1 reply to this topic

#1 mTizzle

mTizzle

Atomic Chef Runner-Up

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2397 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 06:43 PM

Please rank the topic for voting.I had this 650 ml bottle on Friday past, but have not yet had a chance to write my review. I think that it worked best that way. Today, I left my house to slightly cloudy skies that were nice and mild. As the morning rolled on the skies darkened drastically blotting out the sun and making the late morning look like late night. Then came heavy rain with lighting and thunder.This Night Stalker was a similar experience. I had a nice clean and clear glass. I then poured in the stout and it was dark and completely opaque. Not uncommon for a stout, but never a sure bet either. This was quite nice. Not much a head on this pour, though. I poured this into a pint glass, and was only about 1/2 inch from the top before I had to stop because the head reached the top of the glass. It was also light tan in color.The nose was nice and slight bit bitter. A nice introduction to the first sip. This stout was not thick, rather smooth and light for the dark color. A very pleasent drink. Not quite summer refreshing, but definately not going to make you feel overwhelmingly full after downing two or three of the bottles. Even though they are nearly wine bottle sized.A nice bitterness and hoppiness was present, without beating one up-side-the-head with the flavor. It is quite nice that having a stout (my favorite type of brew) without requiring a throat tightening bitterness before I am too drunk to notice.The label indicates that it will age and improve over 5 years. Mine was only bottled about three months before I drank it so maybe it would toughen up a little in a year or two, but I enjoyed it immediately. I think that a stout could have a little bit more bite without being offensive, but this was a good example in my opinion.

#2 ChicagoWaterGuy

ChicagoWaterGuy

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3234 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:45 AM

I believe this is the base beer for Bourbon County.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users