22 replies to this topic

#1 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:55 AM

I ordered an O2 regulator on the 21st and the fedex tracking still doesn't show that the item has actually been picked up. I called them yesterday and just got the Indian call center (useless). Is this typical of harbor freight to hold off on shipping an item for this long?

#2 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18076 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:41 AM

I ordered an O2 regulator on the 21st and the fedex tracking still doesn't show that the item has actually been picked up. I called them yesterday and just got the Indian call center (useless). Is this typical of harbor freight to hold off on shipping an item for this long?

What one did you buy? There was one that was on there that was about 29 bucks I had planned to pick up but it is no longer listed on teh website.

#3 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:46 AM

What one did you buy? There was one that was on there that was about 29 bucks I had planned to pick up but it is no longer listed on teh website.

that's the one and that's what concerns me. the bastards charged my credit card but haven't shipped it out yet. if I could just get a goddamned american on the phone I could iron this out :stabby: :smilielol: :cheers: :cheers: :smilielol: :stabby: :stabby: :stabby: :stabby:

#4 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:20 AM

... the bastards charged my credit card but haven't shipped it out yet. ...

I'd be calling your credit card company and complain. That'll get it settled quick.Sounds like some sort of SNAFU. HF wasn't that bad 9 months ago when I ordered stuff from them.They could have changed though, :stabby:

Edited by Stout_fan, 01 December 2009 - 07:21 AM.

#5 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:23 AM

I'd be calling your credit card company and complain. That'll get it settled quick.Sounds like some sort of SNAFU. HF wasn't that bad 9 months ago when I ordered stuff from them.They could have changed though, :stabby:

I'm trying the e-mail route now. If the item is still on it's way I don't have a problem - the problem is I don't know if fedex isn't updating their site or if the item really hasn't been shipped.

#6 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:03 AM

arg - if I had read the resellerratings reviews on this place I never would have ordered anything. my expectations are low that I'll:1) receive this item before mid-december2) that it will not be broken when it gets hereI noticed a lot of guys on here buy pumps from harbor freight so I kind of ASSumed that they were decent to deal with but maybe not...

#7 Spoon

Spoon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationLower Alabama

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:09 AM

I ordered some specialty wrenches from them once and found they were drop shipped from the manufacturer. This resulted in a week or so delay in me getting it and caused me some heartburn needless to say. I have a Harbor Freight in town now so I just go to the store. What pumps do people buy?Sorry to hear your having problems, but they are a bit slow to ship in my experience.

#8 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:10 AM

I ordered some specialty wrenches from them once and found they were drop shipped from the manufacturer. This resulted in a week or so delay in me getting it and caused me some heartburn needless to say. I have a Harbor Freight in town now so I just go to the store. What pumps do people buy?Sorry to hear your having problems, but they are a bit slow to ship in my experience.

I'm not sure which one but it's usually just for recirculating chiller water I think. The thing that burns me is they "shipped" the item just so they could charge my credit card when the item hasn't really been shipped. That kind of BS makes me extremely :stabby: :smilielol: :cheers:

#9 gumballhead

gumballhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Locationsw michigan

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:56 AM

I'm not sure which one but it's usually just for recirculating chiller water I think. The thing that burns me is they "shipped" the item just so they could charge my credit card when the item hasn't really been shipped. That kind of BS makes me extremely :stabby: :smilielol: :cheers:

I avoid them like the PLAGUE. Northern Tool also. I bought an Air Compressor once upon a time. it lasted2 or 3 months. I used to pump up the bike tires for the kids. when It locked up and took outhalf the house I took it back to them.my warranty expired when i walked out of the store with the unit.good luck. :cheers:

#10 Sidney Porter

Sidney Porter

Comptroller of the Banninated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29318 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 01 December 2009 - 09:09 AM

I have never order from them but we have 2 here in town. Most of their tools are low quality, I will look there if there is a tool that I know will not be used much (ie I purchased a grinder cut off wheel that I used when I converted some kegs) but I don't think I would buy anything that I would depend on.

#11 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 09:25 AM

I have never order from them but we have 2 here in town. Most of their tools are low quality, I will look there if there is a tool that I know will not be used much (ie I purchased a grinder cut off wheel that I used when I converted some kegs) but I don't think I would buy anything that I would depend on.

well - this regulator is going to get about as light of use you can get. it won't be under constant pressure and will get used 1-3 times a month for a couple of minutes to oxygenate my wort.

#12 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:50 PM

I KNEW IT! Those bastards didn't have it in stock and charged my credit card anyway. Let's see how fast they can get a refund out.

#13 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18076 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:08 PM

I KNEW IT! Those bastards didn't have it in stock and charged my credit card anyway. Let's see how fast they can get a refund out.

Bastards!! I was going to get the same one. Maybe I will check the local B&M Harbor Freight. If not, off to eBay I go.

#14 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:08 PM

Bastards!! I was going to get the same one. Maybe I will check the local B&M Harbor Freight. If not, off to eBay I go.

yeah - I've got my 20lb O2 tank sitting here with no regulator to go on it now!

#15 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18076 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:14 PM

yeah - I've got my 20lb O2 tank sitting here with no regulator to go on it now!

Me too .. I was going to buy a tank and my dad found a full 20#er in the back garage .. got to love it! Although I am on a brewing hiatus for a bit so I have time to wait for a cheap one.

#16 CoastieSteve

CoastieSteve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:22 PM

I'd highly recommend McMaster-Carr instead. Good prices, cheap shipping, and fast turn-around.

#17 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:31 PM

I'd highly recommend McMaster-Carr instead. Good prices, cheap shipping, and fast turn-around.

$100 for a regulator? no thanks.

#18 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64136 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:06 PM

McMaster most certainly does not have good prices. They have prices that reflect the fact that they have good quality stuff, a ridiculous amount of stuff in stock and you can get it in 1 day in most areas of the country via ground shipping. All of those things carry a premium. McMaster almost always has higher prices than getting something locally or at another online retailer.

Edited by JKoravos, 01 December 2009 - 07:07 PM.

#19 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:12 AM

... I will look there if there is a tool that I know will not be used much ... but I don't think I would buy anything that I would depend on.

Exactly. The tools I keep in my truck (which can get stolen) are HF. My good socket and wrenches are either Craftsman or S&K.

#20 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9736 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 03 December 2009 - 05:02 AM

I have a HF locally and the store is ok. I have bought a number of things there. They pretty much tell you there is a 3-step warranty but the prices are cheap.I have a northern tool just around the corner. The mods most definitely would not allow me to express my full contempt for them. They are of the devil and I have vowed never to shop there again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users