#1 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

Comptroller of Some Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:32 PM

I have made this recipe with a variety of different meats. Ground beef, shredded pork, turkey, etc But found I like the Chicken the best.Ingrediants:2-3 Skinless/boneless chicken breasts1 can green chilis1/2 pint sour creamJar of your favorite salsa (homemade/bigger is better)package of corn tortillas (has to be corn)8-10oz of favorite shredded cheese for mexican food (I prefer chedder or a monterey/chedder mix)Sliced black olives (optional)Sliced Jalenpeno (optional)Cook chicken til done, let rest for a few minutes. Shred/pull chicken into a bowl. (The next few ingrediants I usually eyeball and would depend on how you like your filling.) Add the can of chilis, two heaping spoonfuls of sour cream, 1/4 cup salsa, and a handful of cheese, and mix well.Wrap filling into corn tortillas. I use a 15x10 pyrex and usually come out with about 11 1/2 tortillas. Cover enchiladas with the rest of the jar of salsa then with the rest of the cheese. If I have them on hand I will top with black olive slices and jalepeno slices.Bake @ 350 for about 45 minutes until cheese is melted and sides are bubbling.*This actually works as a lower fat version too, just get light SC and 2% cheese.**I have made so many different variations with this, one of my other favorites is use shredded pork and pork green chili instead of the salsa. Great pork green chili is hard to come by if you're not in the southwest and seems to be a New Mexico/Colorado thing.

#2 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49859 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:35 PM

I would think that this would be a great use for legs and thighs too. Awesome recipe!

#3 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

Comptroller of Some Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:44 PM

I would think that this would be a great use for legs and thighs too. Awesome recipe!

it is. I use this recipe for leftovers of a rotisserie chicken or thanksgiving turkey leftovers. The key is the pulled/shred of the meat. I've always found it sub par when I've used a ground meat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users