#1 passlaku

passlaku

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • LocationFlorence Alabama

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:23 PM

Just wondering who is brewing this weekend? Aside form watching the tourney, I am debating what to brew with a yeast cake of Wyeast Abbey Ale II (1762?/Rochefort's strain). It will be the third beer I make with it. It is a pretty neutral yeast and I was considering brewing an MLPA with that yeast.

#2 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68748 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:47 PM

Just wondering who is brewing this weekend? Aside form watching the tourney, I am debating what to brew with a yeast cake of Wyeast Abbey Ale II (1762?/Rochefort's strain). It will be the third beer I make with it. It is a pretty neutral yeast and I was considering brewing an MLPA with that yeast.

that would be an interesting brew, go for itno brewing for me till the first week of April I think, then it'll be 1 every weekend for 6 weeks straight

#3 nbbeerguy

nbbeerguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationFredericton NB Canada

Posted 19 March 2010 - 05:56 AM

Im going to be brewing MLPA on sunday.

#4 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 19 March 2010 - 07:08 AM

No brewing but lotsa beer stuff going on nonetheless....bottling my wheat, stepping up a starter of 1056, and polishing off a keg of Sneaky Big Blonde Ale.Brew'm strong! :)

#5 MakeMeHoppy

MakeMeHoppy

Redundancy Comptroller of Redundancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10682 posts
  • LocationSlower Lower Delaware

Posted 19 March 2010 - 07:21 AM

yard work first. I haven't brewed since early January and am anxious to get back at it. I do have 6 kegs filled so there is no hurry but I'd like to do my house pale ale just to have extra on hand.

#6 Steve Urquell

Steve Urquell

Hot Loader

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3874 posts
  • LocationOzarks

Posted 19 March 2010 - 08:17 AM

LHBS has Munton's mild ale malt so I'm gonna brew an ESB w/ it.

#7 Humperdink

Humperdink

Cose

• In Memorium
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15798 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 08:43 AM

Loose interpretation of a dort export this weekend. 12 Gallons. I've got yeast rinsed of 2206 from a vienna and a 3500ml starter of 2308. Should be interesting as neither of these yeasts are "recommended" for the style. I love the vienna lager with the 2206 though. I'm seriously thinking about making this my lager yeast and doing one offs here and there with other strains. :)

#8 japh

japh

Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14896 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 19 March 2010 - 08:52 AM

It's looking like another Mead weekend for me! :)

#9 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:43 AM

I'm on spring break now, so I'm gonna be brewing all week! I'm thinking a wheat tomorrow, then some Cali Common, and maybe even a barley wine.I'm going to the LHBS today to get a sack of grain in anticipation!

#10 pete maz

pete maz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationInman, SC

Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:18 PM

I was originally planning to crank out a Munich Dunkel this weekend, then realized my yeast cake won't be ready yet. Another week at best. Not sure what the hell I was thinking...Instead, I'm looking at either an Alt, IPA using some of the Amarillo's & Columbus that I haven't broken into yet, or possibly a mild using some WLP023 slurry I have sitting in the fridge. Looks like I need to get my mind made up.

#11 CarlosM

CarlosM

SeƱor Joykill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12344 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:39 PM

transferring about 15 gallons worth of brew into kegs. Damn I am ready for the first leg of summer.

#12 drewseslu

drewseslu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 19 March 2010 - 02:22 PM

It makes a great Dubbel!I'm heating water to clean a tank at MBC, and going to brew some Black Sky Stout Porter. Earlier this week I brewed some Pale Ale, Summer Lager (Helles), Kolsch, and Hefeweizen, next week is APA, Summer Lager, Hefeweizen and lots and lots of Pale Ale, then maybe some Palm Sugar Rye Tripel next weekend at MBC.

#13 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts
  • LocationPhippsburg Maine

Posted 19 March 2010 - 02:51 PM

Just finished up 12 gallons of Belgian blond, put it on a yeast cake of wy3522 Ardennes. Hit 70 degrees here, so brewday was beautiful. kickin back with some SNPAs now, and have some fat 2" thick ribeyes all montrealed up ready to hit the weber. Yep

#14 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 19 March 2010 - 05:16 PM

10 gal of something assuming the cold/flu is a little better tomorrow25% Munich70% Pils5% CaravienneAll Marynka, FWH and late additions to about 48 IBUs and 1.055 OGUS-05

#15 johnpreuss

johnpreuss

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1460 posts
  • LocationWay Up North Minnesota

Posted 20 March 2010 - 07:44 AM

5 gallons of English Pale Ale today. Simple grain bill:10lbs Pale Malt1lb Crystal 40LTargets to bitterGoldings to finishOG 1.052-1.056IBU 35-40I have a 1.5 quart starter of 1968 going in a gallon jug that has 3 inches of krausen on it.BREW ON!! ;)

#16 hoppybrewer

hoppybrewer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 07:53 AM

mashing a saison and looking out at 4 inches of snow.where is the 65 weather from yesterday ;)

#17 realbeerguy

realbeerguy

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1974 posts
  • LocationBluffton, SC

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:18 AM

Yard work & transfering 10 gal Kolsch this weekend.

#18 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68748 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:58 AM

10 gal of something assuming the cold/flu is a little better tomorrow25% Munich70% Pils5% CaravienneAll Marynka, FWH and late additions to about 48 IBUs and 1.055 OGUS-05

where did you get Marynka????isn't that one of the parents of Cascade, along with Fuggle?edit to prove my ignorance, it was a different eastern Euro Hop Serebrianker

Edited by miccullen, 20 March 2010 - 10:03 AM.

#19 Nick Bates

Nick Bates

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationWestland,Mi

Posted 20 March 2010 - 12:46 PM

Just brewed my first all grain, started at 830 this morning just got done with clean-up. Everything went well, my only question is I was off on how much water to start my boil and by the time i was done chilling I ended up with 4 gallons at 1.050OG, so I added one gallon of water to make my 5 gallons, I forgot to take another gravity reading, how much could it have dropped from 1.050 after adding the 1 gallon of water? the recipe was a Magic Hat #9 Clone, the OG on the recipe was calling for 1.048.

#20 lowendfrequency

lowendfrequency

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 20 March 2010 - 08:44 PM

I brewed up an imperial kolsch that is going nuts in the fermenter right now. Pretty excited about this one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users