entitlements, winning debt ceiling fights—those are all distractions, because the math behind our liabilities is greater than any political speech or series of elections.

The core of the Tea Party support believes that if we do not cut our reliance on big government, the resulting chaos when the system fails will be more painful than the cuts themselves. So when we fight against legislation or a candidate, it's with the knowledge that the battle is not simply over priorities, but survival.

Something that can't go on forever won't. Debts that cannot be paid won't. Promises that can't be kept won't.

There is always a reckoning. Some of us are just dumb enough to believe the American people deserve to be warned.

And being the boogeyman of the left is fun too.

#16 Stains_not_here_man

Stains_not_here_man

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 94404 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:55 PM

Actually, I will clarify one thing - I am not necessarily going to say that it's all "racism" but my impression is that there is a lot more flat-out hatred of Obama from a lot of Tea Partiers than other recent presidents received.  Yes, people hated Slick Willie and people hated Bush JR. but I don't know -- a lot of the stuff I hear people saying about Obama just seems so venomous.  There is a lot more anger behind it than I feel is warranted, and it feels personal, not just anger at his policies.  It seems that a lot of people don't like Obama as a man, not just as President.

#17 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 73012 posts
  • LocationRedneckistan

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:56 PM

Well, that, plus the comments on many internet forums/news websites, and hearing the way a lot of people in person talk about the President... :)

same was said about the ####tards at democratic underground when bush was pres.  so I'm failing to see a good correlation here.

#18 StankDelicious

StankDelicious

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14012 posts
  • LocationMarylandistan

none of them are standing at the forefront of DNC political rallies ither

None that will make national news, but they are big players in Harlem and Chicago politics.

#19 Stains_not_here_man

Stains_not_here_man

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 94404 posts

same was said about the ####tards at democratic underground when bush was pres.  so I'm failing to see a good correlation here.

see post #16

#20 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 73012 posts
  • LocationRedneckistan

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:57 PM

Actually, I will clarify one thing - I am not necessarily going to say that it's all "racism" but my impression is that there is a lot more flat-out hatred of Obama from a lot of Tea Partiers than other recent presidents received.  Yes, people hated Slick Willie and people hated Bush JR. but I don't know -- a lot of the stuff I hear people saying about Obama just seems so venomous.  There is a lot more anger behind it than I feel is warranted, and it feels personal, not just anger at his policies.  It seems that a lot of people don't like Obama as a man, not just as President.

there was a LOT of venomous stuff on the web after the bush/gore fiasco, and that definitely felt personal as well

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: politics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users