Photo
- - - - -

PILZILLA- Lager

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: Whart do you thing (0 member(s) have cast votes)

Your Rating

1. 10 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 9 (0 votes [0.00%])

3. 8 (0 votes [0.00%])

4. 7 (0 votes [0.00%])

5. 6 (0 votes [0.00%])

6. 5 (0 votes [0.00%])

7. 4 (0 votes [0.00%])

8. 3 (0 votes [0.00%])

9. 2 (0 votes [0.00%])

10. 1 (1 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

11. You must have not pants to like this one (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 mTizzle

mTizzle

Atomic Chef Runner-Up

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2397 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 06:39 PM

Well my second review for this weekend, I will try to keep ot up for everyone. I am not sure of the number of possabilities out there, but at two a weekend I whould be abble to keep this up for a year or two. Though I drack this beer ffirst in the evening I am now this beer in (1 pint and 6 oz), plus a watermelon teh JOOSE, and 36 oz. of peach mead into the evening not to mention a maduro cigar and a walk to the local parks with the kids.This one, not as exciting at the Friday review, but good.The bottle describes this as a "basterdized German, Czech, Polish Pils." Though only other time I have heard or read "basterdized" was from a patent Examiner describing his admittedly HORRIBLE combination of prior art to not allow claims I had drafted for my client. The Examiner, however, learned teh errors of his ways. This beverage, not quite as bad as the combination from the Examiner.This expensive bottle of beer had a thicck head as I poured it into my pint pilsner glass. My glass only filled about 1/3 third and the head was an inch over the top of the glass. It held it though as it went back down. nto bad for a beer that I can see through. For the price I was dissapointed that I had to hold my hands over teh glass for at least 10 seconds and holding my noise in the glass to get a whiff of the real noise. With that I caught a good hops scent. The beer is unfiltered and the end had it stronger. Other than that, it could have been a Bud, Labatt Blue, etc. in my opinion. And those do not cost as much.When opening the bottle I was thinking, I am going to play MW2. I played video games in high school, but now I am a father, have a real job, etc., but I play a couple of hours a week. So I go online and think I will get 8-10 kills. Then I start to drink, and it comes close seeing the other players join my lobby. A bbuncch of prestiged 70s players. So the round starts and I die like crazy. The first few sips are like this, "why did I even try this, it is not worth the cash I just spent. Luckily I also got my watermelon JOOSE to fall back on." Then it warms a little, I get a little bit of hops and bitterness. It is like I get a few kills on the 70 rank players and they are pissed that a noobed gets them (or they think I cheated, but they are just weak.) Thus, it ended. I would recommend drinking this just below room temperature to get all of the flavors coming in the bottle. Out of the fridge, it is not worth the price of the bottle. But a little warmer and you can get the bitterness that the "-zilla" made of hops represents. Not sure I can understamd the "basterdized"ness, but a decent lager/pils for the cash.

#2 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Comptroller of BigAssMan

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43700 posts
  • Locationen route

Posted 22 May 2010 - 06:53 PM

Maybe less JOOSE before reviews? :) :frank:

#3 ScottS

ScottS

Lord and Master

• King of the Chickens
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17487 posts
  • LocationMy lawn

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:11 PM

This review gets a gold star for style. Everyone take note, this is how it's done. :frank:

#4 mTizzle

mTizzle

Atomic Chef Runner-Up

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2397 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:38 PM

Maybe less JOOSE before reviews? :) :frank:

In JOOSE veritas. The art flows with appropraite lubrication. Even if proofreading does not and typos abound. I would proof them in the morning, but I only get a few minutes to edit posts.Maybe if I were given special powers by . . .Also, thanks for the gold start ScottS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users