33 replies to this topic

#1 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18083 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:12 AM

Brewing for the first time since father’s day. Had a Coast 32/50 Kolsch last weekend and decided I want to have one on tap. Going simple with the recipe just 90% Pils and 10% wheat and using Wyeast 2575 Kolsch II.

#2 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:50 AM

Brewed last weekend and had a great brew day so I want to maintain the momentum. I'm planning to brew Jamil's Scarlet Pumpernickel probably on Saturday.

#3 strangebrewer

strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:57 AM

Planning to crank out a DFH 90 min style beer on sunday. Made with pilsner malt :P

#4 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:01 AM

I made a cream ale on thursday,i am planning another Chinook IPA for Saturday.The one i have on tap is delicious. :P

#5 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:21 AM

Planning to mash in once I am home from work in about 2 hours. I am brewing an American Rye ale and gonna add a twist with a .5lb of smoked malt. Recipe in the forum. Cheers guys!!

#6 ColdAssHonky

ColdAssHonky

Comptroller of Fashion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:23 AM

It's been about a month for me, so tomorrow morning I'll kick off an Orange Cascade APA.

#7 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:48 AM

Brewed back to back batches yesterday...Sneaky Big Blonde Ale & Katy Trail Amber Ale. Kegging Matylda's Summer Ale tonight. :P

#8 CaptRon

CaptRon

Comptroller of jokes about violence against women

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31559 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:22 PM

I'm thinking I'll squeeze in a quick extract/partial mash tomorrow. Might as well take advantage of the free time being the wife and kid are going to be gone. I just need to figure out what I want to make. I'm leaning towards a stout. Haven't made a stout in a while. :P

#9 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:58 PM

I just brewed last Friday night. I may take a look at my equipment, replace some hoses and give everything else a deep cleaning.

#10 ChicagoWaterGuy

ChicagoWaterGuy

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3234 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:41 PM

Monday. I need to break in the new (to me) conical. 10 gallons of Vienna Lager sounds good.

#11 gnef

gnef

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 06 August 2010 - 03:32 PM

I am going to try to do my Belgian Dark Strong tomorrow, and if possible do a double batch and do my Belgian Double IPA on the same day. I also need to transfer my Liquid stupid to kegs, and rack 30 gallons of cider from last year in carboys to kegs. I'm not sure how productive I will be, but let's hope I can at least do the first batch.

#12 MakeMeHoppy

MakeMeHoppy

Redundancy Comptroller of Redundancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10759 posts
  • LocationSlower Lower Delaware

Posted 06 August 2010 - 03:34 PM

Glad to finally be able to post here. Trying to run an APA for a pre-season football tailgate party on the 21st. It won't be ideal, but it will be beer.

#13 EWW

EWW

Regular, normal human being

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26207 posts
  • LocationSomewhere special

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:44 PM

Planning to crank out a DFH 90 min style beer on sunday. Made with pilsner malt :P

That's what DFH uses Will be doing 10 gallons of mead at our clubs AHA mead day event

#14 drewseslu

drewseslu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:08 PM

Made some Pale Ale today, next week is Oktoberfest, Pale Ale, Pumpkin Ale, Saison, Hefe, Kolsch and our spiced dunkelweizen thingy.

#15 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:09 PM

10 gal of slightly over the top Am. Wheat after work yesterday. Building a CFC over the weekend.

#16 CaptRon

CaptRon

Comptroller of jokes about violence against women

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31559 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:11 PM

Building a CFC over the weekend.

You should make a new thread on how you are building this. I've been wanting to make one myself. :P

Edited by badogg, 06 August 2010 - 05:11 PM.

#17 djinkc

djinkc

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:24 PM

You should make a new thread on how you are building this. I've been wanting to make one myself. Posted Image

Maybe I'll take some pics. Really though, there are lots of builds posted out there if you google it. I doubt I'll have much to add.I guess this one will be a little different since it will use the QDs that George found to hook it directly to the kettle drain valve. Well, hopefully........ I looked over what I have tonight and there shouldn't be another trip to the hardware store.I'm guessing it will be two.......Posted Image eta, it looks like with a little elbow grease 3/8" refrigeration tubing will fit good enough to sweat to the barbed female DQs that George found.

Edited by djinkc, 06 August 2010 - 05:39 PM.

#18 Kunsan90

Kunsan90

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationPurgatory ...

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:41 PM

I'll be brewing a Sticke' Alt on Sunday. I have to transfer a Dusseldorf Alt tomorrow to collect the yeast, Wyeast 1007, to use in the Sticke'.-K90

#19 djinkc

djinkc

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:49 PM

I'll be brewing a Sticke' Alt on Sunday. I have to transfer a Dusseldorf Alt tomorrow to collect the yeast, Wyeast 1007, to use in the Sticke'.-K90

Got a Sticke that I'm thinking about putting on tap again tonight. And had a D. Alt earlier tonight. Thanks to some of your advice and blktre's regarding Altbiers I'm pretty happy lately. time to start another 1007 string here. Posted Image

Edited by djinkc, 06 August 2010 - 07:52 PM.

#20 Kunsan90

Kunsan90

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationPurgatory ...

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:04 PM

Got a Sticke that I'm thinking about putting on tap again tonight. And had a D. Alt earlier tonight. Thanks to some of your advice and blktre's regarding Altbiers I'm pretty happy lately. time to start another 1007 string here. Posted Image

Cool DJ, glad I was able to help out in some way and I would love to be near you to try the Sticke. I haven't brewed a Sticke' for a looooong time, and the opportunity to use the yeast from a D.Alt I brewed two weeks ago was too hard to pass up. I have three Alt's on tap right now, 2 Dussels and 1 Northern German, so a Sticke' finally seemed necessary. The Dussels on tap were fermeneted with 1007 and K97; the 1007 is cleaner and crisper, but the K97 batch is still really good and I'll use it again.Enjoy the Sticke!Phil

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users