#1 bshep

bshep

Deputy Comptroller of Teh Frankerector

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2764 posts
  • LocationDale City, VA

Posted 14 June 2009 - 12:17 PM

The whole deal with us being driven out of the greenboard has inspired me to brew again. I just got a pilsner in the primary. I didn't and won't buy from douchnozzle though, I bought my grain, yeast and hops from the local micro brewery. :)

#2 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64138 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 14 June 2009 - 01:01 PM

YAY!!!!

#3 passlaku

passlaku

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • LocationFlorence Alabama

Posted 14 June 2009 - 01:05 PM

I didn't and won't buy from douchnozzle. :)

Is this what we are calling the proprietor of the other board?

#4 commander flatus

commander flatus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 01:10 PM

"douchenozzle pils" does have a nice ring to it....

The whole deal with us being driven out of the greenboard has inspired me to brew again. I just got a pilsner in the primary. I didn't and won't buy from douchnozzle though, I bought my grain, yeast and hops from the local micro brewery. :)

#5 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68761 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 14 June 2009 - 02:18 PM

"douchenozzle pils" does have a nice ring to it....

I named my version of the inaugural Brews Bros community brew " Dew Schnozz Ale"

#6 chefmiller

chefmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:10 AM

can we let the cat out of the bag, so to speak? There are many people here, (including myself), who have no idea what you are talking about.

#7 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:14 AM

can we let the cat out of the bag, so to speak? There are many people here, (including myself), who have no idea what you are talking about.

DN == Jess

#8 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:42 AM

DN == Jess

And the correllation is... still doens't make sense, unless its a random name given to him.

#9 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:45 AM

And the correllation is... still doens't make sense, unless its a random name given to him.

I think it's the name his mother gave him. I'm not sure what's still unclear. Because of Jess, bshep is brewing again. Geaux bshep!! :)

#10 shmgeggie

shmgeggie

Comptroller of Mythical Creatures

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9205 posts
  • LocationPort Orchard, WA

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:59 AM

I named my version of the inaugural Brews Bros community brew " Dew Schnozz Ale"

Did you add the McNuggets during the boil or after?

#11 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64138 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 15 June 2009 - 12:19 PM

I always add my McNuggets at flame out. You get more aroma that way.

#12 shmgeggie

shmgeggie

Comptroller of Mythical Creatures

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9205 posts
  • LocationPort Orchard, WA

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:06 PM

In a nutshell: Jess is the owner of HBA and the green board. There was a falling out. This board was created by the disenfranchised and disenchanted refugees.

#13 CaptRon

CaptRon

Comptroller of jokes about violence against women

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31546 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:21 PM

There is always this which might help: https://www.brews-br...hp?showtopic=85

#14 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 15 June 2009 - 02:10 PM

There is always this which might help: https://www.brews-br...hp?showtopic=85

Thank's! I just worked my way through the first couple of pages and only wish that...the List was "XXIII"!I still post occassionally "over there"... maybe I'll put up a new McNuggett Avatar and see what happens.

#15 CaptRon

CaptRon

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31546 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 02:16 PM

Thank's! I just worked my way through the first couple of pages and only wish that...the List was "XXIII"!I still post occassionally "over there"... maybe I'll put up a new McNuggett Avatar and see what happens.

Nah, just leave it alone man. Water under the bridge at this point. It would be classless at this point to dredge it all up again. Plus I think he who shall not be named has done enough to himself in the end here. :)Plus, at the end of the day both places have the same end goal - to provide a place for home brewers to communicate with each other. Two boards duking it out doesn't serve the home brewing community well. IMHO. Although I still have a chuckle over the straw that broke the camels back - chicken nuggets. :cheers:

Edited by badogg, 15 June 2009 - 02:18 PM.

#16 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 15 June 2009 - 02:24 PM

Nah, just leave it alone man. Water under the bridge at this point. It would be classless at this point to dredge it all up again. Plus I think he who shall not be named has done enough to himself in the end here. :)Plus, at the end of the day both places have the same end goal - to provide a place for home brewers to communicate with each other. Two boards duking it out doesn't serve the home brewing community well. IMHO. Although I still have a chuckle over the straw that broke the camels back - chicken nuggets. :cheers:

Out of respect for your request... ok.I just hate not having been banned... although his new "mods" really did piss me off when they edited a post I made. And that was the straw that broke my camels back and sent me packing over here.

#17 CaptRon

CaptRon

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31546 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 02:30 PM

Out of respect for your request... ok.I just hate not having been banned... although his new "mods" really did piss me off when they edited a post I made. And that was the straw that broke my camels back and sent me packing over here.

I think this is a better place all around anyways. The other place while helpful a lot of the time, really got a little stuffy for my taste as the brewing forums were concerned. But I always supported them over there... Until I somehow ended up on that infamous list, then I was like screw this I don't even care if this place burns anymore. Then I got over being butt hurt and while I'll probably never post over there anymore, will support it as a home brewing site. I will never refer anyone to his store again, but I will support it as a resource.

#18 bshep

bshep

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2764 posts
  • LocationDale City, VA

Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:10 PM

Did you add the McNuggets during the boil or after?

Imma gonna dry nugget in the secondary :)

#19 Brian72

Brian72

Peter Freer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42114 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:19 PM

I just hate not having been banned...

I got banned twice and reinstated twice in as many weeks. Believe me, it's over rated... :)

#20 bshep

bshep

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2764 posts
  • LocationDale City, VA

Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:28 PM

bshep is brewing again. Geaux bshep!! :)

I all the sudden realised/remembered two things. Brewing is fun (i.e. peeking in the cooler, watching the ferment). Brewing is a PITA (i.e. cleaning up slopped wort etc). I will be doing it more regularly now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users