#1 miccullen

miccullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 67401 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:48 PM

https://news.yahoo.c...-071651492.htmldefaults on payment for 200,000 tons of riceImadinnerjacket called before Parliament

#2 BeerBomber

BeerBomber

Comptroller of Brined Cucumber Liplocks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7108 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:51 PM

Israel will take care of our light work.

#3 miccullen

miccullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 67401 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:53 PM

if they do, it could set off WW4 ala Sarajevo 1914

#4 MolBasser

MolBasser

Comptrolled by Seahawks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15351 posts
  • LocationChico, CA

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

The screws are tightening.Lord help us if Israel decides to eff it up with war.MolBasser

#5 BeerBomber

BeerBomber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7108 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:00 PM

I dunno. I don't see Iran doing anything daft. I do see Israel doing something daft. I don't think Obama will strike first, and he shouldn't.

#6 MolBasser

MolBasser

Comptrolled by Seahawks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15351 posts
  • LocationChico, CA

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:00 PM

Let the sanctions screw them.War sucks.MolBasser

#7 BeerBomber

BeerBomber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7108 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:02 PM

Let the sanctions screw them.War sucks.MolBasser

Totally agree.

#8 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8906 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:32 AM

The screws are tightening.Lord help us if Israel decides to eff it up with war.MolBasser

This...Iran is coming apart on its own. All we have to do is wait a bit.

#9 davelew

davelew

Comptroller of ACMSO That Are Not Beans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16183 posts
  • LocationReading, Massachusetts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:44 AM

This...Iran is coming apart on its own. All we have to do is wait a bit.

I have a few Iranian co-workers, and they're all pissed that Tunisia, Egypt and Libya have new governments, while Iran started the whole middle east facebook protest thing and still has their crappy old government.I'd say the Ayatollah's days are numbered, and the sooner he falls the better for everyone.

#10 bierboy

bierboy

Comptroller of Temporary Pancakes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14678 posts
  • LocationThe Firey Pits of Liberal Hell

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:51 AM

I would blame Iran more than Israel.

#11 Mynameisluka

Mynameisluka

Comptroller of Brownies

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24770 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:52 AM

I would blame Iran more than Israel.

:shock:

#12 Mynameisluka

Mynameisluka

Comptroller of Brownies

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24770 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:53 AM

im going to put my james bond 007 hat on for a minute.it would be slick if they built a nuke, and we managed to somehow remote detonate it...it would be even sweeter if we somehow did that while all the ayatollah's shahs and nutjobs were having some sort of ceremony around the bomb.i know. it could never happen. just a romantic idea.

#13 awall

awall

Comptroller of Being a Cool Dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10394 posts
  • LocationRowley

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:04 AM

you mean we can influence global politics without invading people?

#14 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34288 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:08 AM

A book I just read had some interesting notions about the middle east. Bascially it said that Sadams plan was to obtain WMD's (mainly chemical and biological) prior to the first gulf war so it could attack Israel while it occupied Kuwait and start a war. Once Israel was forced to retaliate it would solidify the arabic nations into jointly attacking Israel in jihad and destroying it. The US wouldn't be able to intervene without starting WW3. Fortunately Sadam wasn't able to get the weapons and the plot failed (this was fictional, but it makes sense).This could be a similar tactic by Iran. They press and press with the nuclear route until Israel is forced to protect itself. The other Arabic nations come to Irans defense. The US has too many interests to protect so it can't intervene without shooting itself in the foot. Obviously as seen in Libya, Europe isn't really in a position to take on a big war, especially if the US doesn't help. One thing that is a joker in all this is the arab spring. Many of the dictators that would have formally aided Iran when push came to shove, are now deposed or are severely handicapped. Cheers,Rich

#15 toonces

toonces

Methuselah

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28859 posts
  • Locationthe atomic city

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:21 AM

A book I just read had some interesting notions about the middle east. Bascially it said that Sadams plan was to obtain WMD's (mainly chemical and biological) prior to the first gulf war so it could attack Israel while it occupied Kuwait and start a war. Once Israel was forced to retaliate it would solidify the arabic nations into jointly attacking Israel in jihad and destroying it. The US wouldn't be able to intervene without starting WW3. Fortunately Sadam wasn't able to get the weapons and the plot failed (this was fictional, but it makes sense). This could be a similar tactic by Iran. They press and press with the nuclear route until Israel is forced to protect itself. The other Arabic nations come to Irans defense. The US has too many interests to protect so it can't intervene without shooting itself in the foot. Obviously as seen in Libya, Europe isn't really in a position to take on a big war, especially if the US doesn't help. One thing that is a joker in all this is the arab spring. Many of the dictators that would have formally aided Iran when push came to shove, are now deposed or are severely handicapped. Cheers, Rich

ummm. saddam had chemical wmd's. we gave them to him(you may recall the pictures of him with our former vice president). he used them on the kurds and a few on the iranians at the border. there's not been any evidence that he had bio wmd. but, he may have been trying to develop that capability. any evidence i've seen for obtaining a nuke program is sketchy at best, although most hardliners here would strongly disagree. there's some evidence that he was trying to make a 'super cannon' and point it at israel.

#16 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34288 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:23 AM

ummm. saddam had chemical wmd's. we gave them to him(you may recall the pictures of him with our former vice president). he used them on the kurds and a few on the iranians at the border. there's not been any evidence that he had bio wmd. but, he may have been trying to develop that capability. any evidence i've seen for obtaining a nuke program is sketchy at best, although most hardliners here would strongly disagree. there's some evidence that he was trying to make a 'super cannon' and point it at israel.

Like I said it was fictional, but the premise for starting a war was there.

#17 japh

japh

Winner!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11414 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:06 AM

This could be a similar tactic by Iran. They press and press with the nuclear route until Israel is forced to protect itself. The other Arabic nations come to Irans defense.

Iran is Persian, not Arabic.

#18 toonces

toonces

Methuselah

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28859 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:11 AM

this. big time this. i've known a couple of iraqis that make that distinction.

#19 miccullen

miccullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 67401 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:13 AM

true, but it is Islamic

#20 toonces

toonces

Methuselah

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28859 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:18 AM

true, but it is Islamic

true. but, a much different 'flavor', if you will, of islam. and they don't much like each other.Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: politics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users