21 replies to this topic

#21 Geologist

Geologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:51 AM

I hope CJ is still here, he seemed a little put off in one of the discussions about the old place. I hope he is still here - he is a valuble resource..

He's still around, but incognito. But this week he's moving down to Numazu where he's starting his pro brewing position. He said he wouldn't have internet access for about a week. He's using his Ipod to check email and forums but it's a bit of the PIA to post from a little hand held, so don't expect him for another week or so. And when he gets back online he'll have shitload of emails and posts to tend to. But his time will be very limited since his only day off is Sunday. If I can find my copy of the JPA I'll post it here.

#22 Geologist

Geologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:02 AM

Ok, I dug up cj's most recent incarnation (Jan 2009) of the JPA and here's the all grain version. If you want pdf files I have the ones he posted over at the green board. Enjoy!JPAall-grain, 75% mashing efficiency, 1.062 OG, 62 IBUs, 11.67 SRMGrains4.1 kg Crisp Maris Otter (or any British pale malt)0.6 kg Weyermann Munich I (or an Munich malt)0.4 kg Weyermann Light Wheat (or any wheat malt)160 g Weyermann Carahell (or another light crystal/caramel ~10L)170 g Dingemans Caravienne (or another medium-light crystal/caramel ~25L)130 g Crisp Caramel 60 (or another medium crystal/caramel ~60L)140 g Dingemans Special B (or Weyermann Caraaroma)310 g Dingemans Aromatic (or Weyermann Melanoidin) Hops20 g Zeus (first wort hops) -- sub Simcoe, Chinook, Centennial11 g Zeus (60 min)30 g JPA Blend (15 min)32 g JPA Blend (10 min)35 g JPA Blend (5 min)80 g JPA Blend (end of boil -- steep for 15 min)* JPA Blend = 59 g each of Amarillo, Cascade, CentennialYeastBritish strain is best -- I used Wyeast 1026 British Cask Ale -- but an American strain like Wyeast 1056 American Ale or WLP001 California Ale is also goodMash in 16-19 liters of water @148-150F/64.5-65.5C for 60-90 minutes (more water, lower temperatures and longer mash = more fermentable wort).Boil for 80 min -- first 20 minutes just with first wort hops, then add 60-min hops and start timer.Use Whirlfloc or Irish moss to help with clarity.Yeast nutrients wouldn't hurt, especially if you want this a little dry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users