#1 Jdtirado

Jdtirado

Comptroller of Betties & Crocs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2162 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:07 AM

I find that I get bored with chicken breasts pretty darn quick, but this recipe is a huge hit with me and pretty easy to make. My wife loves this and is always asking me to make it again.
  • 1 cup of low fat ricotta cheese
  • Small handful of baby spinach, chopped
  • Small handful of grape tomatoes, diced (remove the seeds if possible)
  • 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
  • 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
  • 1 clove of garlic, minced
  • Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
  • Dash of oregano
  • 2 chicken breasts
  • Italian seasoned panko crumbs
  • 2 tsp olive oil
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.Combine the ricotta, spinach, tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, basil, garlic, sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Mix until thoroughly combined.Rinse the chicken breasts then cut a long horizontal slit along the center of the thin long edge of the chicken breast, nearly through to the other side. Fill the cavity of the chicken breast with the ricotta mixture. Season each side of the chicken with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Carefully dip the chicken breasts in the panko crumbs until both sides are evenly covered. Close the slit together with toothpicks.Heat the olive oil in an OVEN PROOF skillet on the stove over medium high heat. Once the pan is hot, place the chicken in the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown, flip the chicken over and place the skillet into the oven. Cook for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Let the meat rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Enjoy.

#2 Murphy

Murphy

No Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14017 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:46 AM

we do a panko chicken breast at home as well but we put dijon mustard into the dredging liquid so it ends up being a mustard/panko chicken breast and like your recipe it's easy and quite tasty.

#3 Jdtirado

Jdtirado

Comptroller of Betties & Crocs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2162 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:23 AM

we do a panko chicken breast at home as well but we put dijon mustard into the dredging liquid so it ends up being a mustard/panko chicken breast and like your recipe it's easy and quite tasty.

Best chicken breast that I have ever had. Check how it looks online: https://www.forthelo...uffed-with.html

#4 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49859 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:31 AM

Wow that does look really good!

#5 *_Guest_repeew_*

*_Guest_repeew_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:35 AM

Im late to the Panko party, but I LOVE it. We bake instead of fry in most cases, and Panko makes all the difference. this recipe looks great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users