#62 orudis

orudis

Deputy Comptroller of Rarts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16991 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

I read a really funny mean review of an album recently, need to find it. I love a good bad review.

#63 TehFury

TehFury

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11885 posts
  • LocationA secret and heavily fortified compound.

I am having a hard time imagining a guy like that who puts so much effort into cultivating that California Guy image in New York

Don't judge me, I'm just doin' my thing!

#64 inv

inv

Not Invalid

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11869 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Sorry bro

#65 TehFury

TehFury

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11885 posts
  • LocationA secret and heavily fortified compound.

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

Sorry bro

No problem. Want a triple bacon, pulled pork slider with 5 different kinds of cheese, habaneros and bacon?

#66 dagomike

dagomike

Comptroller of CrapPapples

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12091 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

Response from Guy...https://eatocracy.cn...rant/?hpt=hp_c3

That's a BS deflection. The writer mentioned his other restaurants and indicated he was disappointed his latest didn't measure up.I suspect though he took some cheap shots knowing a lot of people would read it in delight. It's possible to write a scathing review in a professional matter -- without the personal attacks.I think he's Guy is a fake TV personality. Diners and Drives is entertaining and interesting despite the host. If any of his restaurants are successful, I would assume it's because he hired, or had help hiring, good people, and not that he knows anything about running the front of the house, the kitchen, or putting together a menu.

#67 inv

inv

Not Invalid

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11869 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:17 AM

If it takes me to Flavor Town like Rachael Ray does? Yes.Times Square is the best place for food in the universe

#68 inv

inv

Not Invalid

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11869 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:18 AM

I think he's Guy is a fake TV personality. Diners and Drives is entertaining and interesting despite the host. If any of his restaurants are successful, I would assume it's because he hired, or had help hiring, good people, and not that he knows anything about running the front of the house, the kitchen, or putting together a menu.

I can't watch the guy. One, the food on the show is about as interesting as watching fast food being made.And the entire show seems like he should be selling some prostate medication.

#69 dagomike

dagomike

Comptroller of CrapPapples

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12091 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

If it takes me to Flavor Town like Rachael Ray does? Yes.Times Square is the best place for food in the universe

Posted Image

#70 inv

inv

Not Invalid

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11869 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

Rollin' Dirty in Flavor Town

#71 badogg

badogg

Comptroller of jokes about violence against women

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27533 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

That's a BS deflection. The writer mentioned his other restaurants and indicated he was disappointed his latest didn't measure up.I suspect though he took some cheap shots knowing a lot of people would read it in delight. It's possible to write a scathing review in a professional matter -- without the personal attacks.I think he's Guy is a fake TV personality. Diners and Drives is entertaining and interesting despite the host. If any of his restaurants are successful, I would assume it's because he hired, or had help hiring, good people, and not that he knows anything about running the front of the house, the kitchen, or putting together a menu.

Lol, yeah because he didn't own and run his own successful restaurants prior to winning next food network star. Oh wait, he DID. And they are Damn good too.

#72 mach5

mach5

Helibottle Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationColumbia, PA

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

I enjoy his show and appreciate what he is trying to do with it. I read that review and it makes me never want to buy a NYT product. It just screams with an elitist attitude. In fact, after reading it, it makes me more interested in going to his restaurant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users