#1 reDough

reDough

Comptroller of Alchemy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:17 PM

1. StarSan, no, the foam is safe for your yeast or whatever the hell you put it on. Except your SS sink/counter top (undiluted).2. No, your beer is not ruined. Beer is traditionally a homemade kinda thing. Would you say 'My tea is ruined'? No, so man up and drink the shit, you can't ruin beer.3. So and so is annoying and their jokes offend me. STFU Donnie and ignore people.4. If you are off on mash temps or any other temps then who cares? Unless you got Basser's equipment to check it with it don't matter. Besides that, the unique qualities that come from each individual batch are what makes it great. ie. remember that kick ass beer I made back then? Repetition cheapens the moment, why you think I sent the chick home every night? 5. Sure, you can substitute one hop for another. So long as you aint brewing for competition or a bunch of BJCP wannabes.6. I wanna be an asshat in the PH but I lack the testicles/ovaries. Sorry about your luck :)What did I forget? Oh yeah, use beer yeasts for doughs and breads. Killer.

#2 reDough

reDough

Comptroller of Alchemy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:19 PM

Almost forgot./Thread

#3 EWW

EWW

Regular, normal human being

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26158 posts
  • LocationSomewhere special

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:21 PM

1. StarSan, no, the foam is safe for your yeast or whatever the hell you put it on. Except your SS sink/counter top (undiluted).2. No, your beer is not ruined. Beer is traditionally a homemade kinda thing. Would you say 'My tea is ruined'? No, so man up and drink the shit, you can't ruin beer.3. So and so is annoying and their jokes offend me. STFU Donnie and ignore people.4. If you are off on mash temps or any other temps then who cares? Unless you got Basser's equipment to check it with it don't matter. Besides that, the unique qualities that come from each individual batch are what makes it great. ie. remember that kick ass beer I made back then? Repetition cheapens the moment, why you think I sent the chick home every night? 5. Sure, you can substitute one hop for another. So long as you aint brewing for competition or a bunch of BJCP wannabes.6. I wanna be an asshat in the PH but I lack the testicles/ovaries. Sorry about your luck :)What did I forget? Oh yeah, use beer yeasts for doughs and breads. Killer.

THIS*wonders if anyone else is worried about how much sense retodd has been making as of late*

#4 reDough

reDough

Comptroller of Alchemy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:22 PM

THIS*wonders if anyone else is worried about how much sense retodd has been making as of late*

It's the water, it glows.

#5 EWW

EWW

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26158 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:26 PM

It's the water, it glows.

dude, your not supposed to drink your own urine :)

#6 *_Guest_Blktre_*

*_Guest_Blktre_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:27 PM

*Scratches head and thinks outloud*Glad I'm not drinking your beer!

#7 reDough

reDough

Comptroller of Alchemy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:30 PM

*Scratches head and thinks outloud*Glad I'm not drinking your beer!

Me too. Wait, what?Oh yeah, me too.

#8 CaptRon

CaptRon

Comptroller of jokes about violence against women

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31546 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:33 PM

Awesome.. I have to be honest.. I watched your 'reTodd brews' youtube vid right before I did my first all grain, and you really put me at ease over the whole thing and showed that it really aint that hard. So, uh, thanks!

#9 reDough

reDough

Comptroller of Alchemy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:34 PM

Awesome.. I have to be honest.. I watched your 'reTodd brews' youtube vid right before I did my first all grain, and you really put me at ease over the whole thing and showed that it really aint that hard. So, uh, thanks!

That, is awesome. You are much welcome :)

#10 CaptRon

CaptRon

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31546 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:38 PM

That, is awesome. You are much welcome :)

I still need to bottle that bee-otch. It was a RIS that has been in secondary for a while now. Been hoping that the gravity would drop a few more points as it only fell to 1.022. I think I mashed too high.

#11 reDough

reDough

Comptroller of Alchemy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:40 PM

I still need to bottle that bee-otch. It was a RIS that has been in secondary for a while now. Been hoping that the gravity would drop a few more points as it only fell to 1.022. I think I mashed too high.

Oh yeah, you're prolly right. Just dump that or send it to the mod staff for 'proper' disposal. :)

#12 EWW

EWW

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26158 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:41 PM

That FG is not unheard of for a RIS. What was your OG and what was your mash temp ... my guess is that you have good beer in the waiting there.

#13 reDough

reDough

Comptroller of Alchemy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:42 PM

Wait, are you crotch varmints actually doing a /thread in my thread?

#14 CaptRon

CaptRon

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31546 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:43 PM

That FG is not unheard of for a RIS. What was your OG and what was your mash temp ... my guess is that you have good beer in the waiting there.

My OG was 1.070. I shot for a temp of 152, but temp control is a little difficult when using the coolers so I ended up at 156. I know, I was drinkin while i was brewin!! hehe

#15 reDough

reDough

Comptroller of Alchemy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:49 PM

My OG was 1.070. I shot for a temp of 152, but temp control is a little difficult when using the coolers so I ended up at 156. I know, I was drinkin while i was brewin!! hehe

Please take this talk to the brewing forum. Thank you. *readies pimp hand*

#16 ANUSTART

ANUSTART

The Drunk Dump Truck Euphanism.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:50 PM

Can we make the OP a FAQ?

#17 EWW

EWW

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26158 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:51 PM

Please take this talk to the brewing forum. Thank you. *readies pimp hand*

you posted in the brewing forum pothead ... Anyway, looks like the FG is because of the mash temp, but nothing to really worry about

#18 reDough

reDough

Comptroller of Alchemy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:52 PM

you posted in the brewing forum pothead ... Anyway, looks like the FG is because of the mash temp, but nothing to really worry about

You should hush before I get angry. You wouldn't like....wait, what?

#19 RommelMagic

RommelMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationHighland Falls, NY

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:13 AM

:) I drank all my brew. Is it ruined? I'll end up duping it tomorrowOK, time for beddy by, waking up in 4 hours. Damn kid :)

#20 RommelMagic

RommelMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationHighland Falls, NY

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:21 AM

That's odd, I typed that at 3am

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users