9 replies to this topic

#1 CoastieSteve

CoastieSteve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:34 PM

Well, the freebie fridge from a neighbor died some time last week... My drinking has been WAYYY off and it took my wife going into the kegerator's freezer to get out a steak for us to find out that the 1989 system called it quits... 2 kegs of warm beer (no biggie there) and about 15 lbs of ruined (and rip :rolf: ) steak. Went to Lowes, bought a 18.2 cu. ft. top mounted fridge and converted it this afternoon. Pulling it out of its space, we also learned a mouse has been camping out :covreyes: .

#2 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64049 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:41 PM

Mine died recently, too. Major PITA. Need to find a new one soon. :rolf:

#3 DaKine

DaKine

a compt roller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationPuna

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:54 PM

I lift a pint in respect.I'd be lifting one anyway. So RIP ol fridge.

#4 Lonnie Mac

Lonnie Mac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationBacliff, TX

Posted 29 March 2009 - 03:03 PM

It's been a bad week for appliances!I brewed up a 11 gal cream ale. Got it chilled down to 62 as usual. Went to heave it up into my fermentation fridge and it was like 80 degrees!It is dead.I went in to tell Moonbeam and opened the laundry room door and it was about 2" deep in water! The dang two year old washing machine blew a main gasket.I am sad.

#5 Lagerdemain

Lagerdemain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 03:07 PM

It's been a bad week for appliances!I brewed up a 11 gal cream ale. Got it chilled down to 62 as usual. Went to heave it up into my fermentation fridge and it was like 80 degrees!It is dead.I went in to tell Moonbeam and opened the laundry room door and it was about 2" deep in water! The dang two year old washing machine blew a main gasket.I am sad.

Bummer. There is no end to the damage inflicted by Hurricane Ike, is there? Time to update your claim with FEMA/SBA/insurance company, my friend.

#6 Lonnie Mac

Lonnie Mac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationBacliff, TX

Posted 29 March 2009 - 03:34 PM

Bummer. There is no end to the damage inflicted by Hurricane Ike, is there? Time to update your claim with FEMA/SBA/insurance company, my friend.

Now I am trying to figure out how to finagle a cool glass front like you have! This just may be the time to finally get one!

#7 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:44 PM

I had a fridge die on me a couple of years ago. Buddy of mine parents were moving and gave me an older top bottom freezer/fridge. I was psyched cause I wanted to do a lager. I brewed a beer it was the middle of summer too here in NC and I reached inside the next day to check on it, got a faceful of hot air and figured out that it was not cooling it went to the dump and now I have 4 freezers. Go figure but I feel you pain. Better days ahead!!

#8 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68757 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:49 PM

Now I am trying to figure out how to finagle a cool glass front like you have! This just may be the time to finally get one!

if you have a university close by check out their surplus auctions, a brewer up here from the B.T.S.R.N. got 2 of them for $100.

#9 Lonnie Mac

Lonnie Mac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationBacliff, TX

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:02 PM

if you have a university close by check out their surplus auctions, a brewer up here from the B.T.S.R.N. got 2 of them for $100.

Bacliff TX, university, you jest!You would think after IKE, they would be laying in the streets here. I can't believe they are this hard to find... Even on craigslist, they are pushing a thousand for a two-door like Lagers...Most all the appliances after IKE was piled up in a big heap down the road from me. I couldn't get near that pile to take a look... If it had freon in it, it was under guard, and disposed of under very strict FEMA government standards... :rolf: I am pretty sure these are the ones on craigslist now for around a grand!

Edited by Lonnie Mac, 29 March 2009 - 07:03 PM.

#10 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:26 AM

Oh N0es!The EVIL freon!Laughing at the latest "sky is falling" eco threat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users