#1 Darterboy

Darterboy

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1981 posts
  • LocationVestavia Hills, Alabama

Posted 07 August 2024 - 05:37 PM

Two beers back-to-back today with my grown daughter. What was I thinking? 98 degrees out there! I'm going bed early. Too old for this shite!

I did have fun though. Forgot how much brewing involves lifting heavy shit (at least my setup does)

#2 BobG

BobG

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3693 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne, IN

Posted 08 August 2024 - 09:09 AM

Congrats!
I'm about that far past my last brew session. Someday I'll get back to it.

#3 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 57544 posts

Posted 08 August 2024 - 10:33 AM

Two beers back-to-back today with my grown daughter. What was I thinking? 98 degrees out there! I'm going bed early. Too old for this shite!

I did have fun though. Forgot how much brewing involves lifting heavy shit (at least my setup does)

I keep thinking about the heavy lifting part.  Up and down stairs too.  If the days comes and I can't do it anymore, I'll accept it.  Until then .. let's brew!  :D

#4 Darterboy

Darterboy

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1981 posts

Posted 08 August 2024 - 06:01 PM

I keep thinking about the heavy lifting part.  Up and down stairs too.  If the days comes and I can't do it anymore, I'll accept it.  Until then .. let's brew!  :D

Yeah, I had back surgery in January. So I was glad my daughter was there to tag-team hauling full glass carboys from the back patio where I brew to the basement where I ferment.. I also lift my full mash tun off the ground to run-off and sparge AND I lift my full post-boil Kettle to the next highest tier to siphon into my carboys. Not to mention hauling 5-gallon bottles of water from the RO machine at the grocery store to the car and then to my HLT.  I handled it pretty well, but not like I did 10 years ago!

I still love brewing though!Just something magical about watching those carboys bubble! Handed down my old copy of Complete Joy... to my daughter. Still the best starter book IMO. I'll give her Palmer if she sticks to it.

#5 Gusso

Gusso

Secretary of In and Out

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22626 posts
  • LocationThe Holy City

Posted 09 August 2024 - 05:11 AM

When I got back into brewing a few years ago, the glass carboys were kicked to the curb. Now, it's plastic or stainless.

#6 Darterboy

Darterboy

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1981 posts

Posted 09 August 2024 - 12:08 PM

When I got back into brewing a few years ago, the glass carboys were kicked to the curb. Now, it's plastic or stainless.

Yeah, I need to invest in some Better Bottles for sure!

#7 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9096 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 11 August 2024 - 09:18 AM

That's one of the things that make all in ones so wonderful

#8 Gusso

Gusso

Secretary of In and Out

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22626 posts
  • LocationThe Holy City

Posted 12 August 2024 - 02:13 AM

Yeah, I need to invest in some Better Bottles for sure!

I prefer Speidel or the Kegland All Rounder.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users