Photo
- - - - -

Miller's new mini-keg...for your fridge!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:40 AM

ArticleCheck out Miller's new way of packaging their "triple-hopped" "beer"....

#2 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:44 AM

Link fail.

#3 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:44 AM

The link is not working. :) Am anxious to read about their new beverage delivery system.

#4 Winkydowbrewing

Winkydowbrewing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationWorcester, MA

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:45 AM

what a tease.

#5 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:49 AM

Sorry....here we go!https://online.wsj.c...5717088341.html

#6 Winkydowbrewing

Winkydowbrewing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationWorcester, MA

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:59 AM

Anyone know what the you get for redeeming those home draught systems, I think I saw them being over $1.50 in the past, but am not totally sure.

#7 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:29 PM

It would be pretty nice to outfit them and refill them for home brew. I could see putting one of these on the end table next to the couch so I could refill my draft while watching the game without getting up! A mini/desktop keggerator.

#8 Brewmasters Warehouse

Brewmasters Warehouse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:34 PM

This is just what I want to see. Another reason for stores to use up more shelf space selling bad beer. Reading the article it looks like Miller is hurting. I guess that is what happens when a beer company tries to tell customers how hoppy their beer is when no one can taste any hops in it at all.Ed

#9 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64096 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:34 PM

Looks like a Tap-a-Draft.

#10 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:40 PM

An interesting article loaded with marketing gimmicks to boost sales of commercial beer. I thought it interesting that they said "Sales of major U.S. beer brands are struggling as some recession-weary consumers drink less or switch to cheaper brews." What??? Are there people out there that think BMC is a "premium" priced beer? I guess maybe Keystone and Colt cost less... but not THAT much that the recession is going to cause the average BMC drinker to trade down. If I had to guess, I would say that more people are learning about quality craft brew and are actually trading up and leaving BMC behind. If you think about it logically, more small craft breweries would be hurting and we would be hearing about that, wouldn't we? My hunch is that more of the market share of beer sales is going to higher priced quality beers.

#11 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:41 PM

I have seen the NewCastle mini keg. It's just like the heineken keg. If it would fit in my mini fridge I would get one, but what's the point when I've got homebrew!

#12 Sidney Porter

Sidney Porter

Comptroller of the Banninated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29302 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:54 PM

It would be pretty nice to outfit them and refill them for home brew. I could see putting one of these on the end table next to the couch so I could refill my draft while watching the game without getting up! A mini/desktop keggerator.

https://www.listerma...ails.asp?ID=573For the old stlye mini kegs without the built in co2. You can buy empty kegs or go to dunderbaks and buy kegs with beer in them (mostly german).There is another version that pours out of the tap in the side of the keg. I got one on closeout for $5, used it a couple time, little rough of a pour but fits in a fridge. Not bad to take to homebrew meetings etc

#13 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:00 PM

[quote name='Brewmasters Warehouse' post='117716' date='Jul 29 2009, 03:34 PM']This is just what I want to see. Another reason for stores to use up more shelf space selling bad beer. Reading the article it looks like Miller is hurting. I guess that is what happens when a beer company tries to tell customers how hoppy their beer is when no one can taste any hops in it at all.Ed[/quote]+1 Thats for sure. Who wants to savor and keep a beer as tasteless and bland as Miller Lite. Just another sales gimmick to get uneducated beer drinkers to think wow this is cool let me get one. Marketing ploy for sure. [quote name='Deerslyr' date='Jul 29 2009, 03:40 PM' post='117718']An interesting article loaded with marketing gimmicks to boost sales of commercial beer. I thought it interesting that they said "Sales of major U.S. beer brands are struggling as some recession-weary consumers drink less or switch to cheaper brews." What??? Are there people out there that think BMC is a "premium" priced beer? I guess maybe Keystone and Colt cost less... but not THAT much that the recession is going to cause the average BMC drinker to trade down. If I had to guess, I would say that more people are learning about quality beer. It seems very true, more microbreweries are opening and brewing some great quality beer. The smaller guy is staying in business and that is wonderful. Hopefully in a few years I will join them. If you can trade down from BMC I would be surprised. They are all about marketing and profits no doubts.

#14 Sidney Porter

Sidney Porter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29302 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:05 PM

Are there people out there that think BMC is a "premium" priced beer? I guess maybe Keystone and Colt cost less... but not THAT much that the recession is going to cause the average BMC drinker to trade down.

.5% of Bud/Bud Light drinkers switching to Keystone/keystone light is a lot of volume

#15 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:33 PM

.5% of Bud/Bud Light drinkers switching to Keystone/keystone light is a lot of volume

I think they need to show us numbers in which way everything is trending before they expect us to eat this tripe. Something just doesn't smell right... and it's not the Plum Hefe I had to throw down the drain last night!

#16 Salsgebom

Salsgebom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:02 PM

I thought it interesting that they said "Sales of major U.S. beer brands are struggling as some recession-weary consumers drink less or switch to cheaper brews." What??? Are there people out there that think BMC is a "premium" priced beer? I guess maybe Keystone and Colt cost less... but not THAT much that the recession is going to cause the average BMC drinker to trade down.

Keystone is brewed by Coors and Colt is brewed by Miller. Coors and Miller are merged. All American corn/rice lager is brewed by the 3 giants. The money goes to the same place.

#17 Salsgebom

Salsgebom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:27 PM

I'll correct the statement "All" corn lager is brewed by BMC. There is at least Yuengling, and maybe more independent corn breweries, but they're not cheaper.

#18 weave

weave

Just Silly and Overboard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8111 posts
  • LocationWestern NY

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:28 PM

I'll correct the statement "All" corn lager is brewed by BMC. There is at least Yuengling, and maybe more independent corn breweries, but they're not cheaper.

+1Plenty of regional corn breweries out there. Genesee (High Falls) is another. Straub's in Pa is one as well.

#19 Sidney Porter

Sidney Porter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29302 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:33 PM

+1Plenty of regional corn breweries out there. Genesee (High Falls) is another. Straub's in Pa is one as well.

The only national one I can think of is PBR (which is contact brewed by miller but not owned by miller).Other regional that might be independent (could be BMC), who ever makes little kings, iron city, old style

#20 Patrick C.

Patrick C.

Comproller of Toilet Tank Vodka

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8899 posts
  • LocationAcworth GA

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:36 PM

I hope this thing sells like crazy, so they expand it to carry something halfway decent. I would buy one just to see if I could re-use it for homebrew. I already keg, but this would be perfect when I want to take a gallon at a time or give some brew to friends without having to bottle it.For the BMC bashers, remember that craft beers are still only 6% of overall beer sales. It's the fastest growing segment, but still a small piece of the pie. And of course the new packaging is about trying to increase profits. The beer still sucks, so hey, New Package! (my own BMC bashing :shock: )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users