#41 Mando

Mando

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45908 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 19 October 2020 - 01:06 PM

Heh, I just did a test on my phone to see what the wifi speed was. Better than I expected! :D

Screenshot-20201019-111416-Speedtest.jpg

why is up better than down?

#42 badogg

badogg

Comptroller of jokes about violence against women

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28185 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 19 October 2020 - 03:20 PM

why is up better than down?

Probably due to network traffic with my wife, me, and the kids all doing work from home sucking the download bandwidth.  I've noticed that to be sort of normal with this Fiber connection in general.  Just a guess though, maybe moon can give a technical reason for it.

#43 Whats His Name

Whats His Name

Comptroller of King Richard V

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37820 posts
  • LocationYor Mom’s house

Posted 19 October 2020 - 04:14 PM

A pure fiber optic service runs symmetrical upLoad/download bandwidth... The upload speed is way more important... that’s why a 20/20 service will always be better than  100/5, /10, 15.... (offered by CATV) The less users on the network the greater your upload speeds... This is why cable companies always make a big deal about download speed in their advertisements... Cable modem you share bandwidth with your neighbors.  Pure fiber to the prem? You only share bandwidth within the 4 walls of your home

#44 DownEastBrewer

DownEastBrewer

Comptroller of Being an Ass Hats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2483 posts
  • LocationUpper Righthand Corner, USA

Posted Yesterday, 09:22 AM

We've got a spectrum 100/10 package, and our speeds are consistently 115 up/ 12 down.  Similar to JKor, we usually have an xbox, a tablet and 1 or 2 tv's streaming all at the same time.  Never had an issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users