#1 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49850 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

https://www.nytimes....html?_r=2 says it all Enjoy!

#2 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

Comptroller of le Shartes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16489 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

Excellent. I sat at their tasting room the second week they were open sampling their fine work. Of course I brought some home too. Glad I have some bottles left in the fridge.

#3 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

He's not going to be our little secret much longer is he?

#4 al_bob

al_bob

Bamahout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11032 posts
  • LocationMidland, Texas USA

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

I heard that...

#5 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

So how does a guy that age get the cash to start something like this? The idea of doing this is awesome until I consider how much money I'd need to feel comfortable giving this a go.

#6 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

Comptroller of le Shartes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16489 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

So how does a guy that age get the cash to start something like this? The idea of doing this is awesome until I consider how much money I'd need to feel comfortable giving this a go.

When I was there he was telling me they were opening a 20bll system in downtown Denver.

#7 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

I did not think he was much of a secret anymore. I have been hearing about his beers for a long time.

#8 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49850 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

I did not think he was much of a secret anymore. I have been hearing about his beers for a long time.

LOL you aren't the average beer drinker, but yeah.

Where does anyone get money? It is a good question, but I think the simple answer is that people have money and sometimes some people are lucky that way. Whether it is family money or investment in a solid idea, businesses of all stripes have to start somewhere.

#9 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:58 AM

Where does anyone get money? It is a good question, but I think the simple answer is that people have money and sometimes some people are lucky that way. Whether it is family money or investment in a solid idea, businesses of all stripes have to start somewhere.

sounds like a good ph discussion. at 28 I would have had to have put every last penny I had to get started and even that might not have been enough. failure would have meant financial ruin. given how risky a venture something like this is it makes me wonder if someone just had enough cash that the risk was acceptable or if they figured out a way to start small enough to start and to grow the business in such a way that if they had to shut it down they would be "okay" financially until they could get a new job.

#10 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:38 AM

LOL you aren't the average beer drinker,

Good point!

#11 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

When I was there he was telling me they were opening a 20bll system in downtown Denver.

I think it's supposed to be open now.

#12 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49850 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

sounds like a good ph discussion. at 28 I would have had to have put every last penny I had to get started and even that might not have been enough. failure would have meant financial ruin. given how risky a venture something like this is it makes me wonder if someone just had enough cash that the risk was acceptable or if they figured out a way to start small enough to start and to grow the business in such a way that if they had to shut it down they would be "okay" financially until they could get a new job.

Still, some people have money. I am pretty sure the guy got his Master's in Brett and has published some pretty incredible and groundbreaking research on the subject, so it is possible that a beer geek with a pocketbook thought it was a good investment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users