#81 jimdkc

jimdkc

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2679 posts
  • LocationIndependence, MO

Posted 14 April 2021 - 04:07 PM

Prell shampoo. We were instructed to only get prell as it doesn't leave soap scum in the showers.

Prell shampoo and Zest soap!

If you're willing to pay Fred Meyer prices.  :P

This was late 80's/early 90's and I was coming from Southern California, so their prices didn't seem that bad!

#82 Julius H Gardetto

Julius H Gardetto

Comptroller of Delusional Berkley Hippie Types

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23011 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 04:59 PM

Meijers has been doing the super Walmart thing for decades, better than most!

#83 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37349 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 06:51 AM

Meijers has been doing the super Walmart thing for decades, better than most!

I went into a Meijer's once.  My daughter had a softball tournament and won the first game so now there was a 6-hour wait or something.  This was about an hour from home so I see the Meijer and went over there.  Huge.  I got the impression that there was no product on Earth that I couldn't get there.  Extension cords, pork roast, lamps, edamame, prescription glasses, ramen noodles, tires, soda, flashlights, shit tickets, gum, romaine... crazy.  Excuse me, can you tell me where the flash drives are?...   "Oh those are in aisle 235, sir".   :mellow:

Edited by ER Pemberton, 15 April 2021 - 06:52 AM.

#84 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46879 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 15 April 2021 - 07:24 AM

I went into a Meijer's once.  My daughter had a softball tournament and won the first game so now there was a 6-hour wait or something.  This was about an hour from home so I see the Meijer and went over there.  Huge.  I got the impression that there was no product on Earth that I couldn't get there.  Extension cords, pork roast, lamps, edamame, prescription glasses, ramen noodles, tires, soda, flashlights, shit tickets, gum, romaine... crazy.  Excuse me, can you tell me where the flash drives are?...   "Oh those are in aisle 235, sir".   :mellow:

I would've gotten smashed and passed out in a gas station soup asile. They woulda had to call animal control, taken me to a kill shelter. Still would've made it back in time for that second softball game too.

#85 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37349 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 07:28 AM

I would've gotten smashed and passed out in a gas station soup asile. They woulda had to call animal control, taken me to a kill shelter. Still would've made it back in time for that second softball game too.

Holy shitballs, that's exactly what happened to me!  We won the second game too!!  :lol:

#86 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46879 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 15 April 2021 - 07:45 AM

Holy shitballs, that's exactly what happened to me!  We won the second game too!!  :lol:

lol

#87 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42414 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 17 April 2021 - 09:33 AM

I remember going to a meijer near Dayton one time. Biggest display of watermelons I ever saw. It was like one of those taxidermy displays they have at Cabellas, but all watermelons

#88 Howie

Howie

Feltersnatch

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12207 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 17 April 2021 - 08:01 PM

Y’all have intrigued me

I picked up some Duke Cannon BT body wash and their beard oil. Used the body wash tonight. Feel like I’ll smell like this for a month

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users