#1 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

Comptroller of C-Blocking and Wet Streak Marks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 74376 posts
  • LocationRedneckistan

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:30 AM

I'm not wanting to debate about whether its right or wrong, constitutional or not. I'm just tryin to reconcile something in my own head.A woman has the right to choose, her body/her uterus/etc. the father has no legal say in the matter, correct?if the man has no say in the matter and disagrees with the woman's decision to not abort, why is he financially liable for something he has no choice in when the woman clearly does have that choice and can thrust that financial responsibility upon him (possibly in spite of him)? yes, I know what the law currently says and about dead beat dad laws, etc. like I said, I'm trying to reconcile to the two sides of this argument for myself, not for some grand scheme of constitutionality etc. for personal benefit only.present your case, convince me one way or the other. please keep it civil

#2 Mynameisluka

Mynameisluka

Comptroller of Brownies

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24770 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:32 AM

interesting. my wife and i were porch drinking the other night discussing this very topic. i dunno the answer, other than dad's have nowhere near the rights as mom's do, in so many aspects of the child equation. i guess it's like that because women have the power of the uterus. that's all i have.

#3 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 74376 posts
  • LocationRedneckistan

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:33 AM

interesting. my wife and i were porch drinking the other night discussing this very topic. i dunno the answer, other than dad's have nowhere near the rights as mom's do, in so many aspects of the child equation. i guess it's like that because women have the power of the uterus. that's all i have.

well, a man would not be a dad yet, no? well, at least until after the 2nd trimester.

#4 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39217 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:36 AM

Yes, a man gives up the right to choose at ejaculation. After that the power is totally in the woman's hands to either abort a child against his will, or to have it against his will and therefore saddle him with financial responsibility for 18-24 years.That's just he way it is.

#5 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 74376 posts
  • LocationRedneckistan

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:39 AM

Yes, a man gives up the right to choose at ejaculation. After that the power is totally in the woman's hands to either abort a child against his will, or to have it against his will and therefore saddle him with financial responsibility for 18-24 years.That's just he way it is.

ya, I get that's the way it is, like I said, just trying to reconcile how that is the way it should be/what is right vs current reality.

#6 Mynameisluka

Mynameisluka

Comptroller of Brownies

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24770 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:42 AM

for me, i think the biggest benefit of having the system the way it is is to discourage guys from planting their seed in every loose hoe in town and avoid taking any responsibility for it. obviously, the system isn't perfect, but i do think it helps in that regard.

#7 CarlosM

CarlosM

SeƱor Joykill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12344 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:43 AM

easily solution, WRAP THAT SHIT UP.

#8 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 74376 posts
  • LocationRedneckistan

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:50 AM

easily solution, WRAP THAT SHIT UP.

condoms are only like 75-80% effective yo. even pills are ~only~ 97% effective.

#9 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Comptroller of BigAssMan

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43602 posts
  • Locationen route

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:52 AM

even pills are ~only~ 97% effective.

Meet my two sons. <_<*ETA* I love them both to death, but their conception was completely unplanned both times.

#10 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 74376 posts
  • LocationRedneckistan

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

Meet my two sons. <_<*ETA* I love them both to death, but their conception was completely unplanned both times.

ya, my daughter was unplanned, but not because of protection. wifey and I were using what we affectionately refer to as "premeditated carelessness". we weren't lookin to get preggers but weren't exactly preventing it either since it took so long the first time to get pregger

#11 *_Guest_repeew_*

*_Guest_repeew_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:02 AM

When the man chooses to have sex, he is taking a risk at creating that child.Trust no woman. Trust no Birth control.Sex = possible creation of human, every time :)

#12 Mynameisluka

Mynameisluka

Comptroller of Brownies

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24770 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:04 AM

When the man chooses to have sex, he is taking a risk at creating that child.Trust no woman. Trust no Birth control.Sex = possible creation of human, every time :)

yeah, that's about how i see it.

#13 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Comptroller of BigAssMan

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43602 posts
  • Locationen route

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:04 AM

Trust no woman.

Trust us all, we know.

#14 BlackBeerd

BlackBeerd

Comptroller of Stain's Junk Posting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts
  • LocationA Drunken Stupor

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:05 AM

for me, i think the biggest benefit of having the system the way it is is to discourage guys from planting their seed in every loose hoe in town and avoid taking any responsibility for it. obviously, the system isn't perfect, but i do think it helps in that regard.

I'm not seeing how giving her the power only and not allowing him to be part of the decision keeps them from planting their seeds all over town. IMHO, the baby is the equal responsibility of both parents.

#15 Mynameisluka

Mynameisluka

Comptroller of Brownies

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24770 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:05 AM

Trust us all, we know.

:rolf:

#16 Mynameisluka

Mynameisluka

Comptroller of Brownies

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24770 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:06 AM

I'm not seeing how giving her the power only and not allowing him to be part of the decision keeps them from planting their seeds all over town.IMHO, the baby is the equal responsibility of both parents.

if you allowed the man to simply opt out of financial support (which is what it's really about), there wouldn't be much discouragement for planting your seed all over town.

#17 BlackBeerd

BlackBeerd

Comptroller of Stain's Junk Posting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts
  • LocationA Drunken Stupor

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:07 AM

Not trying to side track this thread but the same can be said for women too.

#18 *_Guest_repeew_*

*_Guest_repeew_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:09 AM

Absolutely agree!

#19 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 74376 posts
  • LocationRedneckistan

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:12 AM

that's not a sidetrack, I consider it integral to the discussion. both parents made the baby, one has all the power. that is really at the heart of this. the financial part is almost secondary in that the decision to keep a baby resides solely on the mom. but the dad is responsible for mom's decision.

#20 toonces

toonces

Methuselah

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28859 posts
  • Locationthe atomic city

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:12 AM

https://www.livestro...ights-abortion/

As the sperm donor for a fertilized embryo, you have the legal right to prevent becoming a father against your will. But with regard to a fetus developing inside a women, you have no legal say over whether an abortion occurs or not. A variety of public interest advocacy groups have been formed to argue in favor of giving men a right in the abortion decision. The law is one-sided, they say, because a man can be forced to accept the legal obligations of paternity, but can't prevent a woman from aborting a baby when he wants it to be born. The law can change, and the debate rages on, with states like Ohio considering legislation that could potentially sidestep the Casey decision.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: politics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users