#2 bigdaddyale

bigdaddyale

Linkbot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9528 posts
  • LocationCurrent: New Homoco, Texas. Past : Lugner Island

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:26 PM

Stuffed Bell PeppersStuffed Bell PeppersFrom the Kitchen of: Yolanda Caccamo QuackenbushIngredients:* 4 Bell Pepper* 1 lb of lean ground Beef or Ground Turkey (I like Beef)* 1/2 cup of Uncle Ben's white Rice, this will make 2 cups of cooked rice. (I do not use minute rice. It does not have the same texture)* 1 1/3 cups of water* 1 TBSP of Olive Oil* 1/8 cup of chopped Fresh Italian Flat Leaf Parsley* 1 cup of Grated Cheese (I use a blend of Pecorino and Parmesan)* 2 Cloves of Garlic* 1 Onion* 4 cups of Sauce (I use a Tomato Basil Sauce)* Salt and Pepper to tasteProcedure:* Pre-heat oven to 375 Degrees* In a medium pot, add 1 1/3 cups of Water, 1/2 cup of Rice, and 1 TBSP of Olive Oil. Bring to a boil, lower heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes. Set aside.* Finely Chop an Onion and the Garlic Cloves* In a large frying pan, cook the Ground Beef with the Onion and Garlic until the meat is fully cooked*In a Mixing Bowl, put Meat mixture, Rice, Chopped Parsley, Grated Cheese, 6 TBSP of the Tomato Sauce, Salt and Pepper. Set Aside.* Cut the Tops of your Bell Peppers off and save. With your hand, clean out the inside of the Bell Peppers.* In a square Square Baking Dish or a Casserole dish big enough for 4 peppers, pour Sauce half way up the Dish.* Stuff the Peppers with the Mixture all the way to the top.* Place the peppers in the Baking dish and spoon some sauce over the top.* Put the top of the pepper back on the pepper (Optional, I eat the top too and it looks pretty)* Cover with Foil and bake for 1 hour* Take cover off and bake another 20 minutes or until the pepper is as cooked as you like it. (I like it soft)* When done, you can eat the whole thing your self or cut them in half!Enjoy!Published by Google Docs–Report Abuse–Updated automatically every 5 minutes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users