21 replies to this topic

#1 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:20 AM

...in case anyone cared. Most of you probably don't but just in case... :)

#2 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:23 AM

Of course we care, don't be ridiculous. Welcome to our little corner of the intertoobs. I think you know everybody here pretty much. It's the green board without the green...and the assbag.

#3 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:25 AM

Of course we care, don't be ridiculous. Welcome to our little corner of the intertoobs. I think you know everybody here pretty much. It's the green board without the green...and the assbag.

Yeah - I may have to change my settings. This will def be too bright for my eyes in the wee hours of the morning. Good to see you back at your moderating :)edit: Scratch that - only one option!! can we do anything about this? look at me - 2nd post asking for favors :)

#4 CaptRon

CaptRon

Comptroller of jokes about violence against women

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31546 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:26 AM

Hola Zymie - glad you could join us here. :) https://www.brews-br...tyle_emoticons/default/headbang.gif

#5 rockon

rockon

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2664 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:27 AM

Hi there!

#6 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:34 AM

Also - to get things started right I'm going to start heating up my strike water for a batch of Ken's Memory Lapse Pale Ale Variant. It will have an ever so slightly larger grain bill and I'll be using 2oz of glacier hops. 1/2 FWH and 1/2 60 min boil. :)

#7 Recklessdeck

Recklessdeck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationLawrence

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:36 AM

On a very similar note, I was excited when I found this site, its good to see the old board back together. I owe almost all my knowledge to the helpful people on brewboard, esp the mods.And to think, I even registered over at homebrewtalk because i was so beer-info deprived.Special thanks to MntBrewer for writing up that explanation of what happened, I've been in the dark this whole time. Seems like the site is quite active already.

#8 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:48 AM

On a very similar note, I was excited when I found this site, its good to see the old board back together. I owe almost all my knowledge to the helpful people on brewboard, esp the mods.And to think, I even registered over at homebrewtalk because i was so beer-info deprived.Special thanks to MntBrewer for writing up that explanation of what happened, I've been in the dark this whole time. Seems like the site is quite active already.

Sh!t - we need to get some stuff in the FAQ ASAP!!

#9 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:57 AM

Sh!t - we need to get some stuff in the FAQ ASAP!!

We're working on that. If you have anything to contribute, please forward it to either myself or George. There's a lot of stuff to do. Scott, Keith and I (and now George and Humdum too) sorta rushed to get the site up. Now we're playing catchup to get all the other stuff finished. We don't even have a set of policies yet, which I guess goes to show you how important they are...lol.Speaking of which, no need to obfuscate your cussing. A little profanity is fine, just don't let it get outta hand, k?

#10 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:06 AM

We're working on that. If you have anything to contribute, please forward it to either myself or George. There's a lot of stuff to do. Scott, Keith and I (and now George and Humdum too) sorta rushed to get the site up. Now we're playing catchup to get all the other stuff finished. We don't even have a set of policies yet, which I guess goes to show you how important they are...lol.Speaking of which, no need to obfuscate your cussing. A little profanity is fine, just don't let it get outta hand, k?

I'm offended by your fancy SAT vocab words :)

#11 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:50 PM

Welcome Zymlogical. This is my first full day aboard here too. Great to see all the wonderful brewers from the other place and I am looking forward to all the great things this site is already heading to do. Whoever got this going thanks.

#12 Lagerdemain

Lagerdemain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:02 PM

No biggie dealie - gotta crawl before you walk or run. The most important thing was keeping the community together, not necessarily duplicating the "green" experience anyway, right?

#13 realbeerguy

realbeerguy

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1974 posts
  • LocationBluffton, SC

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:37 PM

Just registered tonight. Was on the sidelines waiting for my last order from (he who must not be metioned HWMNBM). Good to see most of the serious brewers, mazers, ciderists here. Hope I can be a positive contributor.

#14 Kunsan90

Kunsan90

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationPurgatory ...

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:41 PM

Policies? I'll bet if you didn't tell us there were any, we still act the way we should!- forgot to add, hey Zy

#15 japh

japh

Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14968 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:43 PM

...in case anyone cared. Most of you probably don't but just in case... :)

Hi Posted Image

#16 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:59 PM

Glad you made it over zymo.

#17 Iceman

Iceman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:05 PM

... wow finally found (almost) everyone. After about 9 years over there, this color will take a bit of getting used to! So far so good.Ice

#18 *_Guest_sdeweese_*

*_Guest_sdeweese_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:39 AM

Welcome Zymlogical. This is my first full day aboard here too. Great to see all the wonderful brewers from the other place and I am looking forward to all the great things this site is already heading to do. Whoever got this going thanks.

Yes, thank you progenitors! Damn, it's nice to read you guys again. Quite a braindrain went on it appears.

#19 thatleetboy

thatleetboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:06 AM

After about 9 years over there, this color will take a bit of getting used to!Ice

It seems a little bright. My eyes hurt.But I like the blue banned at the top of the page.Cheers

#20 dmtaylor

dmtaylor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationTwo Rivers, WI

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:07 PM

And so begins... post #1 for me...... feels like I never left "that board which shall not be named". :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users