#1 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 14 August 2010 - 02:04 PM

Maybe this is old news.First time i saw it.Any brewery guys here word on this?https://www.investorplace.com/news-opinion/beer-prices-may-soon-be-harder-to-swallow.html

#2 realbeerguy

realbeerguy

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1974 posts
  • LocationBluffton, SC

Posted 14 August 2010 - 04:13 PM

My LHBS said the price of grain is going up 20%.

#3 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:47 AM

I spoke with a rep from North Country malts a couple of weeks ago and I was told differently. He told me that the grain prices for 2010 were holding for 2011 contracts (for breweries) and there would not be any changes for next year. Not sure if that means the the individual consumer would see a different price but he gave me no indication to expect a change in them.

#4 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64053 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:10 AM

I spoke with a rep from North Country malts a couple of weeks ago and I was told differently. He told me that the grain prices for 2010 were holding for 2011 contracts (for breweries) and there would not be any changes for next year. Not sure if that means the the individual consumer would see a different price but he gave me no indication to expect a change in them.

That doesn't mean the brewers won't raise their prices 40% on fear of poor barley harvest. :frank:Also, the big boys own their own barley fields. If they have poor harvests in their own fields and have to go outside to purchase a larger percentage of their barley, their cost will go up even if the market price for barley doesn't.

#5 *_Guest_Matt C_*

*_Guest_Matt C_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:14 PM

Man, I hope the price of grains dont go up. Grains are the cheapest ingredient in beer brewing....except for water of course. :frank:

#6 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68757 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:16 PM

Man, I hope the price of grains dont go up. Grains are the cheapest ingredient in beer brewing....except for water of course. :frank:

*furiously budgets in 2 sacks of malt*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users