#1 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

Comptroller of le Shartes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16576 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 20 June 2023 - 06:03 AM

My last Win laptop bit the dust. Only used it for Promash. Sad to leave PM behind. My dad gave me his Chromebook. I suppose I need to get Beersmith Mobile 3. Here is where I get confused. What is the Web version? When using the Web version, will I even need Mobile 3? Im looking to build my own recipes and have all the tools. Especially tools for water needed, preboil gallons and gravity, strike, hop loss all the brewday stuff. Saving sessions etc. Any help would be great!

Cheers. 

#2 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

Comptroller of le Shartes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16576 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 21 June 2023 - 01:37 PM

NVM. Went with Brewfather instead. Which seems pretty good btw. 

#3 Beejus McReejus

Beejus McReejus

Comptroller of Flying Ducks

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12522 posts
  • LocationTopeka, KS

Posted 09 July 2024 - 05:39 PM

I can't find my old license key for Beersmith, so looking for some new software.  You happy with Brewfather?  I also saw there are different options for Beersmith, and while I like the familiarity of the interface, I'm not opposed to switching.  Or are there even some decent free online version?  I'm not that worried about storing recipes, I just need the refresher on strike temps and whatnot.  I've forgotten a lot!

#4 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56310 posts

Posted 09 July 2024 - 08:39 PM

I've been using a web-based product called Brewgr.  Seems to be what I need for recipe formulation.  

#5 Beejus McReejus

Beejus McReejus

Comptroller of Flying Ducks

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12522 posts
  • LocationTopeka, KS

Posted 10 July 2024 - 07:23 AM

I spent a couple minutes with Brewfather on my phone and it seemed horrible.  Maybe I didn't give it a chance, but I wasn't very pleased.  I checked out the Beersmith web version with a free 30 day trial and I think I may end up going this route.  I'll check out the Brewgr too, Nake, thanks for the info!

#6 mikesarney

mikesarney

Advanced Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • LocationBridgeville, PA

Posted 10 July 2024 - 07:38 AM

When I finally retired my ancient version of Beersmith, I ended up going with Beersmith web version. I tried Brewtarget for a little bit, but things would seem off sometimes, especially with mashes. 

#7 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56310 posts

Posted 10 July 2024 - 07:38 AM

I spent a couple minutes with Brewfather on my phone and it seemed horrible.  Maybe I didn't give it a chance, but I wasn't very pleased.  I checked out the Beersmith web version with a free 30 day trial and I think I may end up going this route.  I'll check out the Brewgr too, Nake, thanks for the info!

Brewgr is free and you can save and retrieve your recipes.  This is probably the 4th or 5th product I have used because they either disappear or they want to charge you.  Honestly, all I really need from them is the overall numbers like SRM, ABV and IBU.  ABV is not that important to me because I make a lot of 5% beers and SRM can pretty much be known just based on malts.  But IBU (especially a bittering addition) is important since AA% change with hops and I don't plan to calculate the IBUs manually.  Cheers brother .. keep us posted on getting back on it.  

#8 Gusso

Gusso

Secretary of In and Out

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22472 posts
  • LocationThe Holy City

Posted 10 July 2024 - 08:03 AM

I don't use any brewing software except for Brunwater. Haven't seen the need for it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users