#1 HerrHiller

HerrHiller

Comptroller of HerrHiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2936 posts
  • Locationcanton,ohio

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:58 PM

...so I was really thinkin after watching prices right and seeing someone almost win "the man wall" just how hard would it really be to build a custom TV stand that's not only held a TV and consoles, and games etc...but that had within the TV stand 1 or 2 corny kegs and a CO2 tank. And tap handles on the outside....Just thinking in my head the best way to cool this bad boy...I could keep ice paks in it seal it well and change the ice paks every few days...or I could take a minifridge cut off the door and connect it to the back...not sure which of those would be most practical/efficient....any opinions? Or other ides of how this could be done?

#2 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48010 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:57 PM

If price is no object, Peltier coolers would be perfect. A mini fridge would mean that your stand would have to be at least as deep as the fridge, which doesn't seem optimal.

#3 HerrHiller

HerrHiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2936 posts
  • Locationcanton,ohio

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:38 PM

If price is no object, Peltier coolers would be perfect. A mini fridge would mean that your stand would have to be at least as deep as the fridge, which doesn't seem optimal.

I never heard of those until you just mentioned it and did a quick google...they don't seem THAT expensive I saw one for 31 bucks it was 226 watts. How big of one you think I'd need?

#4 Kellermeister

Kellermeister

Comptroller of Grievances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5208 posts
  • Locationthese are not the droids you are looking for

Posted 01 January 2010 - 06:50 AM

Don't people mount their TV's to the wall now?

#5 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64132 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 01 January 2010 - 10:43 AM

That's it! A wall mount for cornies!!!

#6 HerrHiller

HerrHiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2936 posts
  • Locationcanton,ohio

Posted 01 January 2010 - 11:08 AM

Don't people mount their TV's to the wall now?

I don't I bought my HD way back in 04. it's not flat its rear projection, is huge, and needsa TV stand,. I got it cause it was only 600 bucks at the time. also, if i ever get an HD TV I will not buy a wall mount, I think they are stupid..it's like drill holes in ur wall, plus ur TV is so close to the wall its a PITA to plug and unplug wires which I do every so often. If I get a flat TV I will buy one of those stands that has a Pole that you mount it to so it can Pivot around. See this would be a good idea for me, because we live in an apt now. I dont have anywehre to put a kegerator really. and while charlotte loves beer and totally supports the hobby she thinks a fridge sittin in one of the bedrooms or dining room would really be an eye sore. Sooo I'm thinking a TV stand sturdy enough to hold mt TV and my game consoles etc. Plus Big enough to fit a couple of kegs and a CO2 tank in. have the taps coming up off one of the sides. or maybe even a tap on each side. make it out of marine grade wood so it doesn't swell and/or rot. Just figuring out the design/cooling system. and where to put the PSU and how big of a PSU ill need. Plus how cool would it be going to a boddy's house, or ur own house, watching the game, and right there on the TV stand is a couple of beer taps with fresh delicious homebrew!!

#7 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 01 January 2010 - 12:14 PM

That's it! A wall mount for cornies!!!

and ANOTHER use for duct tape!

Edited by Stout_fan, 01 January 2010 - 12:14 PM.

#8 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:21 PM

Good luck with this if you try. Personally I wouldn't want taps anywhere near my television. When kegs blow the literally blow. And when your drunk buddy overpours his glass it's gonna suck cleaning that up from around the television stand. But if you're looking for alternative cooling ideas, people make cold rooms with a window A/C unit, which won't require the same space as a dorm fridge.

#9 HerrHiller

HerrHiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2936 posts
  • Locationcanton,ohio

Posted 01 January 2010 - 08:02 PM

Well The Taps are going to be off to the side. not a tower or anything. off to the Side. and im gonna have walls on the sides of stand all i really need is 1 wall as a shield, but that'd look stupid so just gonna put 2 walls and a top. Also the C02 tank would be enclosed somewhere out of sight, so no drunkie could adjust the pressure w/o a key. Also gonna have some long drip trays of some sort. Thinking about the design as I go...I did have another idea.. and that was just to put a fridge inside of a closet that is unused. drill holes in the door, and put taps on the outside of the door. I could leave enough slack on the hoses so i could open the door for maintenance. The door could just stay shut so no one could see the fridge. The closet sounds easier of a project, but the TV stand sounds cooler, more practical.

#10 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64132 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 01 January 2010 - 10:45 PM

....but the TV stand sounds cooler, more practical.

heh, funny.

#11 HerrHiller

HerrHiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2936 posts
  • Locationcanton,ohio

Posted 02 January 2010 - 06:49 AM

heh, funny.

What I mean by more practical is.. its not very practical to use up a whole closet. expecially when its you the woman and a kid, and 2 pets. al closets are generally full. I dunno can anyone here think of a better solution of where to put my kegs? the lady doesnt want a fridge just sitting in the living room or dinin rooms or any bedrooms.. and no room in the kitchen..

#12 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:06 AM

What I mean by more practical is.. its not very practical to use up a whole closet. expecially when its you the woman and a kid, and 2 pets. al closets are generally full. I dunno can anyone here think of a better solution of where to put my kegs? the lady doesnt want a fridge just sitting in the living room or dinin rooms or any bedrooms.. and no room in the kitchen..

is there a basement or garage?

#13 HerrHiller

HerrHiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2936 posts
  • Locationcanton,ohio

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:33 AM

is there a basement or garage?

No we live in a complex. so the basement is the washroom meaning everyone wuld have access to it.. and garages are carports..

#14 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:37 AM

No we live in a complex. so the basement is the washroom meaning everyone wuld have access to it.. and garages are carports..

what if the kegerator looked like this:Posted Image

#15 al_bob

al_bob

Bamahout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11032 posts
  • LocationMidland, Texas USA

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:43 AM

Where's the TV?

#16 HerrHiller

HerrHiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2936 posts
  • Locationcanton,ohio

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:44 AM

Shed prolly be OK with that. How did you drill through the top of that mini fridge though without hitting the compressor? and how do you fit 2 kegs and co2 in there? lol

#17 Rick

Rick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:43 AM

Shed prolly be OK with that. How did you drill through the top of that mini fridge though without hitting the compressor? and how do you fit 2 kegs and co2 in there? lol

Answer:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV8Pb7d5nZI

#18 HerrHiller

HerrHiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2936 posts
  • Locationcanton,ohio

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:50 AM

Answer:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV8Pb7d5nZI

Hey Rick i think that is the Minifridge that I allready have at home isnt it? or damn near close...

#19 Rick

Rick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:54 AM

Jonny, did you ever see my old kegerator? Basically I built a big foam box with 1.5" foam board insulation to fit 4 cornies. Next I took the door off the frige. One end of the box is open and is just a little to big for the opening of the frige, so you have to jam it into the opening. This creates an air and water tight seal. The top of the box is removable, so you can load in your kegs and whatever else you want to throw in there. I'm sure you can rig it so that you can load from the side by remounting the door. After you got your kegerator built, you can build your stand around it. An advantage of the foam, you can drill through it easily and not have to worry about cooling lines. I will post up some pics (if I still have them) of my build.BTW, dude, get that Brutus done!!!!

#20 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:57 AM

Where's the TV?

still working on getting that integrated :blush:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users