21 replies to this topic

#1 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:30 AM

I placed an order on the 12th (8 days ago) and it still "being picked". Part of it is they didn't have the line assemblies put together. If this kind of thing only happened one time I'd say fine but they always seem to be out of items, shipping late, sending me unconditioned kegs that suck ass and seem like they might have the wrong kind of post on them. Anyone else had these kind of experiences with them? I've had mixed results with getting them to make things right when they screw up. I think this might be my last order unless we are talking incredible deal.

#2 MakeMeHoppy

MakeMeHoppy

Redundancy Comptroller of Redundancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10732 posts
  • LocationSlower Lower Delaware

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:57 AM

I don't internet order often, but when I do I've had good luck with B3. I'm having problems getting a bulk grain order together and with B3 I found the best deal. Their 10lb grains are priced well and fall within the free shipping criteria (the 50/55 lb sacks don't). The order took 4 days to pick, but they tell you that up front that the free shipping orders can take longer. Just a little planning for lead time and this looks like it will continue to be a good deal.

#3 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:31 AM

I don't internet order often, but when I do I've had good luck with B3. I'm having problems getting a bulk grain order together and with B3 I found the best deal. Their 10lb grains are priced well and fall within the free shipping criteria (the 50/55 lb sacks don't). The order took 4 days to pick, but they tell you that up front that the free shipping orders can take longer. Just a little planning for lead time and this looks like it will continue to be a good deal.

3-4 days is reasonable. 8 days isn't IMO.

#4 shaggaroo

shaggaroo

Comptroller of Hot Flashes

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NY

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:46 AM

I usually have really good luck with Northern Brewer and my most recent order was with Adventures in Homebrewing (in Michigan). Had my keg, CO2 tank and all the pieces parts in 2 days. Of course shipping wasn't free but I thought it was reasonable.

#5 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:52 AM

I usually have really good luck with Northern Brewer and my most recent order was with Adventures in Homebrewing (in Michigan). Had my keg, CO2 tank and all the pieces parts in 2 days. Of course shipping wasn't free but I thought it was reasonable.

yeah - assuming NB has what I need next time around I'll probably order from them.

#6 realbeerguy

realbeerguy

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1974 posts
  • LocationBluffton, SC

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:43 AM

No issues with B3, but have never ordered somthing that needs to be assembled. That could be the problem, a shortage of component parts. 8 days ago puts you in the July 4th week, and possibly their suppliers were on shutdown.

#7 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18069 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:57 AM

Unless it is something I cannot find anywhere else I typicaly do not use B3. They have good products and I have gotten some good deal there but shipping form CA to MA can take a while with the free option.

#8 siouxbrewer

siouxbrewer

Comptroller of Teh Beefs and other beeflike animals that are tas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8253 posts
  • LocationGreat Plains, KS

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:27 AM

My 26 gallon boil kettle from B3 arrived with a fist-sized dent in the side. Called customer service and they had a replacement shipped out by the end of the day. My new kettle arrived four days later with return shipping for my dented kettle. I'd say they came through pretty good on that one. I will say that the free shipping is slow, but not enough for me to not take advantage of it.

#9 gnef

gnef

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:56 AM

I've only ordered from them a couple times. They do seem to go out of stock on items on a regular basis. Their shipping time always seemed adequate to me, especially for being free.The only suggestion I can give you, is if you want something shipped faster, then you need to be willing to pay for it. It isn't just about the actual shipping time, but I believe they will also pack your order sooner, as it should get bumped up the queue. This won't help with OOS items, but perhaps they will send separate packages?I have always had good fortune with Austin homebrew, and that is where I buy most of my online supplies from. I've also done northernbrewer once or twice without problems.

#10 passlaku

passlaku

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • LocationFlorence Alabama

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:23 AM

I have had slow service in the past but the stuff always eventually arrived. Once I was convinced my order got lost. You might want to give them a call and politely ask what the hold up is. B3 has outstanding equipment, so I hold off on buying that stuff from them when they have a good sale. IT is also stuff I am not in a rush to get. For ingredients I go with Brewmaster's Warehouse.Last Wednesday night I ordered $70 of grain from Brewmasters Warehouse, and with the 10% coupon code (BNARMY) it was like getting free shipping (they do flat fee $6.99). I got the big box of grains by that Friday at 2pm, now that was pretty cool.

#11 johnpreuss

johnpreuss

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1460 posts
  • LocationWay Up North Minnesota

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:58 PM

I typically order from Midwest - their prices are low enough that it makes up for no flat rate shipping / free shipping - but this time I ordered from Rebel Brewer (Same thing with their pricing). So far I ordered Friday night around midnight and it's been shipped already.

#12 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64061 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:04 PM

They have a pretty clear record of spotty customer service. There's a huge thread on another brewing board about it. I think a big part of it is that people are annoyed that they have a ridiculous number of items out of stock at any given time. Whoever handles their inventory should be fired yesterday. There are also stories out there of just general poor customer service. Unfortunately, it seems to be a systemic thing. I've pretty much sworn off of them. I'm not saying they totally suck, they just lag behind the other usual players, IMO. They'd be my last option.

#13 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68757 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:43 PM

I've ordered lots of stuff from them over the last 4 years, never, ever once had any problems, nothing

#14 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:22 AM

I've ordered lots of stuff from them over the last 4 years, never, ever once had any problems, nothing

my stuff is still "being picked". it's a good thing I wasn't counting on them to actually ship the items when they said they would. :cheers:

#15 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68757 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:32 PM

my stuff is still "being picked". it's a good thing I wasn't counting on them to actually ship the items when they said they would. :cheers:

I've had slow shipping from them a couple times. I'm pretty sure it was only because they were out of stock on some items.

normally if you are paying the shipping they would likely ship what they could now and wait for re-stock on any out of stock item and ship it seperately, but since they are paying the freight for those items, they willlikely hold the whole oreder until it costs them the least amount to ship it, especially shipping out of their UPS zone

#16 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:21 PM

still being picked - HOLY SHIT!!

#17 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:31 PM

Did you call them? That seems to help.

I'll give them one more day at least. If I what am I going to say? Hey guys - get your shit together! :frank:

#18 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64061 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:41 PM

Did you call them? That seems to help.

1.) Yes, that's the logical next step.2.) It's been 7 business days and they still haven't shipped his order. They are the ones that owe him a call. It says on the website that their free shipping orders ship within 3-4 business days. No contact after 7 days is a screw up on their side.

#19 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:53 AM

1.) Yes, that's the logical next step.2.) It's been 7 business days and they still haven't shipped his order. They are the ones that owe him a call. It says on the website that their free shipping orders ship within 3-4 business days. No contact after 7 days is a screw up on their side.

they are just past the edge of what they warned me about. here is the timeline:12th: I place the order at the start of B3s business day14th: I receive an e-mail that two items aren't assembled and this will take 1-3 days. Given this I would have expected the 18th to be the latest possible ship day because there is no reason that this delay shouldn't be counting down along with the regular 3-4 day delay that had already started ticking away. Even if I add 4 (normal max) + 3 (assembly delay) they should have shipped yesterday (21st) at the absolute latest.Like I said - I don't NEED any of these parts immediately but it would have been pretty damn annoying if I did. I placed one order the day before this one and one on the same day and I've already had that stuff for a week. One of the items even shipped USPS!!! The other shipped fedex ground.

#20 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64061 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:11 AM

It takes 90 seconds to put a line assembly together. That's a piss poor excuse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users