#1 AspenLeif

AspenLeif

Comptroller of Gingerliness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28136 posts
  • LocationAspen, CO

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

How come when people edit their posts....sometimes it has this tag "Edited by miccullen, Today, 08:46 PM." And other times there is not tag when the edit? The only reason I would know that their post has been edited is they stick a ETA: in front of their addition to the post.MB

Edited by BigBossMan, 17 April 2012 - 05:59 PM.
SEE?

#2 Iraq Lobstah

Iraq Lobstah

Comptroller of King Richard V

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43053 posts
  • LocationCamarillo, CA

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

cuz maybe they didn't do an ETA? Maybe?

Edited by MaryEffingPoppins, 17 April 2012 - 05:55 PM.

#3 *_Guest_BigBossMan_*

*_Guest_BigBossMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

How come when people edit their posts....sometimes it has this tag "Edited by miccullen, Today, 08:46 PM." And other times there is not tag when the edit? The only reason I would know that their post has been edited is they stick a ETA: in front of their addition to the post.MB

I dunno about the others, but it never shows an edit by a Mod or Admin unless we check off a box.

#4 AspenLeif

AspenLeif

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28136 posts
  • LocationAspen, CO

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

I dunno about the others, but it never shows an edit by a Mod or Admin unless we check off a box.

I knew that....the ones I see are just us common folk.And maybe you are right MEP, I dunno. Why would you type ETA: if you never posted the post though? You aren't really editing it....you are just changing it before you initially post it. I'll see if I can dig up an example.MB

#5 pods8

pods8

Grand Duke of Near Misses

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28428 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

"Members" have certain window to edit before they no longer can and it doesn't show that you edited it. Patrons can edit all the time and it shows when then do. I'll edit my posts if I notice typos and such right after posting and bothered to reread it.

#6 AspenLeif

AspenLeif

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28136 posts
  • LocationAspen, CO

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

Example.https://www.brews-br...d/#entry1008728MB

#7 AspenLeif

AspenLeif

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28136 posts
  • LocationAspen, CO

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

Another one.https://www.brews-br...t/#entry1007091MB

#8 porter

porter

Comptroller of Affairs with Potatoes

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19045 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

"Members" have certain window to edit before they no longer can and it doesn't show that you edited it. Patrons can edit all the time and it shows when then do. I'll edit my posts if I notice typos and such right after posting and bothered to reread it.

I noticed this recently, after I finally got around to paying my dues. Seems backward....wouldn't the "premium" option include being able to edit without everyone knowing you did so? I edit a lot of my posts; usually just for grammatical or spelling errors.

Edited by porter, 17 April 2012 - 09:49 PM.

#9 pods8

pods8

Grand Duke of Near Misses

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28428 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:04 AM

I noticed this recently, after I finally got around to paying my dues. Seems backward....wouldn't the "premium" option include being able to edit without everyone knowing you did so? I edit a lot of my posts; usually just for grammatical or spelling errors.

You only have a couple minutes to edit.

#10 AspenLeif

AspenLeif

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28136 posts
  • LocationAspen, CO

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:36 AM

Post #44. https://www.brews-br...40#entry1074708MB

#11 AspenLeif

AspenLeif

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28136 posts
  • LocationAspen, CO

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:45 PM

What about it Mainely? Both members and patrons should have that line show up on edited posts.

It wasn't there originally. It seems to be now...MB

#12 AspenLeif

AspenLeif

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28136 posts
  • LocationAspen, CO

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:28 AM

I don't get what you're asking.

I wasn't asking anything. Just pointing out that in some cases, the "Edited by XXXX person, Today, 08:46 PM" tag does not always show up when they edit a post. The only reason I know they have edited the post is they put a 'ETA:' or 'Edit:' blah, blah, blah... as the last line of their post. The one I linked to the other day had the ETA: tag the author put in, but did not have the board generated edit tag. When I went back and looked at the post I linked and you commented on....the board generated edit tag was there.So in other words, it seems to be working fine...just was a delay in posting the board generated tag for whatever reason, and I saw it in between those times.MB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users