• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Brewmasters Warehouse

Brewmasters Warehouse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:18 PM

Here is the deal we will be having Fresh off the vine hops being shipped in directly from the grower. These hops have not been dried and are perfect for a Harvest/Wet Hop/Fresh Hop brew. Of course not many home brewers have access to hops like these, unless you grow your own hops. The hops will be shipped to us over night within 24 hours of being harvested. We will be selling these hops in 1 lb increments only. Typical usage for wet hops is 5 ounces of wet to 1 ounce of dried hops so a pound really does not go that far.We will have Cascade, Centennial, Chinook, Simcoe, and Citra available for pre order at $20 per lb. We will only be purchasing what has been pre ordered so you have to order them before hand. We still have 1 week before the deadline of August 10th. Each variety will have to be paid for separately and shipping will be charged on each order since the hops will not all be arriving on the same day. They are expected to be harvested between Aug 25th and Sep 25th. If for some reason they do we will of course refund the shipping charges on orders that are shipped together.Please let me know if you have any questions.Thanks,Ed

#2 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63968 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:32 PM

Ed, that's a pretty tough sell. I don't know what the typical hopping rates are for a wet hop brew, but you're asking for the equivalent of $100/pound of dry hops.

#3 Brewmasters Warehouse

Brewmasters Warehouse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:43 AM

Ed, that's a pretty tough sell. I don't know what the typical hopping rates are for a wet hop brew, but you're asking for the equivalent of $100/pound of dry hops.

The hopping rates would depend on the recipe you wanted to brew. You can easily take your favorite pale ale or IPA and convert it to wet hops by multiplying your flavor/aroma hops by 5. This is really just an opportunity to be able to brew a wet hop brew if you do not grow our own hops and always wanted to brew a wet hop brew. This is not a chance to stock up on hops for the freezer, these hops should be used fresh (within 7 days sooner being better). I know this is not an offer that appeals to everyone, but it is a unique offering that allows you to make a special beer.Thanks,EdPS - The all hop varieties will be arriving between Aug 25th and Sept 25th.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users