#1 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64136 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:13 PM

I have a good chunk of base malt in stock, but I'm looking to get some smaller quantities (3-5 lbs) of the more commonly used specialty grains. Is there someplace you all like to get your specialty grains?

#2 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68761 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:41 PM

I have a good chunk of base malt in stock, but I'm looking to get some smaller quantities (3-5 lbs) of the more commonly used specialty grains. Is there someplace you all like to get your specialty grains?

I usually get mine from B3. If you get up to $50 the shipping is gratis.

#3 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:49 PM

I get a lot of stuff from midwest, actually, thanks for reminding me to place an order.

#4 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:39 AM

I usually get mine from B3. If you get up to $50 the shipping is gratis.

+1. With free shipping if you meet the purchase requirement and the fact that their prices are cheaper than LHBS. You can't beat that route.

#5 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18076 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:42 AM

I get mine from Northern Brewer. Shipping is a base 7.99 and i have got over 150# shipped for that. Good selection too.

#6 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:18 AM

I've always liked Austin HB but B3 prices are probably better if you can get the free shipping. I find Austin has a better selection though.

#7 Brewmasters Warehouse

Brewmasters Warehouse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:07 AM

A totally shameless plug for myself. 6.99 flat rate shipping. I have shipped over 300 lbs of grain for $6.99. Our prices are very good on grain as well.

#8 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

Comptroller of Complaints and Unruly Clients

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21381 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:02 AM

Too bad I live in GA and you can't sell to me.I signed the petition.

#9 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64136 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:24 AM

A totally shameless plug for myself. 6.99 flat rate shipping. I have shipped over 300 lbs of grain for $6.99. Our prices are very good on grain as well.

Yes, your prices are good. Do you carry PBW?

#10 Brewmasters Warehouse

Brewmasters Warehouse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:56 AM

Yes, your prices are good. Do you carry PBW?

Of course I do. Thanks for asking.Ed

#11 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64136 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:09 AM

Of course I do. Thanks for asking.Ed

Oops, I was looking under Equipment>Cleaning & Sanitizers, not Kegging>Cleaning & Accessories.

#12 Brewmasters Warehouse

Brewmasters Warehouse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:32 AM

Oops, I was looking under Equipment>Cleaning & Sanitizers, not Kegging>Cleaning & Accessories.

I understand. Under the current site I am only able to place it in 1 category, but with the updates that are getting ready to launch I will be able to put PBW in both places. I am happy that you asked, since I know that PBW is in the kegging category only for right now.

#13 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:56 AM

I've always liked Austin HB but B3 prices are probably better if you can get the free shipping. I find Austin has a better selection though.

Austin also has flat rate shipping... assuming you don't want to spend $50 on product... then B3. It would be pretty easy to do a side by side comparison of weight and total cost to figure out which is best. I just go to my LHBS, who seems to have pretty good rates too, and he just went on-line. If you google "The Good Brewer, Livermore, CA" his site will come up.

#14 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:42 PM

Last year when I made my initial purchase of speciality grains I sat down and compared B3, Austin, Midwest and my LHBS. I factored in shipping for each one and B3 came in the lowest. Shipping can easily throw the price up as well. The LHBS here has most speciality grains for $2/lb which I think is steep but I have been doing that for the last few months as well. Its time for a stock up here as well.

#15 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64136 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:50 PM

Last year when I made my initial purchase of speciality grains I sat down and compared B3, Austin, Midwest and my LHBS. I factored in shipping for each one and B3 came in the lowest. Shipping can easily throw the price up as well. The LHBS here has most speciality grains for $2/lb which I think is steep but I have been doing that for the last few months as well. Its time for a stock up here as well.

Check out Brewmasters Warehouse. The prices are lower, on average, than B3 (at least for the stuff I looked at). I think I'm going to place on order there coming up pretty soon.

#16 Brewmasters Warehouse

Brewmasters Warehouse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:52 PM

Please give us a look. We do not have any grains that are $2 a pound, and our shipping, while not free, is flat rate at $6.99. I can guarantee that our customer service is top notch.Ed

#17 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:00 PM

Please give us a look. We do not have any grains that are $2 a pound, and our shipping, while not free, is flat rate at $6.99. I can guarantee that our customer service is top notch.Ed

Thanks Ed. I never realized that your forum name was the name of your business as well. I would be more than happy to do that. Flat rate shipping is great and that price works well. I will check it out and let you know. Thanks for the heads up!!Mike

#18 ChicagoWaterGuy

ChicagoWaterGuy

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3234 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:02 PM

Ordered from Brewer's warehouse this morning. Their prices were as low as anyones and $6.99 shipping. I ordered 40# of grain and some other items (I like that the ice packs for yeast are only $1) You do need to send them an email if you do not want your grains crushed. The order was shipped this afternoon. I'll let you know how everything looks when it arrives.

#19 Brewmasters Warehouse

Brewmasters Warehouse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:14 PM

You do need to send them an email if you do not want your grains crushed.

Once the site updates get finished you will no longer have to send an email it will be intergrated into the shopping cart.Slightly off topic but here is a list of things in the update that I have been mentioning.Changes/Updates that are planned:1) The Brew Builder interface is completely redone to make entering a recipe much faster and easier. (I have played with it and I can enter a recipe faster in the new BB than I can in Beersmith)2) All recipes can be shared in a public recipe database. You can add a name to the recipe and a brewers notes section to add things like mash temp, and other ingredients that we do not carry.3) You will have a recipe book under your account that will have all of your recipes that you have created.4) You can open any recipe in the recipe database and buy it as is, or make changes to it and save it as your own.5) You will be able to upload a logo of your brewery that will be displayed with every recipe that you have saved in the public database.6) You can save any recipe, not just ones that you buy.7) You can enter a complete recipe, and then purchase only components of the recipe. You do not have to purchase the entire recipe.8) There is will be an option for USPS shipping to Hawaii/Alaska and Canada.9) The search engine has be reworked to function better.10) Checkout has been reworked to include a special instruction text area, as well as a crushed grain option.11) Easy addition of ice packs, bottle caps, and priming sugar when purchasing a Brew Builder recipe.12) Will will be able to give rating and reviews for every product on the site including recipes in the database.13) There will be a "Hall of Fame" icon for recipes that have been purchased a lot and have a lot of positive reviews. Bee Cave Brewery Haus Pale Ale will be the first offical inductee.14) You can drill down the recipe database by style and type (all grain, extract, PM). To find something you would like.

#20 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:16 PM

Ordered from Brewer's warehouse this morning. Their prices were as low as anyones and $6.99 shipping. I ordered 40# of grain and some other items (I like that the ice packs for yeast are only $1) You do need to send them an email if you do not want your grains crushed. The order was shipped this afternoon. I'll let you know how everything looks when it arrives.

Same day shipping. Nice yes I was just looking at the site. BW yes you do have good prices and many grains I need and wanna get. I will plan an order myself as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users