Photo
- - - - -

Lindemans KRIEK Lambic

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Your Opinion (0 member(s) have cast votes)

Yummy?

1. Yes (5 votes [83.33%])

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

2. No (1 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

3. Maybe with Pants (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 mTizzle

mTizzle

Atomic Chef Runner-Up

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2397 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:13 PM

I tried this beverage tonight. Now I am not sure what it is after reading the label.The black cherry flavor did taste like black cherries. The only issue is that black cherries is all I could taste. There was very little alcohol in it, and it tasted more like cherry flavored cough syrup that has been carbonated. No real aroma, even the cherry was weak here. Lite on the mouth and easy to drink, but no other notes could be detected. I tried it both chilled and room temperature. Not much change in the tasting notes between the temperatures.I would drink it again, but mostly if I wanted a slighlty alcoholic summer drink. Not heavy at all.

#2 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Comptroller of BigAssMan

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43700 posts
  • Locationen route

Posted 18 May 2010 - 04:09 AM

Mix it with Hoegaarten (or other Belgium white), and it's a great summer drink. The wife calls them "dirty Hoes". Quite drinkable, sorta like fruit wheat beer.

#3 ScottS

ScottS

Lord and Master

• King of the Chickens
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17487 posts
  • LocationMy lawn

Posted 18 May 2010 - 07:20 AM

I really like it, but it's very expensive for what you get.

#4 Kremer

Kremer

Comptroller of MS Paint Diagrams and other vague unspecified stu

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9163 posts
  • Location38.360502, -85.311022 (Louisville, KY area)

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:38 AM

Mix it with Hoegaarten (or other Belgium white), and it's a great summer drink. The wife calls them "dirty Hoes". Quite drinkable, sorta like fruit wheat beer.

This is good. The SWMBO of someone I work with likes hers "extra dirty" via a double shot of the Kriek. possibly because it lets her say "I'd like a dirty Hoe please, extra dirty." quite loud and proud in front of everyone.

#5 mTizzle

mTizzle

Atomic Chef Runner-Up

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2397 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:19 PM

I will have to try that. I liked it, just not something overly special. Tasted more like a slightly effervescent berry drink.

I really like it, but it's very expensive for what you get.

+1 to this. I was really going to get some of the awesome teh Watermelon JOOSE. I had four cans of that and one of the KRIEK. I was a little surprised when the pay lady told me the total of $20.

#6 ScottS

ScottS

Lord and Master

• King of the Chickens
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17487 posts
  • LocationMy lawn

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:53 PM

4 cans?ZOMG

#7 cavman

cavman

Comptroller of BigPossMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12937 posts
  • LocationSomerville, MA

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:46 AM

The Lindeman's lambics are all like fruit flavored seltzers or something, not sour like a true lambic. However the Lindeman's Gueze is quite nice.

#8 mTizzle

mTizzle

Atomic Chef Runner-Up

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2397 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:02 PM

4 cans?ZOMG

I was stocking up. I did not drink them all at once. Also, it was the only place I could find the watermelon JOOSE locally (see my previous review). I wanted to make sure that I had some.

The Lindeman's lambics are all like fruit flavored seltzers or something,

My thought exactly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users