#21 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53514 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:26 PM

What in hell is Augustiner yeast?! :scratch:

A super-secret, not-available-to-the-public lager strain. Wink-wink. Haven't used it yet but it's going into a starter and onto the stirplate very shortly.

#22 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:33 PM

Looks like the Hella-Bock yeast would be the closest someone could get from the commercial strains...

#23 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53514 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:09 AM

Posted Image
I made this one again and the keg is probably going to blow soon considering how clear the beer is. Took a shot of it today while drinking, stinking and watching teh footballz.

#24 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53514 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:18 AM

Making this beer again this morning but with 838 instead of 2308 and all Hallertau Mittelfruh hops. The last one was oh-so-tasty and I figured I could get one more use of this 838. The mash is about to begin! Cheers Brothers. Ps. I mentioned the hops because the last version (batch 2 of this beer) had a mix of Hallertau Mitt, Hersbrucker and Tettnanger but this one will be all HM.

Edited by KenLenard, 30 October 2012 - 04:19 AM.

#25 johnpreuss

johnpreuss

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1460 posts
  • LocationWay Up North Minnesota

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

Ken this is a lot of what if I cam get this "lager coffin" going nut what would you thunk about using 2124 and vanguard for the hop?

#26 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53514 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

Ken this is a lot of what if I cam get this "lager coffin" going nut what would you thunk about using 2124 and vanguard for the hop?

Were you drunk when you posted this? Seriously... go back and read that. It's f***ing hilarious. :lol:

Well, I really like 2124 but I don't think I would use it in this particular beer. I also happen to like Vanguard but I wouldn't use it here. I only say that because if I'm going to make this beer and I want it to come out the way I envision (like Two Women or somewhere in a close zip code), then 2124 and Vanguard aren't going to get me there. That said, make this beer and sub out the Hallertau Mittelfuh for Vanguard and the 2308 for 2124 and my guess is that you will make a very nice beer that will be different than this beer.

Here, let me translate: If we our cam that beers and bolt schizznit 4518 and that's mosty whats alls. :P

#27 johnpreuss

johnpreuss

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1460 posts
  • LocationWay Up North Minnesota

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

LOL Wow! Didn't read that before or after I posted it obviously. I was trying to post this from my phone, make dinner and I believe I was yelling @ the kids all at once. Anyways, thx for the input. I have Zero first hand knowledge of lager strains and to be honest, noble hops, or.their American kin aren't really my strong suit either. That's why I asked. But since I REALLY like 2 women I figured I had better ask.

Edited by johnpreuss, 10 January 2013 - 09:01 PM.

#28 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53514 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:24 AM

Making this beer again this morning. The hops are a mix of mostly Hallertau Mittelfruh but there are some small amounts of Tradition and Northern Brewer to round out the hops. I'm using 3 gallons (out of 8 total) of distilled water and the 2308 is looking pretty frothy on the stirplate. Oh, and it's 22° here today and very crunchy outside. Cheers Beerheads.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users