• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 thatleetboy

thatleetboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:32 AM

Does anybody have a link to having custom bottle cap crowns made?You know, real painted bottlecaps. I realize there's probably a minimum order of 10,000 caps or something, but I just want to price it out!Cheers

#2 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

Comptroller of Complaints and Unruly Clients

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21336 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:41 AM

Does anybody have a link to having custom bottle cap crowns made?You know, real painted bottlecaps. I realize there's probably a minimum order of 10,000 caps or something, but I just want to price it out!Cheers

https://www.crowncor...serv.php#crownsHave fun!

#3 thatleetboy

thatleetboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:43 AM

Thanks DDany ideas what these guys charge??

#4 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21336 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:50 AM

No idea. I just did a search.I know you will have to pay a screen/setup charge.You are right though, you are going to have to order a metric butt load of them.You can also call any small local brewery and ask them. Better yet, go on tasting/tour night and drink free beer, listen to music and ask the question in person.

Edited by DuncanDad, 28 March 2009 - 11:51 AM.

#5 thatleetboy

thatleetboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:04 AM

Geez Louise, their minimum order is 430,000 caps!I guess I'll keep looking*sigh*

#6 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21336 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:20 AM

I think it's Thomas Directory that you can search for industrial suppliers like that.Not sure how many you want but here's another place...https://www.etsy.com...ting_id=8266113Never mind, they are for decoration only.Do a Google search for "Custom Bottle Caps", or, "Custom Bottle Crowns".

Edited by DuncanDad, 30 March 2009 - 09:25 AM.

#7 wengared

wengared

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:23 AM

Geez Louise, their minimum order is 430,000 caps!I guess I'll keep looking*sigh*

Just get the blank ones, buy the wife and kids paint and turn them loose, they like doing their nails all the time.

#8 *_Guest_BigBossMan_*

*_Guest_BigBossMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:18 PM

https://www.craftycaps.com/brewers/Just don't boil them.

Due to the manufacturing process, these caps CAN NOT be boiled! We have found that the best way to sterilize our designed caps is to use a sanitizing solution instead of the boiling process. Caps should be sterilized before use, typically by soaking in a light sterilizing solution such as Iodophor or I-O Safe, Iodine based solutions. One Step and B-Brite are NOT suggested due to the fact that they are hydrogen peroxide based and can not only leave a reside on the caps, but also degrade the sealant. Crafty Caps LLC is not responsible for designed caps that have damage because they have been boiled.

#9 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53927 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:48 PM

I remember looking into this a few years ago. The minimum was X number of caps (forget how many) and the price tag was somewhere around $1300 or something. :) It's possible that someone else will do it now for less, but I haven't looked. Also, many people use Avery labels that fit on caps and they'll use a template (I think Avery software is free & downloadable) to print small logos on the labels and then stick the labels on blank caps. Also, in case you're interested, The Home Brewery in MO has caps in different colors and the price is reasonable. Cheers.

#10 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53927 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:56 PM

Oh wow, the Crafty Caps is pretty cool. The examples look good, but it says that they are not direct printed. $14.99 for 50 caps is still a little pricey and 50 caps will only bottle one batch. If the price dropped for larger orders, I could see ordering 500 or something. They look pretty cool.

#11 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21336 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:02 PM

They are probably thermo printed. I know if you heat up metal that is thermo printed the wax in the print desolves. That's why they are so expensive.How many were you looking for?

#12 thatleetboy

thatleetboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:45 PM

I'm thinking of doing five thousand. I can buy a box of plain caps (qty10,800) for about $130.It seems like a lot but half a million caps is WAY too many!I think I have to find some way to silkscreen on them... spend a day cranking them through.Labels may be the best option.For now, I'll keep looking....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users