#41 badogg

badogg

Comptroller of jokes about violence against women

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29658 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 25 July 2021 - 08:06 PM

You drove 13 hours for a kid's baseball tournament?

I mean... You do you. But there had better be a full ride to college or a mlb pick on the line for me to do that.

This wasn't just rec baseball.
He was picked for the cities All-Star team. They won pre-state and State tournaments, sending other teams home. Utah was for regionals. Kind of a big deal actually. They made it to the championship game, and lost 6-3.

It was worth it for us to see him commit to something. 6 day a week practices, winning trophies, and becoming a much better player playing competitive ball.

You do you, but I'll support my kids committing themselves to something, working very hard (literally blood, sweat, and tears), to be part of a team bigger than themselves.

#42 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56127 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 26 July 2021 - 03:14 AM

Lol, I feel you but also remember what you might do for your kids. I bet you would...

True except there are also planes.   :P

#43 SnowMan

SnowMan

Advanced Snowman

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10870 posts
  • LocationWinter...

Posted 26 July 2021 - 06:08 AM

Lol, I feel you but also remember what you might do for your kids. I bet you would...

With 4 kids, jaunting off for 13 hours drive time just isn't happening.  I mean, I'd need a 3rd parent to just be the sports and trips parent if I had 4 kids running like that.  I get that as parents we need to foster something the kids love.  But we refuse to do it at the cost of the other kids.  

We've seen too many families where one kid, often the oldest, is a "star" and the others get to tag along. How is that fair? 

True except there are also planes.   :P

And there's this!

#44 Stains_not_here_man

Stains_not_here_man

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95556 posts

Posted 26 July 2021 - 07:01 AM

I'm just going to go on record and say that, I want everyone to do what makes them happy but if you have more than 2 children on purpose, you might actually be insane :D

#45 badogg

badogg

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29658 posts

Posted 26 July 2021 - 07:03 AM

I'm just going to go on record and say that, I want everyone to do what makes them happy but if you have more than 2 children on purpose, you might actually be insane :D

Yeah man, it would be a different story if I had more than two.

#46 VolFan

VolFan

Comptroller of teh spr0ts

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10689 posts
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 26 July 2021 - 07:05 AM

I started getting eggs from a new source last week. When I pulled up to the house I was surrounded by 10 kids. I was like holy sh*t.

They were all nice and asked a ton of questions about the dog and the Jeep. Finally their mom came out and said let that gentleman go.

There may have been more inside that isn’t walking. I couldn’t imagine a house that busy.

#47 Stains_not_here_man

Stains_not_here_man

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95556 posts

Posted 26 July 2021 - 07:08 AM

Yeah man, it would be a different story if I had more than two.

Sometimes I wish I had two instead of just one. Never, ever do I wish I had 3 :D

#48 badogg

badogg

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29658 posts

Posted 26 July 2021 - 09:52 AM

Sometimes I wish I had two instead of just one. Never, ever do I wish I had 3 :D

I grew up an only child and always envied my friends that had siblings. So I always said if I had kids, I was having two.

When my youngest was born (baseball kid) a couple of months in my wife says (I think I could do this again and have another one). My reply: Well, you're going to have to find someone else to have it with because I am DONE! Had my vas three weeks later to make sure. Lol

#49 toonces

toonces

Methuselah

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28859 posts
  • Locationthe atomic city

Posted 26 July 2021 - 09:58 AM

Never met them, but there's a story about a couple here that had 3 kids, 8 years apart.  The motivating force was so they could afford college for all three.  But, I could see other advantages, similar to badogg's  situation.

#50 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48757 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 26 July 2021 - 09:59 AM

I grew up an only child and always envied my friends that had siblings. So I always said if I had kids, I was having two.

When my youngest was born (baseball kid) a couple of months in my wife says (I think I could do this again and have another one). My reply: Well, you're going to have to find someone else to have it with because I am DONE! Had my vas three weeks later to make sure. Lol

My wife threatened divorce if i did not permit her to have her third. It was a good decision, just had to amend all my hopes and dreams. 

