3 replies to this topic

#1 Stains_not_here_man

Stains_not_here_man

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95556 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:43 PM

George's volunteer thread reminded me of a post I meant to make this morning but forgot.put political knee-jerk partisanship aside for a minute.... if you can. And give this an honest minute of thought.I've read a lot of articles/studies that claim to show that conservatives donate more of their income (as a percentage of total income) to charity than liberals do.I've seen it enough times that I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt....But somewhere (don't remember where) earlier I read an interesting point -- has anyone ever done a study about who donates more time?I haven't yet searched for such a study but if I was going to bet on it I'd bet that it's liberals who donate more time. i.e. I don't see a bunch of guys who think the homeless got there through their own faults spending hours at a soup kitchen....any thoughts?

#2 miccullen

miccullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 67401 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:46 PM

George's volunteer thread reminded me of a post I meant to make this morning but forgot.put political knee-jerk partisanship aside for a minute.... if you can. And give this an honest minute of thought.I've read a lot of articles/studies that claim to show that conservatives donate more of their income (as a percentage of total income) to charity than liberals do.I've seen it enough times that I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt....But somewhere (don't remember where) earlier I read an interesting point -- has anyone ever done a study about who donates more time?I haven't yet searched for such a study but if I was going to bet on it I'd bet that it's liberals who donate more time. i.e. I don't see a bunch of guys who think the homeless got there through their own faults spending hours at a soup kitchen....any thoughts?

good luck with that :(anyway, I tend to think myself that yes a typical "liberal" is more likely to lend their time to charitywhile a "conservative" is more likely to use the checkbook

#3 Thag

Thag

Comptroller of Nothing

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46451 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:50 PM

I think most liberals I have met do more talking about volunteering. Most real conservatives I know build their lives around church activities. Almost all of those activities involve volunteering time.

#4 miccullen

miccullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 67401 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:51 PM

I think most liberals I have met do more talking about volunteering. Most real conservatives I know build their lives around church activities. Almost all of those activities involve volunteering time.

I can see that as well

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: politics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users