#1 Mexas Joe

Mexas Joe

Obama Thanker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21904 posts
  • LocationIt's OK to be White

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – A grandfather checking on his neighbor is shot and killed by Fort Worth police. The shots rang out early Tuesday morning near Woodhaven Country Club, in east Fort Worth.

Those close to the family say the victim lived nearby and heard his neighbor’s burglar alarm. Neighbor Jerry Wayne Waller then apparently went outside to see what was going on.

The 72-year-old man didn’t even make it to the house across the street before he was shot. He died on his own property.

Because gun threads deliver.

So much fail here. Old man goes outside because neighbor's alarm is going off. Cops gun down the old man in his front yard. Seems the old codger had his handgun on him.

https://dfw.cbslocal...-burglary-call/

#2 pods8

pods8

Grand Duke of Near Misses

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21130 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:00 AM

Some coppers better be in some serious shit if they shot him just because they saw him with a gun walking out of his own property and didn't verbally address him to lay down the gun or such before the shooting.

#3 Mando

Mando

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40812 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

this is guns and police.  extra charge on that delivery!

#4 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33189 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:02 AM

That's just a plain old #### up and it seems the guys that did it know it. 

#5 Mexas Joe

Mexas Joe

Obama Thanker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21904 posts
  • LocationIt's OK to be White

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

Rather than wait till Page 3, the old man failed to ask the cops if he was free to go.

#6 bdutton

bdutton

Comptroller of Gifts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6825 posts
  • LocationLooking over your shoulder, judging you.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

Should have stayed in the truck.

#7 AspenLeif

AspenLeif

Comptroller of Gingerliness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20278 posts
  • LocationAspen, CO

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

Bahstan triggah fingahsMB

#8 Sidney Porter

Sidney Porter

Comptroller of the Banninated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22392 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:33 AM

I need to see the old man's facebook post to see if he was deserving of getting shot.

#9 Dave

Dave

Grammaraticus of Titty Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31356 posts
  • LocationLugnar Island

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:50 AM

Cops that #### up like this should be removed from the force. That would make other cops think a bit more before deciding to shoot.

I will give the 2 cops this: they only shot 5 rounds and managed to kill their target...I see many stories where a group of cops all unload and barely hit anything.

#10 Brownbeard

Brownbeard

Comptroller of Ilks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32218 posts
  • LocationCedar Rapids, Ia

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:58 AM

Nothing will happen to these cops. 

#11 phalanxausage

phalanxausage

Atomic Chef! and Full-Time Francophile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3164 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:02 PM

Guns & cops behaving badly? I think you posted this to ensure Big BM doesn't return.

#12 pods8

pods8

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21130 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

Cops that #### up like this should be removed from the force. That would make other cops think a bit more before deciding to shoot.I will give the 2 cops this: they only shot 5 rounds and managed to kill their target...I see many stories where a group of cops all unload and barely hit anything.

Depends on details. As always I say would a civilian be charged under the same? Is so they should go to court. So if they fired without reasonably trying to access the threat then charge them, if the dude didn't respond to stand down notices then he was a threat. A badge is not immunity for manslaughter/murder.

#13 Emerson Biggins

Emerson Biggins

Comptroller of Hair

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts
  • LocationThe other side of the river

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

Nothing will happen to these cops. 

#14 Dave

Dave

Grammaraticus of Titty Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31356 posts
  • LocationLugnar Island

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

Depends on details. As always I say would a civilian be charged under the same? Is so they should go to court. So if they fired without reasonably trying to access the threat then charge them, if the dude didn't respond to stand down notices then he was a threat. A badge is not immunity for manslaughter/murder.

I saw an interview with a neighbor and he seemed to indicate that there were no warnings or orders given to the victim...who was in his own driveway across the street from the burglar alarmed house.

I'm far from a cop-hater but this (so far) looks real bad.

I hope more info comes to light..

#15 pods8

pods8

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21130 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

I saw an interview with a neighbor and he seemed to indicate that there were no warnings or orders given to the victim...who was in his own driveway across the street from the burglar alarmed house.

I'm far from a cop-hater but this (so far) looks real bad.

I hope more info comes to light..

If that is the case then charges should be filed.  I'll wait for the facts but my stance is and always will be cops should be minimally held to the standard a civilian would and ideally higher.  So if a civilian would get charged they should as well.

Edited by pods8, 29 May 2013 - 01:44 PM.

#16 Clintama

Clintama

No Life

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30244 posts
  • LocationRight Here

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:16 PM

Sure do wish there was video of this, but if the cops have any, it's probably gone by now.

#17 CarlosM

CarlosM

Señor Joykill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12344 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:16 PM

I need to see the old man's facebook post to see if he was deserving of getting shot.

/thread lol

#18 CarlosM

CarlosM

Señor Joykill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12344 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

Cops that #### up like this should be removed from the force. That would make other cops think a bit more before deciding to shoot.

I will give the 2 cops this: they only shot 5 rounds and managed to kill their target...I see many stories where a group of cops all unload and barely hit anything.

many chicago cops kill innocent people all the time, that or seriously maim or physically assault them, nothing ever really happens. 

#19 TxBrewer

TxBrewer

CrAp Czar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20333 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:58 PM

many chicago cops kill innocent people all the time, that or seriously maim or physically assault them, nothing ever really happens. 

I am not saying that it doesn't happen but it seems every story I read about a kid shot by Chicago police the parents and community leaders are screaming about how their harmless angel was gunned down by police and any gun found next to the kid was planted by the corrupt cops.

If these cops shot without identifying them screw firing them CHARGE THEM.   But to tow the Chicago line of the cops kill innocent people all the time seems like an exageration.

#20 CarlosM

CarlosM

Señor Joykill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12344 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:36 PM

I am not saying that it doesn't happen but it seems every story I read about a kid shot by Chicago police the parents and community leaders are screaming about how their harmless angel was gunned down by police and any gun found next to the kid was planted by the corrupt cops.

If these cops shot without identifying them screw firing them CHARGE THEM.   But to tow the Chicago line of the cops kill innocent people all the time seems like an exageration.

it happens...a lot. The same way you were just so quick to judge "the angels" is the same reason people think the cops are corrupt from the pure amount of recurrences.  Except, if youre a cop you have the "good ol boys" on your side. A while back my friends house got broken into, well rather his mothers he was visiting. Cops broke in suspecting it was a "drug den" guns blazing, cuffed both him and his mom while they were eating dinner and proceeded to shoot his mothers pomeranian because it  looked "vicious and would attack". Low and behold the cops mixed up the house numbers, nothing to this day has been

payed for (damages) or apology for their dead dog.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users