#1 toonces

toonces

Methuselah

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31920 posts
  • Locationthe atomic city

Posted 26 October 2022 - 02:48 PM

Whatcha got?  What's the best?  Easiest to get, load.  Best interface?

I'm a complete idiot on this.

#2 Stains_not_here_man

Stains_not_here_man

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105021 posts

Posted 26 October 2022 - 02:50 PM

I was using ExpressVPN for a bit. It was all of those things. Very easy to use and you could select your region etc very easily. Can't comment on whether it's the best but I liked it just fine.

#3 dagomike

dagomike

Comptroller of CrapPapples

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17617 posts

Posted 26 October 2022 - 04:41 PM

I'm a fan of Mulvad. They recently started doing vouchers you can buy on Amazon that are super convenient. You don't need an account or enter any billing/contact, no KYC for banks. They know nothing about you.

#4 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46766 posts

Posted 26 October 2022 - 05:04 PM

I end up using what hardware people tell me to use so for now it's Forticlient and also Firebox Watchguard.  That last one is about to be replaced by a new one but I'm not sure which it is.  

#5 Breakpoint

Breakpoint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationSW MI

Posted 28 October 2022 - 01:42 PM

I built my own using WireGuard and PiVPN. It won’t change my location for me but it definitely hides my IP and makes everyone think I’m always in SW MI which is apparently good when you want to watch showtime in Canada. Not sure how good it really is but it’s free and it lets me tinker with things.

#6 toonces

toonces

Methuselah

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31920 posts
  • Locationthe atomic city

Posted 28 October 2022 - 01:47 PM

I built my own using WireGuard and PiVPN. It won’t change my location for me but it definitely hides my IP and makes everyone think I’m always in SW MI which is apparently good when you want to watch showtime in Canada. Not sure how good it really is but it’s free and it lets me tinker with things.

Tell me more.  How do you get it?  Download online?

#7 Breakpoint

Breakpoint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationSW MI

Posted 28 October 2022 - 02:05 PM

It's super simple, just follow the instructions here. I run it on a Raspberry Pi but I guess any Linux machine could run it. 

Also, if your ISP changes your IP address routinely or you're prone to power outages, then make sure to set up a Dynamic DNS with DuckDNS and do this when setting up WireGuard.

I did set up a PiHole when I was setting up WireGuard so now I get some decent adblocking without having to do too much.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PHBT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users