#1 Mexas Joe

Mexas Joe

Obama Thanker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20578 posts
  • LocationIt's OK to be White

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:22 AM

A Chicago alderman wants to kill Chick-fil-A's plans to build a restaurant in his increasingly trendy Northwest Side ward because the fast-food chain's top executive vocally opposes gay marriage.Ald.Proco "Joe" Moreno announced this week that he will block Chick-fil-A's effort to build its second Chicago store, which would be in the Logan Square neighborhood, following company President Dan Cathy's remarks last week that he was "guilty as charged" for supporting the biblical definition of marriage as between a man and woman.

I dig me some of the Chick. Pretty good chicken sammich, IMO. And the waffle fries are yummy as well.They have been closed on Sundays, like since forever. Sucks, because it's usually on a Sunday that I crave a sammich. But I respect their right to run their business in the manner they choose.And they don't endorse gay marriage. Shocker, considering they are willing to take a loss on millions each week not to be open on Sundays.If you don't like that they stand for, it's your choice as a consumer to spend your $$$ down the street at Churches or KFC. For Chicago to tell a company it can't open doors in your city because you don't like their politics is just plain wrong, IMO.

"Chick-fil-A values are not Chicago values," the mayor said

*snork* Says the gang and murder capitol, sounds like values of any sort are needed there.And it's not just Chicago, the Chick is taking heat all over the country from the left. The Henson Muppet characters have pulled their toys from the Chick's kids meals.https://www.chicagot...,0,929023.story

#2 Tim the Enchanter

Tim the Enchanter

He Who Loves Pubic Flounces

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1648 posts
  • LocationClimbin' in your windows, snatchin your people up.

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:27 AM

And it's not just Chicago, the Chick is taking heat all over the country from the left. The Henson Muppet characters have pulled their toys from the Chick's kids meals.

Good.

#3 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

Comptroller of le Shartes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14572 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:28 AM

I don't agree what they stand for at all. Its good thing their food sucks and is overpriced so not giving them my money wasn't such a issue for me.

Edited by BlKtRe, 25 July 2012 - 09:28 AM.

#4 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Comptroller of BigAssMan

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43571 posts
  • Locationen route

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:28 AM

It's Chik-fil-A, not Adam-fil-Steve!

#5 Tim the Enchanter

Tim the Enchanter

He Who Loves Pubic Flounces

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1648 posts
  • LocationClimbin' in your windows, snatchin your people up.

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:31 AM

I heard a guy doing standup once who said, "Whoever said, 'It was Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve,' clearly didn't know any gay men. We all know it would have been Adam and Steven."

#6 *_Guest_repeew_*

*_Guest_repeew_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:32 AM

I'll be boycotting Chic Fil A. I'll be damned if I give them another dollar.

#7 Mexas Joe

Mexas Joe

Obama Thanker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20578 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:32 AM

I don't agree what they stand for at all. Its good thing their food sucks and is overpriced so not giving them my money wasn't such a issue for me.

But they are open about their beliefs, so you don't have to purchase from a company you don't agree with.So nobody likes their sammich?

#8 Trub L

Trub L

Hooked on a Feelin

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105049 posts
  • LocationIn the Middle

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:33 AM

:rolf:But seriously, not good chicken. The whole "they hate gays" thing is pretty silly, and just relies on a combination of public apathy and straight guilt. :D

#9 Trub L

Trub L

Hooked on a Feelin

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105049 posts
  • LocationIn the Middle

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:33 AM

I'll be boycotting Chic Fil A. I'll be fat if I give them another dollar.

Nutritional considerations are definitely important.

#10 Mexas Joe

Mexas Joe

Obama Thanker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20578 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:34 AM

I'll be boycotting Chic Fil A. I'll be damned if I give them another dollar.

How's the left's boycott of Wally World working out? Really has put the screws to them, huh.

#11 Mynameisluka

Mynameisluka

Comptroller of Brownies

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22741 posts

But they are open about their beliefs, so you don't have to purchase from a company you don't agree with.So nobody likes their sammich?

as far as fast food goes, it's alright. i'll eat that before i eat most other fast food places.

#12 *_Guest_repeew_*

*_Guest_repeew_*
  • Guests

Nutritional considerations are definitely important.

I'll also be boycotting Trub Lou.

#13 awall

awall

Comptroller of Being a Cool Dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10384 posts
  • LocationRowley

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:37 AM

i'm glad the muppets have withdrawn from any business dealings, that's well within their rights. i think it's total BS for any elected official to say that they won't let a business open in their city because of a belief system, if people don't want to support the business, i think that's great, but the govt has no business getting involved.

#14 *_Guest_repeew_*

*_Guest_repeew_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:39 AM

How's the left's boycott of Wally World working out? Really has put the screws to them, huh.

Personally, I don't care if the company notices or feels it or not. Ill do what my conscience says is right. (on this matter anyway :D )I can't possibly boycott everything that doesn't coincide with my beliefs but I'll damn well try. Fast food is easy boycott - 50 other options await...

Edited by weeperow, 25 July 2012 - 09:39 AM.

#15 Sidney Porter

Sidney Porter

Comptroller of the Banninated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21592 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:40 AM

zaxby's is better although it is hard for me to describe why.

#16 Trub L

Trub L

Hooked on a Feelin

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105049 posts
  • LocationIn the Middle

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:41 AM

I'll also be boycotting Trub Lou.

So, you might say you wish you could quit *me*?

#17 Mexas Joe

Mexas Joe

Obama Thanker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20578 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:41 AM

i'm glad the muppets have withdrawn from any business dealings, that's well within their rights. i think it's total BS for any elected official to say that they won't let a business open in their city because of a belief system, if people don't want to support the business, i think that's great, but the govt has no business getting involved.

Ding. Ding. This.

#18 davelew

davelew

Comptroller of ACMSO That Are Not Beans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13397 posts
  • LocationReading, Massachusetts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:43 AM

The same thing is happening in Boston. The largest (and extremely liberal) local newspaper, The Boston Globe, just had an editorial today saying that the mayor shouldn't be able to block them:https://bostonglobe....72EN/story.html

#19 *_Guest_repeew_*

*_Guest_repeew_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:43 AM

So, you might say you wish you could quit *me*?

I just did quit you. Right there. Above ^^^ See it?

#20 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

Comptroller of le Shartes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14572 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:44 AM

Not a fan of their food. Their stance on gays plus using a dairy cow as a marketing strategy against the beef industry proves how stupid they really are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users