5 replies to this topic

#1 mTizzle

mTizzle

Atomic Chef Runner-Up

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2397 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:29 PM

No certified colors, and that may the smallest issue. Tonight I obtained the new Lemon Tea teh JOOSE. This was after spending the a while shopping ffor kids books with the kids for a kids birthday party. So, I was excited.I arrived home and passed off the kids to the wife for washing and I cracked open teh JOOSE. Fist sip, then slight gag. For those that have had the JOOSE Orange, those will know one of the major flavors in the JOOSE Lemonade Tea. I am not sure how JOOSE Orange made it into Lemade Tea, but I believe that it is there is spades. That flavor is then offset with a little bit of “tea” flavor. Now, the tea flavor that I believe is there is what one would get after taking your favorite Lipton tea bag, steaping it in water. Then taking that tea water and boiling it until you have nothing but tea essence in the bottom of your pot. Then you scrape the bottom of the bowl and throw it in ice water. This flavor, however, must be mellowed by the 12% alcohol. Thus, the first gag was not followed by too many others.Now, however, the color is affected by the only color listed on the can “caramel color”. It is NOT certifie, and I think that is a shame. I poured bit into a clear glass. I did this after the first slight gag, and that may affect my visual perception. Regardless, I am reminded of the hair color of a girl from my childhood days that described it as “dirty dish-water blond.” This is actually my kinder description, but my first metaphor may not be appropriate for so sensitive ears.In finality, I would not give JOOSE a best effort on this one. The “tea” color from the caramel does not add much. The flavor seems to be a mash of lemon from a bottle and Orange JOOSE. I am not sure that I really sense any tea flavor, but I am not a tea fan anyway. Thus, I would prefer Lemon Tea teh JOOSE before any other tea drinks.

#2 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Comptroller of BigAssMan

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43700 posts
  • Locationen route

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:08 PM

And the lightening?

#3 ScottS

ScottS

Lord and Master

• King of the Chickens
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17487 posts
  • LocationMy lawn

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:00 PM

Thanks for taking one for the team. :nono:I need some more of that watermelon stuff.

#4 DieselGopher

DieselGopher

Executive Director of Whatnot and what not

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14174 posts
  • Locationhanging around

Posted 10 July 2010 - 10:47 PM

<-- not a tea drinker at all. But...Tastes like what I would expect tea to taste like, EXCEPT IT 12% ABV!!!!! Better than teh orange, but not teh dragon. Worth it if you are after a good JOOSi drunk.

#5 mTizzle

mTizzle

Atomic Chef Runner-Up

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2397 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 08:07 PM

And the lightening?

I have to say, other thank being lit, not much lightening in the tea.I have the Lemonade in the fridge, but I introduced teh JOOSE to a group of people this weekend, and went with standards for teh intro, so I did not get back to the lemonade. I will soon.

<-- not a tea drinker at all. But...Tastes like what I would expect tea to taste like, EXCEPT IT 12% ABV!!!!! Better than teh orange, but not teh dragon. Worth it if you are after a good JOOSi drunk.

I am not a tea drinker either. however, most teas are not quite as bitter as this was. Not that I have not had bad teas, but this is pretty close to bad tea with alcohol. A LOT of alcohol. Enough, that I am not sure that it should be subject to the two JOOSE rule. I know, that is sacrilege, but it is getting close.

#6 Promega

Promega

Comptroller of SWMBOs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1791 posts
  • LocationRado

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:56 AM

I'd like to add to this. Upon first site of this product I made the mistake of drinking it ASAP in the middle of the week. It was a mistake because I couldn't fully appreciate it. Teh Lemon Tea definitely has the bite we remember of JOOSE from yesteryear. As such, I came to a serious dilemma: should I drink the JOOSE outside the can? Now normally in the company of others, when doing JOOSE tastings, this might be acceptable. But as we all know, it's sacrilege to do anything else but drink it direct from the can whilst solo JOOSing. However it also occurred to me, being in the South, that tea with ice in it, a.k.a. iced tea, is a big deal. So I poured teh Lemon Tea upon some cubes in a Left Hand Brewing Company bedecked pint glass. Bite disappeared. JOOSE disappeared. Quickly. Some things happened afterward that aren't clear to me, BUT ... WOW, pouring it on ice made it so easy as to be dangerous via rapid JOOSE infusion.I'll also say this is definitely one of those things that happens easier in company. As is common, teh Vagus and his lady joined me in a JOOSE tasting (four loko might have been involved too, can't remember). Teh Lemon Tea backed up by another new one - Rasberry Lemonade - was a real treat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users