#1 CaptRon

CaptRon

Comptroller of jokes about violence against women

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31533 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:30 PM

I know that this was posted here, but my search for the term JPA is not turning up any results at all. Anyone have the All-Grain linky?

#2 ColdAssHonky

ColdAssHonky

Comptroller of Fashion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:39 PM

C.J.’s House of the Rising Sun JPA – All GrainStyle: India Pale AleC.J. has formulated this wonderfully complex and hoppy brew in the spiritof the traditional India Pale Ale. A strong beer with a lot of hop character. C.J.’s hopping schedule spreads thishoppiness throughout the sensory experience with several flavor and aroma additions. WARNING – This brewis for hop heads only!!! (Starting Gravity: 1.059-1.065) (Finishing Gravity: 1.013-1.019) (Approximate AlcoholContent: 5.7-6.3%) (62 IBU)Ingredients:Maris Otter 10.5 poundsWheat Malt 6.0 ouncesCara Pils 8.0 ouncesCaraVienna 8.0 ouncesAromatic Malt 8.0 ouncesCaraMunich 4.0 ouncesCorn Sugar (Bottling) .75 cupsNorthern Brewer (Bittering) 1.5 ouncesAmarillo (Flavoring/Finishing) 1.5 ounces *Cascade (Flavoring/Finishing) 1.5 ounces *Centennial (Flavoring/Finishing) 1.5 ounces *Irish Moss 1.0 package* See instructionsWyeast #1026 British Cask Ale 1.0 packageORWhite Labs #WLP-002 1.0 tubeDate GravityBrewing:Racking:Bottling:Alcohol: %Follow Basic Mashing Instructions included…Turn up heat to achieve boil…Boil for 30 minutes…Add bittering hops…set timer for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes…Add .25 oz. Each of Amarillo, Cascade, and Centennial…set timer for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes…Add .25 oz. Each of Amarillo, Cascade, and Centennial…set timer for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes…Add Irish Moss and .25 oz. Each of Amarillo, Cascade, and Centennial…set timer for 10 minutes. After 1 minutes…Add .25 oz. Each of Amarillo, Cascade, and Centennial…set timer for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes…Add .5 oz. Each of Amarillo, Cascade, and Centennial…Remove from heat, cover pot and chill to 70 to 80°F.Add to primary fermenter by straining through filter funnel, top up with water to 5 gallons and mix and aerate well byshaking fermenter or injecting filtered air or oxygen.Pitch Yeast. If using Wyeast….follow liquid yeast starter instructions (Call if you do not have this). White Lab’s should beallowed to warm to pitching temperature.You should have active fermentation within 8 to 36 hours.Once fermentation is complete, transfer to secondary (if you have one) for 1-4 weeks or bottle as usual.

Edited by MyBeerPants, 14 April 2009 - 03:40 PM.

#3 CaptRon

CaptRon

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31533 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:45 PM

Awesome..Thanks a lot man..

#4 ColdAssHonky

ColdAssHonky

Comptroller of Fashion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:17 PM

Awesome..Thanks a lot man..

No problem.

#5 Kunsan90

Kunsan90

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationPurgatory ...

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:59 PM

In case you wanted the pdf file, its attached.

Edited by Kunsan90, 14 April 2009 - 05:00 PM.

#6 zymot

zymot

Comptroller of Small Amounts of Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25477 posts
  • LocationMortville

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:59 PM

Dude, didn't you just brew this a couple weeks ago? WTF

#7 CaptRon

CaptRon

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31533 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:26 PM

Dude, didn't you just brew this a couple weeks ago? WTF

Sure did.. I couldn't find my print out that I had and I don't go over to the brewboard at all and my searches here weren't turning up anything.Actually just sampled one of them last night. Interesting beer. In your face hop aroma, but not as much in your face on the hop flavor. I was surprised being the amount of hops that was getting tossed in throughout the boil and the amount of hop material I pulled out after brewing. Very nice flavor, great coloring (I will have to take a picture after they finish carbing up as it had hardly any carbonation but I couldn't wait :) ) - it was the clearest brew I've made yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users