#1 ANUSTART

ANUSTART

The Drunk Dump Truck Euphanism.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:48 PM

There was a promo that you get Jamil's book if you get a AHA membership in May. I meant to order on May 31, but forgot. So I order my membership today and still put in the promo code. I figured it was worth a shot cause they're beer people, they've gotta be cool. I get this response:

While the Big Brew promo did end on May 31st i'm still going to go ahead and send you out a free copy of Brewing Classic Styles... Just a little gift to let you know how much we appreciate our members.

Awesome! AHA is cool people. :sarcasm:

#2 Slainte

Slainte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 03:14 PM

Yeah they're great. It's worth it for Zymurgy alone, and if you enter the NHC it pretty much pays for itself.

#3 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

Comptroller of Some Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 03 June 2009 - 03:28 PM

Where'd you get this code...I joined in may...

#4 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts
  • LocationPhippsburg Maine

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:10 AM

Where'd you get this code...I joined in may...

Yeah me too, but mine was a renewal, does that count?

#5 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:21 AM

Thanks for the headsup! I just called their CS line and he looked up my member # and said no problem- shipping a book out right away. AHA definitely kicks ass!

#6 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:30 AM

I just emailed them to see if I can get the book as well. I am guessing with the 2 success stories above my wish will probably be granted. Thanks for the heads up!

#7 ANUSTART

ANUSTART

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:35 AM

The coupon code was 09bigbrew. I think it worked for renewals too.I hope they're not pissed that I let the cat out of the bag. Hopefully they dont unship my book.

#8 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:44 AM

The coupon code was 09bigbrew. I think it worked for renewals too.I hope they're not pissed that I let the cat out of the bag. Hopefully they dont unship my book.

I specifically told them an Odacrem on Brews-Bros.com from Denver, CO told me about this... :)

#9 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:15 AM

I specifically told them an Odacrem on Brews-Bros.com from Denver, CO told me about this... :)

You too? I thought having a specific reference would improve my chances, so I said the same. Good luck OC! :)

#10 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:36 AM

got my email back!

Well, the promotion did end in the end of May…. However, we do love our members, so I’m going to go ahead and send you out a copy to show you how much we appreciate your support. Enjoy it! Cheers

sweet

#11 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:16 PM

This reminds me that I still wanna join AHA. I know I won't get the book but thats fine. I have it already. Good Lucky guys, its a great one. Sounds like great CS from them as well too. Nice

#12 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:49 PM

Holy crap...I got my book today! a one day turn around...i realize i am not that far from boulder but it's pretty amazing

#13 ANUSTART

ANUSTART

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:40 PM

Holy crap...I got my book today! a one day turn around...i realize i am not that far from boulder but it's pretty amazing

Mine came today too.

#14 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 09:24 AM

Jumps out of seat to go check the mail...

#15 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 09:31 AM

Softcover! Why them cheap sons of...LOL JK, what a great gesture by the AHA, I have been meaning to pick this up anyhow. I have never seen offers or promotions by them before for joining. Time to time some good coupons though, got Michael Jackson's latest publishing of great beers of belgium dirt cheap, gonna have to start paying attention to their e-mails.

#16 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18075 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:49 PM

They are running another promotion now where you get Radical Brewing By Randy Mosher. I had this book in my cart at Amazon the other day glad I took it out because I need to re-up my membership. This one si good till June 30

#17 Daryl

Daryl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 04:55 PM

They are running another promotion now where you get Radical Brewing By Randy Mosher. I had this book in my cart at Amazon the other day glad I took it out because I need to re-up my membership. This one si good till June 30

Is there a promo code for this one? I need to renew mine aswell

#18 ANUSTART

ANUSTART

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:17 PM

Posted Image

#19 mach5

mach5

Helibottle Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationColumbia, PA

Posted 09 June 2009 - 05:38 AM

Wait until you use the pub discount...it is 20% in some places...really nice. Zymurgy is a good mag too.

#20 DubbelEntendre

DubbelEntendre

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 09 June 2009 - 05:57 AM

Don't read this book...Unless you want to have the desire to brew beer more than you do already. I've been meaning to join. I wish I would have signed up during the Brewing Classic Styles Promo. That is one that I would like to have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users