#1 inv

inv

Not Invalid

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12304 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:26 PM

So I doubt anyone but a couple here has ever heard of Skatopia. It's a very large piece of land this guy bought in the middle of nowhere and turned it into a huge private skatepark. It REALLY is in the middle of nowhere in Ohio near its Kentucky border. I guess that's what you call it: private skate colective? . It isn't really private beyond the fact that it's on private property and a lot of people are constantly building/tearing down, getting cash collected or some companies to help fund massive projects. In short, the guy managed to constantly create an every changing collection of things to skate. What it has created is an anarchistic compound that hosts one of the biggest parties of the year. I would sum it up as basically this messed up version of Woodstock. Anarchy, skating, lots of music with drinks/drugs turn it into something that's really hard to describe unless you witness it firsthand. Why am I bringing any of this up? Because I was thinking about this year's Skatopia and stumbled on a Youtube video of MTV's True Life: I'm Going to Skatopia. It's funny because they grab some people that go to it every year thinking "yeah, this is for me" only to find out that it really, really is not. When you see this happen in any situation, well it's funny. When you see it happen with an MTV polish it's friggin amazing.So here is a preppy guy from Florida who wants to be a pro skater (despite his best trick apparently being a no-comply + bailing), a punk band from North Carolina that one to live there (LOL), and a girl who teaches girls to skate go. I'll embed the first of the 6 parts and provide a link so you can jump to the others. Even if you don't like skating or punk rock... I recommend you watch this trainwreckhttps://youtu.be/1Vou43wtFNc

Edited by invalid, 16 June 2012 - 02:27 PM.

#2 inv

inv

Not Invalid

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12304 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:30 PM

lol and here's a video of my friends getting attacked by a drink chick there after she wrecked into another car and they laughed. She then hits another car. They laugh some more.https://youtu.be/IALvx-DNpG0

#3 *_Guest_repeew_*

*_Guest_repeew_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:53 PM

Wow... pretty messed upWhat a nerd I am after reading your first sentence thinking, "sure, know what Ska music is!"

#4 DieselGopher

DieselGopher

Executive Director of Whatnot and what not

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11934 posts
  • Locationhanging around

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:04 PM

I'm interested in watching the train wreck. Post teh link yo.

Edited by DieselGopher, 16 June 2012 - 03:04 PM.

#5 inv

inv

Not Invalid

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12304 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:06 PM

edit - it keeps fixing the link into a video loljust click the Youtube part of the first video

Edited by invalid, 16 June 2012 - 03:08 PM.

#6 phalanxausage

phalanxausage

Atomic Chef! and Full-Time Francophile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3164 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:40 AM

My band played the year the MTV crew was out there. It was a friggin' blast.

#7 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16222 posts
  • LocationPalmer, MA

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:35 AM

What a nerd I am after reading your first sentence thinking, "sure, know what Ska music is!"

You and me both!

#8 Murphy

Murphy

No Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14017 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:12 AM

trainwreck is an understatement, and I'm only thru the first 3 parts.

#9 DieselGopher

DieselGopher

Executive Director of Whatnot and what not

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11934 posts
  • Locationhanging around

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:35 AM

trainwreck is an understatement, and I'm only thru the first 3 parts.

I made it through all of them last night before nodding off. "Interesting" would be my best descriptor. I'm no snob, but I don't think I would have enjoyed a stay there. Kind of a dump, and full of real 'all stars'. How the heck do they deal with the liability?!?

#10 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34026 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:55 AM

Florida dude made a wise choice. He sucked, was a tool, and scared shitless. Not good qualities for what amounts now to being a professional dare devil with the types of training and moves they pull off now a days.Skate girl was awesome, very cool. She made the FL guy look like a ####.Drummer dude is "that guy". I hate that guy at parties. Hold your shit and don't #### up your band mates dumb ass. He earned that cigarette to the forehead for being a complete douche. Also, you (to dumb ass drummer boy) are not oppressed you whiny little prick. You are the only one that oppresses you.I would never go to something like that. I've hung out with too many people like the people there and I don't want to be around that crowd anymore. I certainly wouldn't bring my hot ass girlfriend either.

Edited by SchwanzBrewer, 18 June 2012 - 10:55 AM.

#11 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

Comptroller of Complaints and Unruly Clients

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17555 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:45 PM

"Little Drummer Boy" is a whiney bioch."No one here likes us".It's more like, "no one here pays attention to you."

#12 inv

inv

Not Invalid

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12304 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:14 PM

I made it through all of them last night before nodding off. "Interesting" would be my best descriptor. I'm no snob, but I don't think I would have enjoyed a stay there. Kind of a dump, and full of real 'all stars'. How the heck do they deal with the liability?!?

lol go back to Florida

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: honey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users