#21 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

Comptroller of C-Blocking and Wet Streak Marks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 74380 posts
  • LocationRedneckistan

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:08 AM

MoveOn was not a PAC for an individual candidate.

sure it wasn't. ;)

#22 Brownbeard

Brownbeard

Comptroller of Ilks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37543 posts
  • LocationCedar Rapids, Ia

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:12 AM

sure it wasn't. ;)

Well, do you have an investigation somewhere that suggests otherwise? I think moveon spread it's money around. And I am not defending Soros. Just saying what he did was different, because he couldn't do what this guy is doing, not that he wouldn't. In fact, he could be now.

#23 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 74380 posts
  • LocationRedneckistan

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:16 AM

Well, do you have an investigation somewhere that suggests otherwise? I think moveon spread it's money around. And I am not defending Soros. Just saying what he did was different, because he couldn't do what this guy is doing, not that he wouldn't. In fact, he could be now.

right. at the end of the day, the candidates/causes are being supported in very soft ways, its a problem not just on the right, but the left as well, they have all played the system and it all stinks to high heaven.as I've said before, cap individual donations at $5000, cut off PAC's and Corp dollars etc, nothing in this country is going to get better until the money train is cut off from big biz and the uber-rich

#24 Brownbeard

Brownbeard

Comptroller of Ilks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37543 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:20 AM

as I've said before, cap individual donations at $5000, cut off PAC's and Corp dollars etc, nothing in this country is going to get better until the money train is cut off from big biz and the uber-rich

Thanks to SCOTUS, it is moving in the opposite direction. The big business money is only getting more involved. The nation has been sold.

#25 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 74380 posts
  • LocationRedneckistan

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:21 AM

Thanks to SCOTUS, it is moving in the opposite direction. The big business money is only getting more involved. The nation has been sold.

in fact had been sold long before, now its just legal.

#26 Brownbeard

Brownbeard

Comptroller of Ilks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37543 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:23 AM

in fact had been sold long before, now its just legal.

Yep. They are rubbing our noses in it. The 99% had the wrong demands, but their premise was right.

#27 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 74380 posts
  • LocationRedneckistan

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:24 AM

Yep. They are rubbing our noses in it. The 99% had the wrong demands, but their premise was right.

I've said for a decade we're living in an oligarchy whether we want to admit it or not.

#28 brewguy

brewguy

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3673 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:34 AM

as I've said before, cap individual donations at $5000, cut off PAC's and Corp dollars etc, nothing in this country is going to get better until the money train is cut off from big biz and the uber-rich

This. I don't know how a cap would limit anyone's freedom of speach.

#29 Brownbeard

Brownbeard

Comptroller of Ilks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37543 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:42 AM

This. I don't know how a cap would limit anyone's freedom of speach.

It only limits your ability to buy favors.

#30 BlackBeerd

BlackBeerd

Comptroller of Stain's Junk Posting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts
  • LocationA Drunken Stupor

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:23 AM

Yeah, I saw that the other day and I'm still not finding where Obama is taking money form Hollywood or the recording industry.The article did say the WHITE HOUSE, (you know, where Obama works) would launch an investigation if a petition got enough signatures. Kinda schizophrenic to launch an investigation against yourself, don't you think?

Very excellent discription. 100% spot on.

#31 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

Comptroller of Complaints and Unruly Clients

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18554 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:31 AM

I still haven't seen where Obama is taking money from Hollywood.

#32 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 74380 posts
  • LocationRedneckistan

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:34 AM

have not high profile hollywood types attended his $50k per plate fundraisers?eta - I'm sure some have done that for repubs as well.

#33 Dave

Dave

Grammaraticus of Titty Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32459 posts
  • LocationLugnar Island

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:22 AM

You're kidding right?https://www.huffingt...s_n_919890.htmlhttps://thecaucus.bl...n-in-hollywood/https://abcnews.go.c...-campaign-cash/

Edited by Dave, 26 January 2012 - 10:24 AM.

#34 Brownbeard

Brownbeard

Comptroller of Ilks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37543 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:28 AM

You're kidding right?https://www.huffingt...s_n_919890.htmlhttps://thecaucus.bl...n-in-hollywood/https://abcnews.go.c...-campaign-cash/

From your first link

The donors listed above gave to one of Obama's two main campaign entities, the Obama For America (OFA) fund and the Obama Victory Fund (OVF). The OFA fund is a direct campaign account, and individual donations are limited to $2,500. The OVF is shared with the Democratic National Committee, and individuals are allowed to contribute much more -- a maximum of $35,800 each.Plenty of celebrities took this route: Ferrell, Paltrow, Clooney, Hanks, Smith, DeGeneres, Murphy, Taylor, Spielberg, Glazer, Katzenberg and Joyner all gave $35,800 to the OVF. Lynch and Pierce each gave $10,000.

From the OP article.

Adelson and his wife, Miriam, have pumped $10 million into a political action committee backing Gingrich that is run by the former House speaker's onetime aides. Campaign finance experts say the two $5 million contributions are among the largest known political donations in U.S. history.

See the difference?

#35 japh

japh

Winner!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11414 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:44 AM

Yeah, I saw that the other day and I'm still not finding where Obama is taking money form Hollywood or the recording industry.The article did say the WHITE HOUSE, (you know, where Obama works) would launch an investigation if a petition got enough signatures. Kinda schizophrenic to launch an investigation against yourself, don't you think?

No, if I have to have an investigation against me, I'd rather be the one in charge of it. Guaranteed to find me innocent that way :P

#36 al_bob

al_bob

Bamahout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11032 posts
  • LocationMidland, Texas USA

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:27 AM

The media knew of Adelson for a while. That's where Noot got his first 2 mil. to keep him going early on. Only problem is the 10 mil is only a drop in the bucket to what Mitt has going. He's chopping Noot right off at the knees right now in Florida, and it's only gonna get worse.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: politics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users