30 replies to this topic

#1 brewhead

brewhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:02 PM

Dear AHA Registered Homebrew Club, The American Homebrewers Association is assisting an Auburn University study on homebrewing as a "Serious Leisure Pursuit" in the United States. We would appreciate it if you could forward this message on to your fellow homebrew club members. In the interest of getting the most representative and reliable the data we can, we encourage as many homebrewers as possible to participate in the study by filling out a brief survey. Please read this informational letter pertaining to the research and if you agree to participate, you can click through to the anonymous online survey. Your participation is entirely voluntary. Total time commitment is approximately 15 minutes and there are no known risks associated with participating in this study. The survey delivery software will not collect email or IP addresses and/or any other identification markers. The survey site will remain open through April 30 though we would greatly appreciate it if you could complete the survey in a timely manner. Please feel free to forward this message on to any other homebrewers you know. Thank you for supporting this study.Gary Glass

#2 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68759 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:14 PM

Dear AHA Registered Homebrew Club, The American Homebrewers Association is assisting an Auburn University study on homebrewing as a "Serious Leisure Pursuit" in the United States. We would appreciate it if you could forward this message on to your fellow homebrew club members. In the interest of getting the most representative and reliable the data we can, we encourage as many homebrewers as possible to participate in the study by filling out a brief survey. Please read this informational letter pertaining to the research and if you agree to participate, you can click through to the anonymous online survey. Your participation is entirely voluntary. Total time commitment is approximately 15 minutes and there are no known risks associated with participating in this study. The survey delivery software will not collect email or IP addresses and/or any other identification markers. The survey site will remain open through April 30 though we would greatly appreciate it if you could complete the survey in a timely manner. Please feel free to forward this message on to any other homebrewers you know. Thank you for supporting this study.Gary Glass

that's a good link BrewAs an aside, does anyone find it ironic that this study is being conducted by a University in a state where homebrewing is technically illegal? Is that the reason behind it being done by Auburn to get an outside of Alabama snpshot of Homebrewing?

#3 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:24 PM

Just completed it, only took a few minutes. A few questions will make you laugh out loud too.

#4 brewhead

brewhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:25 PM

Just completed it, only took a few minutes. A few questions will make you laugh out loud too.

yea some of them were repetitive and some were just a little on the outside but hey if you are not a part of the crew what do you really know

#5 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:31 PM

Took the Survey. Good point too see if it has any impact on homebrewing in Bama. Good questions though still too.

#6 realbeerguy

realbeerguy

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1974 posts
  • LocationBluffton, SC

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:38 PM

"And the Survey says............" (in his best Richard Dawson accent)Took it today, would like to see the results.

#7 *_Guest_sdeweese_*

*_Guest_sdeweese_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:53 PM

Done. Wondering where they established their test validity to decide upon the survey items in a dry homebrewing state-or are we the pre cross validating group?

#8 *_Guest_sdeweese_*

*_Guest_sdeweese_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:57 PM

yea some of them were repetitive and some were just a little on the outside but hey if you are not a part of the crew what do you really know

The repetitive questions determine the reliability of the survey. Is the same question answered similarly if asked in a different way? Just like when two cops ask me about what happened last night in a different way.

#9 BeerMaker

BeerMaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:18 PM

The repetitive questions determine the reliability of the survey. Is the same question answered similarly if asked in a different way? Just like when two cops ask me about what happened last night in a different way.

+1Almost felt like I was filling out a job application that uses the same type of questioning to determine the truth of your answers...

#10 nitroglycerin11

nitroglycerin11

Comptroller of Bulgaria

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:19 PM

homebrewing physically restores me.glad to find all of you guys again.

#11 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68759 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:29 PM

Homebrewing makes me physically fit

#12 Dave in Indiana

Dave in Indiana

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5989 posts
  • Locationa bustle in your hedgerow

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:16 PM

homebrewing completes me

#13 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:29 AM

Homebrewing makes me physically fit

Unfortunately the end product def works against that :sarcasm:

#14 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

Comptroller of Complaints and Unruly Clients

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21378 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:29 AM

I got that yesterday too. I took it.I know a couple of the guys from Auburn Home Brew Club are professors at Auburn and are very active in getting home brewing legalized in Alabama. I don't think it passed this year either.It would be nice for it to pass and someone setup a LHBS closer to me.

#15 JoshLikesBeer

JoshLikesBeer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:19 AM

that's a good link BrewAs an aside, does anyone find it ironic that this study is being conducted by a University in a state where homebrewing is technically illegal? Is that the reason behind it being done by Auburn to get an outside of Alabama snpshot of Homebrewing?

Going by who's conducting the survey and the questions on it, I'm guessing that they want to show the Alabama legislature hard data on what the typical hombrewer is like and why we homebrew.

#16 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48002 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:20 AM

Link's not working anymore...

#17 brewhead

brewhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:25 AM

seems to be working here but : https://www.surveymo...Pq8UymWaA_3d_3d

#18 AspenLeif

AspenLeif

Comptroller of Gingerliness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28184 posts
  • LocationAspen, CO

Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:29 AM

I took it. I hope it's a proactive step in reversing the laws there.MB

#19 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

Comptroller of C-Blocking and Wet Streak Marks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87570 posts
  • LocationRedneckistan

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:23 AM

well, I hope that "Cow College" does something with this....ROLL TIDE!!!!

#20 RommelMagic

RommelMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationHighland Falls, NY

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:44 AM

I took it to. I never really thought of brewing as being leisurely though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users