#1 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49859 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:45 AM

I obviously take no claim to this recipe, but these are quite the popular item here, so I wanted to write one up. I left it really simple and bare bones, so as to leave room for your burning creative urges.Atomic Buffalo TurdsJalapenos (as many as you need)Bacon (one strip per pepper)Cream Cheese (enough to stuff peppers)Cut a small hole in the side of the peppers. It can be a slit or a triangle. Just don't make it too big that the filling will pour out upon cooking. Try and get out as many of the seeds and as much of the membrane out as possible if you are super sensitive to teh burn. Prepare your cream cheese by letting it soften. Add in whatever other cheeses you like as well as some chopped onion, moar bacon, sausage, chicken, chopped shrimp, crab, lobster, crayfish, herbs, spices, etc. and place in a food processor or mixer and whip it all together. Whip it real good! Next, scrape the stuffing out of the bowl with a rubber spatula into a pastry bag or into a sandwich or other appropriately sized zip lock-type bag with the corner cut off. Pipe the filling into the peppers. Take your bacon and wrap it around the peppers being sure to cover the hole for the filling. Use a toothpick or skewer to hold the bacon in place whilst cooking. Place them on the grill of your choice over medium heat (use your head here) or into a smoker. Some have even suggesting deep frying. If you are broken and have access to none of these ways of cooking, the oven will work as well. If you so desire, these peppers can be brushed with a sauce of your own design or even one that you purchased pre-made at the store. Just do yourself a favor and let the sauce caramelize on the outside. Once done. resist all urges to consume immediately, as they will be "atomic", hence destroying your mouth for a few days. Let them rest and then pull out the skewers. Your bacon should be crispy if done right. Best consumed alongside friends and family with copious quantities of beer, preferably good homebrew.

#2 realbeerguy

realbeerguy

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1974 posts
  • LocationBluffton, SC

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:17 PM

I cut the end off, cut lenthewise. That will allow you to regulate the heat by the amount of membrane and seeds left in. I find the chive & onion cream cheese works well and add some pulled pork or shrimp before wrapping with the bacon.

#3 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:51 AM

I stuff them as Doobah indicated. I have used both Chorizo and Spicy Italian Sausage. Only other modification is that I beat one egg into the cream cheese mixture to help keep things a bit firm.

#4 Quaffer

Quaffer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2310 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:52 AM

Cose made these for us a little while back, and they are the BOMB.

#5 CaptRon

CaptRon

Comptroller of jokes about violence against women

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31546 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:13 PM

I stuff them as Doobah indicated. I have used both Chorizo and Spicy Italian Sausage. Only other modification is that I beat one egg into the cream cheese mixture to help keep things a bit firm.

The egg is an interesting idea. I'll have to try that. I usually cook up a crumble/browned stick of chorizo, mix that with the cream cheese and a handfull of cheddar. I also mix in some dry spice rub in the cheese mixture, and dust the bacon with the spice rub too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users