#1 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3160 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 17 June 2024 - 12:07 PM

OK, so in the long road to getting back to brewing, I have to first establish a dispensation device commonly known as a keezer. Said chest freezer was purchased at the local Costco in Knoxville a while ago. When asked if I wanted the extended warranty, I replied I fully intend to violate said warranty. The grin on their faces said they knew exactly what I was going to do to said chest freezer. Should have had a chat about beer, but I missed that opportunity. Amazon provided a lot of the gas distro manifolds and clamps. The 2x8 has been finally unwarped to the point I can use it for the surround.

Well, the gigantic hole (4" in diameter actually) was repaired in the hardwood floor that used to be the laundry room. It almost looks acceptable, But I intend to park a keezer over it so who really cares exactly how good was my repair job. Now why would anyone put a hardwood floor in a laundry room is hard to fathom. One word answer: "interior designers"... OK, that was two. Logic, and the concept of liquid induced rot apparently has no leash upon their motives. It seems the acceptance of continual linoleum flooring is anathema to people of such high aesthetic standards.

The removal of cabinets, water connections, and 220v outlets has been completed and the second coat of mud is set for final smoothing and painting. If I slide the keezer to the end of the previous laundry area there might be room for a small table and chairs there intended for studied analysis of my fermentation achievements... or rather my failures. Ollie's had a pub table and set of pub height chairs this flyer, but was out of them when I paid them a visit. GREAT! so I guess I have another wood fabrication project! So if any of my fellow brethren here have suggestion as to table and chair fabrication it would be most greatly appreciated. The truth is I really don't need pub height furniture. Regular height is quite OK (and takes less wood).

AND after all that is done I might be able to mud the rough-in BR in the basement and actually have water to brew and clean with. I'd love to give more time to this but other priorities arise. Presently I bought a bucket head vacuum, started on putting 5/8" fire rated drywall in the garage, and am working on a three station pointing area for my tungstens. Going to plumb three 1" belt sanders with said vac on a shelf next to my welding table. One each for Stainless, steel, and aluminum.

If I knew I'd be working this hard I never would have retired!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users