#51 SnowMan

SnowMan

Advanced Snowman

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10870 posts
  • LocationWinter...

Posted 26 July 2021 - 10:05 AM

We had our two boys first... the second was still wet when my wife said... well we should try for a girl.  When the older girl was like 6 months old, my drunk ass said... she's awfully cute, we should have another.  

Once we had the 2:2 matched set... we were done for sure. 

If we'd had 1:1 in the first two, we'd have likely stopped there.  That said. My kids are a ton of fun. 

#52 porter

porter

Comptroller of Affairs with Potatoes

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14908 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 26 July 2021 - 12:22 PM

We would probably have had three had we been able to start earlier, but given that we had our first at 36, two was enough.

#53 Mando

Mando

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 26 July 2021 - 12:24 PM

We would probably have had three had we been able to start earlier, but given that we had our first at 36, two was enough.

I don't know how people survive kids in thier late 30s. We got started in my late 20s and even then I wish we had started sooner! They are pretty freaking exhausting!

Edited by Mando, 26 July 2021 - 12:24 PM.

#54 Stains_not_here_man

Stains_not_here_man

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95556 posts

Posted 26 July 2021 - 12:27 PM

I think my son would have benefited from having a sibling, in retrospect. But also we probably have been and will be able to provide things for him that would have been harder to provide for two.

#55 porter

porter

Comptroller of Affairs with Potatoes

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14908 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 26 July 2021 - 12:29 PM

I don't know how people survive kids in thier late 30s. We got started in my late 20s and even then I wish we had started sooner! They are pretty freaking exhausting!

It's a lot of work, but rewarding. My biggest concern is being an "old dad" and not being able to keep up with my kids when they're teenagers. I mean, that's inevitable at some point but hopefully I'm not holding them back too much when they're 16. I've been working really hard on health for that reason. I might be in the best overall CV shape of my life right now. I am way behind on strength training due to that MTB crash in December, though. Weights haven't been touched in a year.

#56 Mando

Mando

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 26 July 2021 - 12:34 PM

It's a lot of work, but rewarding. My biggest concern is being an "old dad" and not being able to keep up with my kids when they're teenagers. I mean, that's inevitable at some point but hopefully I'm not holding them back too much when they're 16. I've been working really hard on health for that reason. I might be in the best overall CV shape of my life right now. I am way behind on strength training due to that MTB crash in December, though. Weights haven't been touched in a year.

My son asked me to run 200m with him the other day. Holy crap my body can't handle that kind of sustained high output.

There are pros and cons. I would probably be better equipped emotionally now.

Edited by Mando, 26 July 2021 - 12:35 PM.

#57 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48757 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 26 July 2021 - 12:38 PM

Damn, that's gotta be ... i mean. Like a super strong heart in some old body? Bro. Critical organs af. You're like a torso hooked up to a telsa hooked up to a honda hooked up to a fuel pump hooked up to a hand crank hooked up to your cardiac output. Like ... just a couple reps. S'all I want. Get stronger than mando. 

#58 Mando

Mando

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 26 July 2021 - 12:39 PM

Damn, that's gotta be ... i mean. Like a super strong heart in some old body? Bro. Critical organs af. You're like a torso hooked up to a telsa hooked up to a honda hooked up to a fuel pump hooked up to a hand crank hooked up to your cardiac output. Like ... just a couple reps. S'all I want. Get stronger than mando.

You should probably set a higher bar for him.

#59 Hillbilly Deluxe

Hillbilly Deluxe

Comptroller of MS Paint Diagrams

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2485 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 26 July 2021 - 01:01 PM

Congrats BFB !  looks like lots of places in that house to leave bodily fluids...  :D

#60 japh

japh

Winner!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11414 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 26 July 2021 - 01:22 PM

We had our youngest when I was 36, and it's definitely a different experience than our oldest (had her at 25). 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users